The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Attn AKAI: MPC Live current requests/suggestions
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
Here's mine:
  • Mute grid page for Audio tracks (like MIDI tracks)
this is a frequently recurring request. +1.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelgrind View Post
What I'm asking is:
I want to make a project, sample kicks, snares etc from my various drum machines and then save these as separate samples in wav format to my external drive for use in ableton, other samplers etc. I do not want to save these as a drum program or as a song. Just separate wav files (i.e. Snare1.wav, 808kick.wav etc)
Is there a way to sample all of these and then save ALL of them in just one go.
The way I'm doing it now is: Sample kick drum, add it to pad 1, hit the pencil tool and select "save current sample". If you have 50 drum samples this is a pain in the a**.

To be clear, I do not want these as an akai drum program format. I want the wav files, and I want them all saved (50 separate samples) at the same time to my external drive.
Saving as a program does save individual wav files. The way it works is that the Prog file directs the MPC to your samples (aka wav files). So, for example, if you want to copy a program, you have to copy the program file AND all the wav files. The MPC helpfully does this automatically if you copy a program within the MPC. But if you want to bring all your samples into Ableton (etc), then you just have to find the location of the wav files (which your MPC program has been using). By default they are in the same folder as the program file (note that by default these files are hidden in the browse screen of the MPC; you can unhide them easily).

So, to do what you want, save the program in the MPC. It will auto save all your wav files, all at once.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

The upshot is that for each project where you have copied a program from an earlier project, you are duplicating your program and all your wav files (in a new folder).

This may seem like overkill, but you're only limited by your SSD space, and one shots aren't large. More importantly, it means editing a program in one project won't edit the original program in the earlier project - they stay independent - obviously that is a good thing.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
this is a frequently recurring request. +1.
I've been asking for it for quite a while now. Been a few threads where I've mentioned it here.

I've sent Akai Professional via FB a link to this thread - so they can be aware -
even if it's already been done by someone else - it doesn't hurt to keep drawing their attention to it.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

That's great. Actually, Akai have been pretty good in the way they've supported this product.
Old 23rd January 2018
NEED:

- Program change insert (as event) mid-sequence
- Proper time signature changes mid-sequence in standalone. (Already mentioned but thought I'd mention it again.)
- Fixed "bar delete" / "bar add" functions in sequence edit. (Standalone, don't know if it's in controller mode, too.)
- I will also echo that external MIDI ports need to be available when in controller mode.

- Shift-pad menus are an excellent idea to implement from older MPCs.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

- autoload feature
- load entire folder
- select and load multiple files with shift
- i really hate when i exit a folder and am back at the top of the list again!!
- i have no idea which sample is playing in random layer mode
- select multiple pads with shift in mixer mode
- attack for the lfo
- a second lfo or a new effect with multiple lfos
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

I see I am the only one asking for side-chain, I mean seriously, how do you work around it??? I don't imagine releasing music without it.
Old 23rd January 2018
Gear Nut

Thought of another:
A way to fold the notes of the scale you are in in the grid edit screen ala Ableton. In other words, only show the notes in the scale you are in. Would be amazing for screen real estate.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGi_TaL View Post
I see I am the only one asking for side-chain, I mean seriously, how do you work around it??? I don't imagine releasing music without it.
I know sidechaining is a big deal in plenty of electronic music. But it's style dependent. I hardly ever use it. I'll be glad to see it implemented for your sake and others who want to use it though.

But if I did want to do it, I'd be using the software to do volume automation to create ducking. There are some advantages to this technique anyway. The obvious disadvantage is you have to copy/paste your automation to coincide with your kick, which is more or less tedious depending on how complex the kick part is.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know sidechaining is a big deal in plenty of electronic music. But it's style dependent. I hardly ever use it. I'll be glad to see it implemented for your sake and others who want to use it though.

But if I did want to do it, I'd be using the software to do volume automation to create ducking. There are some advantages to this technique anyway. The obvious disadvantage is you have to copy/paste your automation to coincide with your kick, which is more or less tedious depending on how complex the kick part is.
Thanks for the suggestion, already watching a video: YouTube on this.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

global lfo
disk streaming

thanks!
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

When tethered to the MPC 2.0 software, the sequenced MIDI data only gets sent out the MIDI DIN outputs and does not get sent to the rest of the computer through the 3 available MIDI Ports in the software (Live). That means 2 things for me: 1) sequenced MIDI data is hidden from tools like MIDI Monitor and 2) I can’t send sequenced MIDI messages to my light controller DMX software/video software as they are separate applications and don’t run as VSTs.

My hope was to use a MIDI track to keep my visuals in time. To do that, I’d have to buy an external MIDI to USB box which makes no sense since the MPC should be a MIDI to USB box.

While cool, the MIDI Control mode available doesn’t let you choose pad colors, has a bug in turning off touch sensitivity of the q-links (confirmed with MIDI monitor), and above all it can’t be sequenced.

I’m sure I’m one of the few on this one.
Old 23rd January 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thought of another:
A way to fold the notes of the scale you are in in the grid edit screen ala Ableton. In other words, only show the notes in the scale you are in. Would be amazing for screen real estate.
this would be cool. one thing that bothers me is that MPC doesnt seem to be particularly clever in detecting when you should be in grid mode. It seems to always start me at bottom left of the sequence when all my notes may be a few bars in on higher octaves. So i have to scroll each time to the right place.

If i leave the screen and come back again after moving around other pages ive again lost my position on the grid. I would expect it to snap to where the first note is at the start of the sequence.
Old 23rd January 2018
Deleted User
I would just like the current system to be as bug-free and stable as possible. If they never added another thing, but made everything work perfectly for an entire long session (8 hours) without having to reboot, I'd be the happiest m0therƒucker alive.

But if I had to have three features added, it would be:
  • Disk streaming.
  • Editable automation via UI (draggable anchors or editable lines similar to how the velocity data can be edited, though I'd personally prefer draggable anchors)
  • Modulation matrix that allows modulation of sample start/end and loop start/end/position points and the ability to record and edit these modulations and/or assign them to the mod wheel, or various CCs, etc. Also, throw in other random modulation options, just for fun.
Old 23rd January 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Thought of another:
This is one of my favorite features in Ableton Live.
Old 23rd January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGi_TaL View Post
I occasionally use almost non-audible sidechaining in a DAW. Side-chaining as an audible effect sounds horrible to me and is already dated, imo.
Old 25th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robleighton22 View Post
-
- muting audio tracks in Track Mute (only midi tracks at the moment)
+1!!!
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Another minor but stupid one:

Hitting and holding note repeat then pressing a division on the touch screen in Grid Mode makes the screen lose its current position and go down to the bottom. Kinda annoying. . .
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
- load entire folder
This can already be done. Press shift when you have a folder highlted
Old 26th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
- load entire folder
You can do that already, single tap the folder, hold down SHIFT, tap 'LOAD ALL'
Old 26th January 2018
Gear Nut

- Submixes in standalone
- Keygroup and layer crossfading
- ability to combine cycles and velocity switching
- more than 4 layers in PROGRAM EDIT
- Unique LFO, envelopes and filters 'per layer', not just per pad
- apply effects in SAMPLE EDIT
- generate an additional 'release' to sample chops like Recycle does (this was there in the MPC1000/2500)
- Browser to fully index and tag your sound library, so we can search the entire library for specific sounds, i.e. like the Maschine browser.
- proper automation editing
- XYFX to control your choice of effects
- drag and drop track and sequence reordering
- single release cycle for controller and standalone modes to avoid lengthy periods where one mode lacks the features of the other
- public bug tracker so we can see which bugs have already been reported and know which ones are being attended to
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
This can already be done. Press shift when you have a folder highlted
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpctutor View Post
You can do that already, single tap the folder, hold down SHIFT, tap 'LOAD ALL'
ok thanks. but why a button combo? theres still room for a load button on the screen.
Old 27th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
ok thanks. but why a button combo? theres still room for a load button on the screen.
Shift brings up the correct touch screen option. I think you'll find it easy enough anyways.
Old 27th January 2018
Lives for gear

I forgot to mention this one:

When exiting Next Sequence, your selection is not preserved. This makes it pretty useless for live performance because it means you have to sit in this menu until the choice is enacted. It is also made redundant by the Main Menu, which does preserve next sequence choice when exiting.

The Next Sequence menu would be better to use if it worked in this way, because pad selection is less fiddly in a live situation. If some people want it to operate as-is, a behaviour toggle could be put in Preferences to change the behaviour of Next Sequence: either preserving a choice when exiting Next Sequence Menu or abandoning it.
Old 27th January 2018
Gear Nut

Bit more info on what's coming in 2.1 in the saintjoe vid below. Apparently we can install 3rd party expansions into standalone mode and have them appear in the new graphical 'Expansions' tab (this is already a feature of controller mode since 2.0.8). No mention how this is to be implemented though - XPN? Manual transfer (does this mean we finally get access to the internal drive?)? Loaded to attached disk?

Anyway, this is good for me as an expansion developer, but there doesn't appear to be any grouping or tagging support, so not sure how much this is going to improve actual browsing workflow for end users. Are we able to search all expansions simultaneously for a particular tag or phrase, like we can in the software GUI Media Browser?

Old 27th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpctutor View Post
Bit more info on what's coming in 2.1 in the saintjoe vid below. Apparently we can install 3rd party expansions into standalone mode and have them appear in the new graphical 'Expansions' tab (this is already a feature of controller mode since 2.0.8). No mention how this is to be implemented though - XPN? Manual transfer (does this mean we finally get access to the internal drive?)? Loaded to attached disk?

Anyway, this is good for me as an expansion developer, but there doesn't appear to be any grouping or tagging support, so not sure how much this is going to improve actual browsing workflow for end users. Are we able to search all expansions simultaneously for a particular tag or phrase, like we can in the software GUI Media Browser?

What he says at the end indicates that they're still being pretty secretive about it. So it's too soon to say what may or may not be in the upgrade. Personally, if it is only workflow improvements I'd be happy with that, so long as that is pretty comprehensive.
Old 27th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I forgot to mention this one:

When exiting Next Sequence, your selection is not preserved. This makes it pretty useless for live performance because it means you have to sit in this menu until the choice is enacted. It is also made redundant by the Main Menu, which does preserve next sequence choice when exiting.

The Next Sequence menu would be better to use if it worked in this way, because pad selection is less fiddly in a live situation. If some people want it to operate as-is, a behaviour toggle could be put in Preferences to change the behaviour of Next Sequence: either preserving a choice when exiting Next Sequence Menu or abandoning it.
Yes! Please.
Old 27th January 2018
VDB
Lives for gear

Automation editing in standalone
Proper midi over USB.
Shift + pad like old MPCs to access other functions.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search