The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Prologue Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Korg Prologue

Here's a thread from Musicplayer about a leak from France:

[NAMM 2018] KORG PROLOGUE 8 et KORG PROLOGUE 16

translation - Prologue, the new hybrid analog synth from KORG

A 49-key, polyphonic analog polyphonic synthesizer and the 61-key, 16-channel version, which can be described as a "hybrid" synth by integrating a digital motor into the center of its fully analog circuit.

Close cousin of KORG's already famous minilogue and monologue, the prologue is a complete and fully programmable polyphonic analog synthesizer. Hormone boosted version, it is distinguished from these predecessors by a keyboard with large keys, a polyphony of 8 or 16 channels (depending on the model) and a new engine
digital sound (the multi-engine) greatly expanding the sound and customization possibilities. As you will understand, the prologue range includes two models: the 8-channel version of 49 keys and the 16-channel version of 61 keys. Let's find out more in detail what lies beneath this beast ...

Analog power

The prologue takes again the powerful analogical circuits which made the strength of its predecessors (minilogue and monologue), and thus proposes an incomparable quality of sound as well as an astonishing presence. More than 11000 electronic components have been used for its manufacture! The prologue is composed of 2VCO, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA and 1LFO. It also features the famous built-in oscillator allowing you to create unique waveforms to refine your harmonies and create breathtaking sounds. Add to that a bipolar low-pass filter and powerful distortion and you have a powerful analog palette to create deep bass, powerful leads, and the beautiful pads that are expected of a polyphonic synthesizer. Also note that the prologue is bi-timbral, and allows you to play two different programs simultaneously.

Despite its analog power, the prologue retains its ease of use and intuitive interface worthy of the latest KORG synthesizers. You will find on the panel the easy selection of channel modes (POLY, MONO, UNISSON, CHORD ...), the powerful arpeggiator, or the simplified selection (and sortable) of the 500 programs.

The freedom of digital

The ingenuity of the prologue goes beyond its analog design. Indeed, by adding to the original 2 VCOs a third MULTI ENGINE digital oscillator, KORG is exploring new experimental sites. This new engine, adding digital and FM waveforms, can be combined with analog VCOs to extend the sound potential of the prologue far beyond that of a traditional analog synthesizer. The noise generator, the VPM oscillator and the high-quality digital effects (modulation and delay / reverb) bring you complex metallic sounds and harmonics that you never thought possible.

Another novelty, and not least, this new engine MULTI ENGINE offers a USER mode that allows you to load oscillator programs of your own creation (and yes!) You can develop on the dedicated software (available in early spring 2018 ). There are sixteen slots for this parameter.

KORG manufacturing quality

Many waited for a minilogue with big keys. In the end KORG did better, but still listened to users' comments. On the prologue, you'll find Japanese keyboards of 49 and 61 notes, with big keys, that offer the same feel and expression as the high end KORG keyboards.
Beyond the keyboard, KORG has really paid attention to the details of the overall design. The body of the prologue synthesizer offers a black aluminum panel, wooden side panels and metal potentiometers highlighting the beauty of the instrument that will be as comfortable on stage as in the studio.

The first copies of this powerful synthesizer should arrive in France in March. The price of the 8-way model should run around 1500 € and we are talking about 2000 € for the 16-channel version.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Hopefully they didn't forget about the fecking aftertouch!

Sounds very good to me. 32 VCOs for 2k notes, compelling...
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Nutube I want you

This will be super awesome though. The "I made that?" quote begins to make sense with the Osc designer. Hybrid +1
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Just one LFO?

Appears to be Korg's answer to the System 8 and Rev 2.

I didn't see aftertouch mentioned anywhere, but at least there's no bleeping mini-keys!
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear
That forum seems to have manual account validation before you can see the attached images
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_over_q View Post
2VCO, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA and 1LFO
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
That forum seems to have manual account validation before you can see the attached images
Well if that leaked, there's bound to be images soon.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Well, 1 LFO indeed would be a dealbreaker. WTF, Korg.
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Addict

One LFO again , hope this stupidity isn't true.

It better have some nice build quality for 2k though, a 61 key Minilogue + a digital osc sounds pretty great.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Taking bets that it'll have the same sh|tty no-aftertouch KingKorg keybed.

Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

This is the key part:
Another novelty, and not least, this new engine MULTI ENGINE offers a USER mode that allows you to load oscillator programs of your own creation (and yes!) You can develop on the dedicated software (available in early spring 2018 ). There are sixteen slots for this parameter.
So, in short, 8/16 voices full size 'logue with an added user programmable digital oscillator.

Nice
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear
not that excited by this so far..
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
This is the key part:
an added user programmable digital oscillator.

Nice
Absolutely this makes a huge difference here…

Additionally, this thing is bi - timbral with split and layer function and with Delay and Reverb effects.. Pretty much cool I would say. Well done korg!
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

It certainly sounds like it has potential from my perspective, but I need to hear something compelling, plus aftertouch and a decent keybed are absolute requirements for me no matter what it sounds like. I guess I’m off to listen to Minilogue examples to get a feel for the character of a modern Korg analog.
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Head
They are are 4 pictures on the french forum for the registred users.

Last edited by oune; 17th January 2018 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Unable to upload pictures
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Think I'll wait for the Uliheim!
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

someone needs to register to get those pics..
really hoping they've designed it in a polysix/monopoly style, but I'm dreaming of course
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear
I've registered, but they need to enable you manually to view image attachments. So we need a french slut that already has an account there..
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_over_q View Post
Well if that leaked, there's bound to be images soon.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

I am just glad this is the first new product announcement / leak thread without the word "Bazinga" or "wowza" or "kapow" in the title.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Attached more images from the same place orcoaffamato found.

I'm guessing/hoping the digital oscillator is adapted from the XMT engine found in the KingKorg.

edit: lol, too slow
Attached Thumbnails
Korg Prologue-prologue-news-2.jpg   Korg Prologue-prologue-news-3.jpg   Korg Prologue-prologue-news-4.jpg  
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Meh

I guess I have enough Korg stuff for now.
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Jeez. An actual IEC input!
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcoaffamato View Post
holy cow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbelt Jones View Post
I am just glad this is the first new product announcement / leak thread without the word "Bazinga" or "wowza" or "kapow" in the title.
Lucky!!

Please let this have After touch!
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

White lines on the knobs? But not down the sides!
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Well finally. 8 years of analogue market research to get from the Monotron to something you can actually play with both hands :-)
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Looks gorgeous but... No aftertouch?
And a single LFO?
That would be a wasted opportunity to deliver a top poly synth...
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

[QUOTE=WozNYC;13077891]Taking bets that it'll have the same sh|tty no-aftertouch KingKorg keybed.

That crossed my mind as well.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
White lines on the knobs? But not down the sides!
Looks plenty of room on the 61 key version to queue up some white lines at the side!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search