The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ensoniq mirage Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 14th January 2018
Gear Addict

ensoniq mirage

Hi, I lost all my disks for my ensoniq mirage and have one left that was inserted that seems to have a patch and OS on the disk.
Thing is, it seems to have program settings or something set up kinda of weird. When I sample something it sounds kinda odd like something is effecting it. Is there a way to Int patch to get A clean slate ?
Old 14th January 2018
Lives for gear

might be way off here, been a while since i've used one... is the "oscillator" mix set to 50%? i think by default it might play the sample from both voices and give a chorus type of effect (?).
Old 15th January 2018
Gear Addict

Yeah Tried everything from sample time , sample filter, sample volume levels, OSC mix mode set to 0, ADSR, no dice. Kills on bass though with the filter set way low even with the distorted artifacts.
So I guess I can just use it for that. probably not worth fixing.

Last edited by bleep; 15th January 2018 at 07:12 AM..
Old 15th January 2018
JDN
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleep View Post
Yeah Tried everything from sample time , sample filter, sample volume levels, OSC mix mode set to 0, ADSR, no dice. Kills on bass though with the filter set way low even with the distorted artifacts.
So I guess I can just use it for that. probably not worth fixing.
have you sampled into the Mirage before or just used the disk library previously? It's unlike any other sampler, meaning way more noisy, way more grungy, way more dark than any other sampler. Possibly it's just the Mirage?
Old 15th January 2018
Lives for gear

there shouldn't be any "distorted artifacts" to be heard from the sample itself if the filter cutoff is set low.
Old 15th January 2018
Lives for gear

maybe the input compressor #75
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search