The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ANTS! micro semi modular Desktop Synthesizers
Old 13th January 2018
Gear Head

ANTS! micro semi modular

ANTS! | PLANKTON ELECTRONICS

Have I missed a discussion thread here?
Anyone with more expertise than me can judge it? It feels it destroys the minisyzer in features. And that one may not be in production (can't buy from the website).

Lots of ins and outs, 4 oscillators... not impressed by the sound, but that could be the person doing the demo more than anything.

Kinda in the price band of the Behringer model D. That's gonna be a though filter to beat. And I've read on youtube that the oscs don't track very well beyond 2 octaves.

With 4 oscs, you can try doing analog FM algos . Not likely to be linear FM though, so not likely to work well for melodic stuff.
Old 13th January 2018
Gear Maniac

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...DHBvG6fx-wwA1U

I found this one in another search. I like Ants from the demos but, am still leaning toward the O coast just because it's so damn weird...also looking at the Dreadbox Nyx...more expensive, but the dual filter routings, and reverb really set it apart
Old 13th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Plankton Electronics Ants opinions

Here's another thread I stumbled across. I was looking it up because the US distributor just got them back in stock, and was curious. I have an anti-Behringer bias that I just can't seem to shake so, I won't be buying a Model D clone any time soon. Ants! Is twice the asking price of a Model D clone here in the US at least

Last edited by Mortal Engines; 14th January 2018 at 02:06 AM..
Old 14th January 2018
Lives for gear

I think Ants is great. It's a fun wacky synth and really works well with other semi modular or modular stuff. The O-Coast can do some cool stuff, but sounds more modern in tone to me. That may be exactly what you're looking for. But the Ants with it's 4 Osc is really versatile.

Old 14th January 2018
Here for the gear

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search