The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What I would buy Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

What I would buy

I haven’t seen anything come out that sparks my interest lately. Seems like we’re living in the past with all these rereleases. So I thought of what I would buy that isn’t a traditional synth or drum machine.

A self-sampling polyphonic analog synth keyboard with a built in digital sampler, multitrack sequencer, + per track digital multieffects.

The point would be to be able to quickly sample a sound at the press of a button and assign it to a track (out of say 16 tracks). Then play and record that sample. Have about 4 stackable FX per track. Be able to run the sequencer and play parts in and record them in real time. Maybe even stack sounds. Stereo audio in for sampling other devices, and the ability to export batch export tracks individually.

Maybe Behringer could pull it off. Or just wait for Moog to rerelease the pencil sharpener for $800. I’m cool with either.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Two Times View Post
Seems like we’re living in the past with all these rereleases. So I thought of what I would buy that isn’t a traditional synth or drum machine.
50 years of beautiful tradition from Moog to Arturia, your g— d—- right I’m living in the past!

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Seems like we’re living in the past with all these rereleases.
A past that sounds worse than the original did
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDelmarva View Post
A past that sounds worse than the original did
2nd law of thermodynamics.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I’m just waiting for a poly wavetable synth with analog filters that I like and that’s affordable.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
How do you think guitarists feel when Gibson and Fender release another 100 versions of thier 60 year old designs at ridiculous prices!!

Just be glad you can buy a moog clone for $300 & do dodgy Emerson impressions. ..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I’m just waiting for a poly wavetable synth with analog filters that I like and that’s affordable.
I'd buy that for a dollar!

I find it interesting that a good chunk of my fav ios synths are the various wavetable ones. Putting a nice analog filter at the end would be real nice.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arglebargle View Post
I'd buy that for a dollar!

I find it interesting that a good chunk of my fav ios synths are the various wavetable ones. Putting a nice analog filter at the end would be real nice.
Yeah, the Quantum is my wet dream, but I’d be happy with something more simple if it could retail for $1200.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawinul View Post
How do you think guitarists feel when Gibson and Fender release another 100 versions of thier 60 year old designs at ridiculous prices!!

Just be glad you can buy a moog clone for $300 & do dodgy Emerson impressions. ..
This is so true. But they have not been bit buy the addiction like we have. With that being said My GAS is high at the moment.
Old 1 week ago
it's quite simple, the price gouging of vintage gear over the last 15 years led to overly expensive and ridiculous prices. Now it's easy to sell re-releases of them, still quite expensive but compared to the originals cheap and people are buying them of course.
I am glad that also people who start today have the opportunity to buy some classic synths without having to sell their kidney for it. The new generation isn't responsible for sick prices of old gear. for people who started a couple of years ago there is also a lot to discover just owning a 909 clone + a 303 clone + some fx
the old gen might get bored over the next couple of years, seeing all these re issues of synths which they have already played to death in the 80's
might be karma trying to earn a few $ by selling synths for more money than one has paid for them.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
This is so true. But they have not been bit buy the addiction like we have.
Ah ha ha ha ha! Haven’t met many guitarists, have you?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylenko View Post
Ah ha ha ha ha! Haven’t met many guitarists, have you?
Yes I have. They love old gear.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I haven’t seen anything come out that sparks my interest lately. Seems like we’re living in the past with all these rereleases. So I thought of what I would buy that isn’t a traditional synth or drum machine.

A self-sampling polyphonic analog synth keyboard with a built in digital sampler, multitrack sequencer, + per track digital multieffects.

The point would be to be able to quickly sample a sound at the press of a button and assign it to a track (out of say 16 tracks). Then play and record that sample. Have about 4 stackable FX per track. Be able to run the sequencer and play parts in and record them in real time. Maybe even stack sounds. Stereo audio in for sampling other devices, and the ability to export batch export tracks individually.

Maybe Behringer could pull it off. Or just wait for Moog to rerelease the pencil sharpener for $800. I’m cool with either.
You just described the machine I've got real money saved for. There doesn't seem to be a machine for the solo studio guy who likes quality gear. Hell, there's not even a digital mixer with transport controls for your DAW for under $20,000 that I can think of, not that I need one.

The more I think about it, I hate DAWs. LOL. I'm a dinosaur, I still want a huge multitrack Machine that can sample and has pads, 6 aux sends, separate outputs, 24 input is fine, beautiful eq and compressor , hard wired analog effects (why not?) knob per feature, and a handful of faders you can assign to do anything. And of course it should sound brilliant.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

The Synthstrom Deluge already exists. Besides the stereo input (and analog synth), it nails everything you want. Just hook up a keyboard to it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search