The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prophet 2000 trouble? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Prophet 2000 trouble?

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a prophet 2000 for cheap. At first I thought I may not know how to actually use the thing and couldn't get sound out of it (which may still be the case) but I've been reading up on it and think I know how to check parameters of different effect that may be blocking my sounds. Every once in a while when I boot her up ill get a sine wave sweep that starts high and goes low at start up. Most of the time when I press any key I get a quite clicking noise. also when I hold down keys i hear what sounds like brushes rubbing on a snare.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I may end up parting it out on eBay if it becomes too much of a pain.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Prophet 2000 make really efficient boat anchors.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.aw View Post
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a prophet 2000 for cheap. At first I thought I may not know how to actually use the thing and couldn't get sound out of it (which may still be the case) but I've been reading up on it and think I know how to check parameters of different effect that may be blocking my sounds. Every once in a while when I boot her up ill get a sine wave sweep that starts high and goes low at start up. Most of the time when I press any key I get a quite clicking noise. also when I hold down keys i hear what sounds like brushes rubbing on a snare.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I may end up parting it out on eBay if it becomes too much of a pain.
Its a sampler. You have to load its memory from
floppy disks, I’m pretty sure. There are no
sounds permanently stored in it.

Do you have the sample disks that belong to
it?

Now if you do have the disks and have tried
loading a disk, and still get no sound, there
is a problem with the Prophet 2K’s RAM
(Random Access Memory, the temporary
place where samples are loaded to). The
RAM may need replacing.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

The prophet 2000 has ( pretty bad ) prophet V samples when you boot, you don't need any floppy disk .Try open it up and unplug the floppy drive and see if you can boot . Maybe try to replug ( or remove ) the memory expansion board if you have one too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search