The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
korg Arp Odyssey plugin
Old 23rd December 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
korg Arp Odyssey plugin

this
KORG Collection for Mac/Win - SOFTWARE INSTRUMENTS | KORG (USA)

Hope they rewrite the other analog emulations like ms20, they don't sound good as the Roland plug out or other plugs synthesizer, and hope this new one sounds good.
Old 24th December 2017
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
For Current Users of KORG Legacy Collection: Announcement of
Server Migration Accompanying Partial Termination of Service

We will soon be migrating our server to KORG ID and KORG Shop along with the partial termination of service of KORG USER NET. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to KORG Legacy Collection users. We request that you follow the instructions on the page below to complete the migration procedures. Using the coupon code which will be issued, you will be able to switch from the KORG Legacy Collection series to KORG Collection free of charge.

Doesn't seem to be working yet, we have to migrate all our current licenses?

Lineup | KORG Collection for Mac/Win - SOFTWARE INSTRUMENTS | KORG (USA)

Magento Commerce
There has been an error processing your request
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

Sorted out mine earlier; seems to be a nice crossgrade offer.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great new since the Legacy wasn't avail in 64 bit!
Old 24th December 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Toms View Post
Great new since the Legacy wasn't avail in 64 bit!
It's been 64-bit since 2013.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is this Korg Collection (previously Legacy Collection) the same as the Korg Gadget for Mac (now on sales, which just purchased for $149), where the ARP Odyssey is called Lexington, the MonoPoly is called Montpellier, etc?

for Mac | KORG Gadget - MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE | KORG (USA)

Gadget Collection | KORG Gadget - MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE | KORG (USA)

KORG Gadget for Mac | Get Inspired. Make Music.

I'm confused by the Korg names and offerings. Do these collections overlap, and if not, what's the skinny? Do they need to be purchased separately, and if so, why are there 2 Odyssey versions - and which one is better?

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmoose View Post
It's been 64-bit since 2013.
Ok, I was confused. I haven’t been able to use it with the current ProTools in several years. I was thinking it was a 64-bit issue and now I realize it’s the fact that they do not support AAX.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Oh cool news, and I really really hope there's a new ms20 too.. it was always 'snapshots' of sound, higher accuracy is great.

Plus the old ones really need a GUI upgrade for 4k screens
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Did they say they were going to be updating the older ones? They are among the oldest VI’s. I think I had them around the turn of the century.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
Is this Korg Collection (previously Legacy Collection) the same as the Korg Gadget for Mac (now on sales, which just purchased for $149), where the ARP Odyssey is called Lexington, the MonoPoly is called Montpellier, etc?

for Mac | KORG Gadget - MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE | KORG (USA)

Gadget Collection | KORG Gadget - MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE | KORG (USA)

KORG Gadget for Mac | Get Inspired. Make Music.

I'm confused by the Korg names and offerings. Do these collections overlap, and if not, what's the skinny? Do they need to be purchased separately, and if so, why are there 2 Odyssey versions - and which one is better?

This Korg Collection was formally called Korg Legacy Collection, and has been around for years. The titles are on this page: KORG Collection for Mac/Win - SOFTWARE INSTRUMENTS | KORG (USA)

The exception, is that Korg added the Odyssey. The other titles though, are unchanged (with the exception of a recent upgrade to be compatible with the latest Mac OS.) That said -- Korg is saying there will soon be some (much overdue) love for the collection, in the form of new patches, and upgraded GUI. The collection has a famously small GUI.

The upgrade is free for existing collection owners... but $50 if you want the new Odyssey. I upgraded to pick up the Odyssey.. which mirrors both the iOS and the hardware version, for the most part. It's a fantastic soft version of the original ARP Odyssey.. with the addition of polyphony, and the ability to save / call up patches. It's faithful to the original.. and the three versions (hardware, iOS, OSX) seem to be patch compatible.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear
Arp odyssey it has 34 sliders and more than 20 switches, now tell me what midi keyboard can offer a pleasant experience to the user if he want to handle the Odyssey?

All the major manufacturers they should make unique midi keyboards for their best software synthesizers. For example, Korg now could produce the Arp odyssey midi keyboard controller, 1 : 1 simulation with their Vst, with split function and a step sequencer.

Imagine now you will be able to make your own sounds directly from your hardware device, which in this case is your odyssey midi keyboard, and after that to save them in your software directly from your hardware. After that you can split your keyboard in 2 midi channels playing simultaneously your melodies and bass patterns. After that you will switch your keyboard in channels 3 and 4 playing your pads/melodies or whatever you want and so on. Obviously you can achieve most of these functions with your typical midi keyboard, let’s say that you have the Alesis VI 49, but having the real odyssey workflow in front of you is a different feeling. And the tactile experience will be the same as using the real thing! And you don’t have to watch at your computer screen.

What price should have a midi keyboard like that? I don’t know 299 $ I think is a reasonable price, plus the software 70 $, so in total 369 $.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
So glad the guis are getting an update, honestly hard to get comfortable with it currently on 4k screens.

How does the Oddy sound - Anyone got both to compare it to…? I'm happy if they get it as the Roland's and uhe's latest. I'm gelling with them nicely.

Also, anyone know if the 50 upgrade is for ever or early deal? The website is a bit broken for me on my phone
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
[Migration Procedure]

Acquire the coupon code from this page.
Visit the dedicated migration product page below.

KORG Shop Migration Page
https://korg.shop/software/korg-coll...-products.html
Place the desired product in the cart and enter the coupon code.

In order to proceed with the purchase procedure at the KORG Shop, input of coupon code is required. Also, although the price will be displayed, it will become free by entering the coupon code.
Following the instructions on the screen, proceed with the registration for KORG ID and purchase procedure.
Please install the product according to the procedure described in the email after purchase completion.
Follow the instructions on the screen when launching for the first time to authenticate the license.

Still not working...
Magento Commerce
There has been an error processing your request

The new site is a BUG OF ****E, I'm getting errors, blank pages, migration coupon codes not working, they need to sort this out, I cannot do a thing.

I can't even seem to purchase the Karp VST - Blank page everytime, this looks to be (apart from the poly section), 1:1 layout to the hardware, I'd like to use it as a patch sheet for the hardware to save with my projects if it's cheap enough, how much is it, if it's working for you...

Last edited by breakmixer; 24th December 2017 at 11:28 AM..
Old 24th December 2017
Gear Nut

Same trouble here. Cant access the site. So we will just have to wait to see if this gets fixed soon.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoshores View Post
Same trouble here. Cant access the site. So we will just have to wait to see if this gets fixed soon.
Thanks for confirming...
Old 25th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Be interesting to hear how it stacks up against the Oddity 2.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoo View Post
This Korg Collection was formally called Korg Legacy Collection, and has been around for years. The titles are on this page: KORG Collection for Mac/Win - SOFTWARE INSTRUMENTS | KORG (USA)

The exception, is that Korg added the Odyssey. The other titles though, are unchanged (with the exception of a recent upgrade to be compatible with the latest Mac OS.) That said -- Korg is saying there will soon be some (much overdue) love for the collection, in the form of new patches, and upgraded GUI. The collection has a famously small GUI.

The upgrade is free for existing collection owners... but $50 if you want the new Odyssey. I upgraded to pick up the Odyssey.. which mirrors both the iOS and the hardware version, for the most part. It's a fantastic soft version of the original ARP Odyssey.. with the addition of polyphony, and the ability to save / call up patches. It's faithful to the original.. and the three versions (hardware, iOS, OSX) seem to be patch compatible.
Would love to know exactly how you migrated
your KLC to id.korg site in order to qualify
for the upgrade price on the Odyssey. The
migration process is confusing (2 codes for
every synth in the collection? Really?) and
the Korg shop is not working right now.

If you could list your migration procedure,
step-by-step, it would be most appreciated.
Sp appreciated that I will PayPal you $25 just
for doing it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Ok thanks...

Their site is confusing, because these same synths are offered in their "Korg for Mac" collection (previously called "Gadget for Mac") - which also contains the Odyssey plugin, along with the MonoPoly and the others. And, it's also on sale for $149.

I actually thought I was purchasing these Korg synth plugins when I purchased this Korg for Mac collection. But, now I see there's another Collection with these same plugs - also for $149 - but under another bundle title.

So, I'm wondering if the Odyssey plugs between the two collections is the same, along with all the other plugs. It's very confusing navigating their site. I wanted their synth plugins and now it looks like there are 2 collections with the same plugins.

Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
Would love to know exactly how you migrated
your KLC to id.korg site in order to qualify
for the upgrade price on the Odyssey. The
migration process is confusing (2 codes for
every synth in the collection? Really?) and
the Korg shop is not working right now.

If you could list your migration procedure,
step-by-step, it would be most appreciated.
Sp appreciated that I will PayPal you $25 just
for doing it.
Ha Dave. I think I was lucky, in getting my upgrade before the korg servers got wonked..
Here is what I did... Friday afternoon. . .

1. Went to Korg User NET site. On the menus on the right hand side are two bolded options. UPGRADE COUPON and MIGRATION COUPON.
If you don't have these... then the site / data is borked, and you will probably need to wait until their support gets into the offices.
2. I followed the directions in the UPGRADE COUPON link, and purchased the $50 ARP Odyssey package. Used Paypal. Again though.. if you don't have the option for an upgrade coupon, you're stopped.. Sorry for that!
3. Korg sent me an email with links to download the KORG Legacy Collection. I installed these, along with the Odyssey software. Note: There is zero visible difference in these titles. They still have small GUIs, and no new presets that I could see. According to the video on the Korg site, those may be coming some day?? Who knows..
3.5 I had to create a new Korg userid / password for the id.korg.com site.
4. After installing the 'updated' Legacy collection, when I launched them -- they prompted me for an upgrade code. That was in the email from Korg that I had received in step #3 above. I copy / pasted.. and everything worked..

I had issues with my browser... but had launched the old versions of software, which took me to the screen for entering in the emailed code. That didn't work.. So after installing the updated titles, I took the URL and pasted that into a Safari browser session... but suspect that had nothing to do with getting things working. You need to get the email back from Korg with the links for installing the updates. That has to happen first.

So .. if you're not updating to pick up Odyssey (which for $50... I would do again in a heartbeat -- it's very nice, imo) -- then you may as well sit tight until Korg gets back into the offices. There is no difference in the GUI or functionality of the existing Legacy Collection, for existing users. OTOH.. Odyssey is well worth the upgrade.

Apologies... as I probably left out something important I had done... but wasn't really tracking what I did. Also --- Today (2 days later)... I was able to install the titles on my Macbook laptop, and get things running following these same steps.

hth -

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays . . .
Old 25th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Seemingly the codes are showing as used or something like that with people retrying again and again, I've had a similar problem with one code, best just to save the plugin and code to a text file for now until korg fixes the site, its a right balls up ATM.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Ha Dave. I think I was lucky, in getting my upgrade before the korg servers got wonked..
Here is what I did... Friday afternoon. . .

1. Went to Korg User NET site. On the menus on the right hand side are two bolded options. UPGRADE COUPON and MIGRATION COUPON.
If you don't have these... then the site / data is borked, and you will probably need to wait until their support gets into the offices.
2. I followed the directions in the UPGRADE COUPON link, and purchased the $50 ARP Odyssey package. Used Paypal. Again though.. if you don't have the option for an upgrade coupon, you're stopped.. Sorry for that!
3. Korg sent me an email with links to download the KORG Legacy Collection. I installed these, along with the Odyssey software. Note: There is zero visible difference in these titles. They still have small GUIs, and no new presets that I could see. According to the video on the Korg site, those may be coming some day?? Who knows..
3.5 I had to create a new Korg userid / password for the id.korg.com site.
4. After installing the 'updated' Legacy collection, when I launched them -- they prompted me for an upgrade code. That was in the email from Korg that I had received in step #3 above. I copy / pasted.. and everything worked..

I had issues with my browser... but had launched the old versions of software, which took me to the screen for entering in the emailed code. That didn't work.. So after installing the updated titles, I took the URL and pasted that into a Safari browser session... but suspect that had nothing to do with getting things working. You need to get the email back from Korg with the links for installing the updates. That has to happen first.

So .. if you're not updating to pick up Odyssey (which for $50... I would do again in a heartbeat -- it's very nice, imo) -- then you may as well sit tight until Korg gets back into the offices. There is no difference in the GUI or functionality of the existing Legacy Collection, for existing users. OTOH.. Odyssey is well worth the upgrade.

Apologies... as I probably left out something important I had done... but wasn't really tracking what I did. Also --- Today (2 days later)... I was able to install the titles on my Macbook laptop, and get things running following these same steps.

hth -

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays . . .
Thanks so much. PM me with your email address
and I’ll PayPal you the $25.

Dave
Old 25th December 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
That’s a generous offer Dave.. but no. Hope you got things squared away. Happy holidays. Joe
Old 25th December 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
"With Korg’s original Component Modeling Technology (CMT), the KORG Legacy Collection doesn’t just simulate the output sound as is the case with typical modeling. Rather it digitizes the components used in the original hardware synthesizers and uses this reconstruction of the hardware circuits to emulate all the nuances of the original instruments. The new software addition to this release, the ARP ODYSSEY, was based on the ARP Odyssey introduced by Korg in 2015 with the advisory assistance of ARP Instruments’ co-founder in the 1970s and Odyssey designer, David Friend. Now you too can experience the authentic sound of the ARP ODYSSEY, part of the updated KORG Collection."

Anyone tried the new Odyssey?

Edit: Ok it seems they added this new CMT technology also in the older emulations, they should sound better i guess. Will try those soon.

Last edited by hal_9k; 25th December 2017 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: update
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
How does the Oddy sound - Anyone got both to compare it to…?
I have the Karp module and the Odyssei iPad version. The iKarp is the only app I've regretted purchasing. Kinda meh next to the hardware version of, my guess is it's the same plugin as the VST. It does get great reviews on the iPad circuit I would guess if you don't have the hardware the same would go for the VST version. I really like the iWavestation though. Though if I had a Wavestation who can say I might feel the same way?
Old 25th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I wonder if it will be better than Oddity.
Old 26th December 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
All working now. Managed to migrate my current products and purchase the Odyssey. Only just started evaluating the Odyssey - first impressions are it's ok but I'm not blown away as yet. For perspective I wasn't blown away with some of the Roland analog emulation polys either.
Old 26th December 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by markorbit View Post
All working now. Managed to migrate my current products and purchase the Odyssey. Only just started evaluating the Odyssey - first impressions are it's ok but I'm not blown away as yet. For perspective I wasn't blown away with some of the Roland analog emulation polys either.
I wasn't really blown away initially, either. However .. after spending an hour or so, going through these Marc Doty vids: YouTube I was sold. There is a boatload of capability, that isn't immediately obvious. Learned a lot, and it's stuff that applies to the iOS version also. Definitely worth a look, for anyone who's picked up the Odyssey.

JDoo
Old 26th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
Arp odyssey it has 34 sliders and more than 20 switches, now tell me what midi keyboard can offer a pleasant experience to the user if he want to handle the Odyssey?
Novation SL mkII would be my choice. 24 knobs and sliders, 24 buttons. You can name all the controllers, and the LCD shows you their name and value. Press a button and you have a fresh page of 24 knobs and sliders and 24 buttons waiting for you to name them. Great key bed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
All the major manufacturers they should make unique midi keyboards for their best software synthesizers. For example, Korg now could produce the Arp odyssey midi keyboard controller, 1 : 1 simulation with their Vst, with split function and a step sequencer.

Imagine now you will be able to make your own sounds directly from your hardware device, which in this case is your odyssey midi keyboard, and after that to save them in your software directly from your hardware. After that you can split your keyboard in 2 midi channels playing simultaneously your melodies and bass patterns. After that you will switch your keyboard in channels 3 and 4 playing your pads/melodies or whatever you want and so on. Obviously you can achieve most of these functions with your typical midi keyboard, let’s say that you have the Alesis VI 49, but having the real odyssey workflow in front of you is a different feeling. And the tactile experience will be the same as using the real thing! And you don’t have to watch at your computer screen.

What price should have a midi keyboard like that? I don’t know 299 $ I think is a reasonable price, plus the software 70 $, so in total 369 $.
Good idea, but Korg tried this in 2004 with the MS-20 software and the MS-20ic USB controller. They didn't sell enough of them, even after they reduced the price of the controller and the software.

I got a second-hand MS-20ic to control the MS-20 iPad app when it came out in 2013. Loved it so much that I bought the VSTi. It's nice to edit on a dedicated controller, and I wished there were more of them. But companies don't think enough people would buy them, otherwise there would be tons of them for sale today.

There are people who make dedicated controllers by hand, but they are not cheap. Here is one guy who made several beautiful controllers for his synths, but he does not usually sell them.

Maybe when 3D printers become widely available someone will create and sell the blueprints for making customized controllers. Till then, something like Novation SL mkII does a good job, in my experience.
Old 26th December 2017
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
So are these VST 2 or 3..?
📝 Reply