The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What’s the deal with uploading pics to this forum?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

What’s the deal with uploading pics to this forum?

My synth pics are upside down. Every pic I upload to the forum from my iPhone is upside down. It would be nice if they built a rotate picture function into the uploader.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

you've got your phones rotation on upside down by the sounds of it..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

While we’re at it; why do I keep having to log in over and over when on Mobil? I log in, go to post something, get prompted to log in again. Then when I want to post again 1 minute later, have to log in again. It’s been like this forever.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Have you tried standing on your head when you upload?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
you've got your phones rotation on upside down by the sounds of it..
I don't think so. When I upload to any other site or app all is good.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I'll be the first to admit that I have pretty much zero computer skills and I have wanted to bring this up for a while now. Can anyone tell me the simple steps to put a photo in a post ? Do I need to have it as a computer file and not off of a website ? I am at a loss and would appreciate the steps involved in having a photo go from computer to post.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Phones tend to take pictures upside down but then use EXIF data to say what the correct rotation should be. So it'll be an upside down picture with "rotate me 180deg" embedded into the metadata.. probably the forum software doesn't support this metadata so it just sees the raw image in its original orientation.
Old 6 days ago
Typically if I want to share a photo here, I upload to some other photo sharing site like Flikr, Google photo, or instagram, then hit the share photo option and copy the link, posting it here. It makes it easy to downsize the photo too so your post isn’t some gargantuan photo that slows down the entire website with a huge image file.

I feel like this is explained in a sticky at the top of the forum.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post
Typically if I want to share a photo here, I upload to some other photo sharing site like Flikr, Google photo, or instagram, then hit the share photo option and copy the link, posting it here. It makes it easy to downsize the photo too so your post isn’t some gargantuan photo that slows down the entire website with a huge image file.

I feel like this is explained in a sticky at the top of the forum.
Thanks, missed that sticky. I'm not registered with any of those sites, so I'll either use a youtube reference or leave it alone.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Phones tend to take pictures upside down but then use EXIF data to say what the correct rotation should be. So it'll be an upside down picture with "rotate me 180deg" embedded into the metadata.. probably the forum software doesn't support this metadata so it just sees the raw image in its original orientation.
Even if I rotate the picture upside down on my phone it doesn't change the orientation on upload.

moderators - there must be some plugin that adds picture rotation to the forum...?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlisquat View Post
Thanks, missed that sticky. I'm not registered with any of those sites, so I'll either use a youtube reference or leave it alone.
you can put up pics direct from your computer, it's piss easy, simply use the "Go advanced" button at bottom of screen near where you submit post and look for the paper clip icon, click that and drag n drop your image into the box..takes all of 2 seconds..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Even if I rotate the picture upside down on my phone it doesn't change the orientation on upload.
When you do that on your phone all you are doing is changing the rotation amount in the metadata, the phone leaves the original file untouched..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search