The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Arturia V-Collection 6
Old 7th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
I "had" to choose between this and Zebra2 . . .
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but u-he's Zebra is my favorite plug-in, and the only one I play regularly (other than my solo cello libraries). Hopefully you can still pick up a copy someday.
Old 7th December 2018
Lives for gear

It would such dog poop if they were to release a new VST and not include it in V6 for the people that literally just upgraded.
Old 7th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
It would such dog poop if they were to release a new VST and not include it in V6 for the people that literally just upgraded.
yeah, that sounds like it would be a great idea for them. just give it away.

Old 7th December 2018
Lives for gear

You know they are working on V7 right as we speak. Question is, is it coming in a month or another year or when? And when it does come out, will there be anything in it exciting enough to entice buy in immediately? I'm happy with my V6 as is, for the moment, but I've just begun to explore. With 20+ synths, it's already a huge endeavor, tantamount to exploring a continent.
Old 7th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddskins View Post
7) In the past few days I have not delved into the DX7 except to play some presets and they are really good. I do not understand FM synthesis even though I have tried several times over the years to get my head around it, but Arturia has made their DX7 more powerful than the original with additional enhancements, so I doubt anybody who really loves FM and the original DX7 will gripe.
Just to pipe in (again) . I owned an original DX-7 for more than 25 years. I used it off-and-on again. I finally sold it a few years ago.. as the battery had finally given out, and I hadn't pulled it out of the anvil case I kept it in.. for a long while. Anyway - I *never* really understood FM synthesis, programmed the FX-7, nor really tried. It was a preset machine. I do love the sound of FM synthesis. It doesn't hurt, that a member of my family is good friends with Dr. Chowning (very true story!). To the Arturia DX... I am completely blown away by it. The sounds are true to the original. The programmability is off-the-charts. The only drawback ... is I have been going through a vid tutorial series (the Tyler Coffin -> Groove3 series is excellent!) and it has taken me away from spending much time on the rest of the V Collection 6, which I picked up recently. So, I guess that's my only gripe.
Old 7th December 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoo View Post
Just to pipe in (again) . I owned an original DX-7 for more than 25 years. I used it off-and-on again. I finally sold it a few years ago.. as the battery had finally given out, and I hadn't pulled it out of the anvil case I kept it in.. for a long while. Anyway - I *never* really understood FM synthesis, programmed the FX-7, nor really tried. It was a preset machine. I do love the sound of FM synthesis. It doesn't hurt, that a member of my family is good friends with Dr. Chowning (very true story!). To the Arturia DX... I am completely blown away by it. The sounds are true to the original. The programmability is off-the-charts. The only drawback ... is I have been going through a vid tutorial series (the Tyler Coffin -> Groove3 series is excellent!) and it has taken me away from spending much time on the rest of the V Collection 6, which I picked up recently. So, I guess that's my only gripe.
Yeah Arturia's DX7 looks and sounds great. Looking forward to getting stuck into it. By all accounts programming an original DX7 was like performing keyhole surgery through an actual keyhole. As an aside... Brian Eno is one of the few that mastered it. I didn't realise for years that some of the most beautiful sounds were sculpted on one of his many DX7s. For example the main sound from An Ending (Ascent).
I managed to get it loaded into Dexed a few years ago......
Old 8th December 2018
Lives for gear

Finally got to spend some time with the CMI. It was a religious experience, like praying at the altar of the early 80s.

Even if this was all I got with the package, I'd still be thrilled. But I also now have a Farfisa and a Vox Continental. I'm now torn.

What does a fusion of 60s psychedelia and 80s dance pop sound like?
Old 8th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Finally got to spend some time with the CMI. It was a religious experience, like praying at the altar of the early 80s . . .
Glad to hear you feel like you got your money's worth with the CMI emu! (Kinda like how I feel about the ARP2600). Gotta try spending more time with the CMI, tho . . .

As soon as I finish re-racking all my gear, I'll be able to turn on my all-in-one touchscreen Dell PC on again (where I host my PC VSTs), and start playing with my V-Collection instruments again. I just haven't figured out a good way to send the output of my Dell to Logic in my iMac. I have a Komplete Audio 6 interface with S/PDIF I/O, but it needs an external frequency-clock to work (my V-Synth GT can supply this, but I don't know how to get my PC to supply a clock).
Old 8th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Finally got to spend some time with the CMI. It was a religious experience, like praying at the altar of the early 80s.

Even if this was all I got with the package, I'd still be thrilled. But I also now have a Farfisa and a Vox Continental. I'm now torn.

XTC
Old 8th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:

maybe a lil something like this?

Old 8th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorSouthshire View Post
XTC
After I wrote that, I immediately thought of Doctor and the Medics Spirit in the Sky. There was a dance remix.
Old 24th December 2018
Gear Addict

I asked on the Arturia website and it seems my question is being ignored. Perhaps the answer is not to anybody's liking and that's why?

QUESTION: Do the Arturia Collection V plugins, and also Pigments, take advantage of multi-core CPU? And if so, up to how many cores can their software take advantage of?

Anybody know for sure?
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I asked on the Arturia website and it seems my question is being ignored. Perhaps the answer is not to anybody's liking and that's why?

QUESTION: Do the Arturia Collection V plugins, and also Pigments, take advantage of multi-core CPU? And if so, up to how many cores can their software take advantage of?

Anybody know for sure?
Probably no one knows for sure.

Are you having a particular issue? Mine, so far are running ok.
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Addict

No, just curious.
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Anybody know for sure?
I know that at least the piano does. I haven't looked at all the synths yet in that regards. However, CPU usage is so low per instance, it's not really necessary. (5-10% vs 10-50% for Diva on Draft mode).

I actually had to turn it off as it conflicted with my DAW's core management.
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear

Looking on their site, Analog Lab requires multiple cores. So I assume that means using the VST's from within Analog Lab is utilizing multiple cores.

But quite frankly, I think it should be easy to test. Just launch a activity meter and launch a VST and load a very heavy preset and watch the activity meter. You should be able to see if its using just one or multiple cores.
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
Looking on their site, Analog Lab requires multiple cores. So I assume that means using the VST's from within Analog Lab is utilizing multiple cores.

But quite frankly, I think it should be easy to test. Just launch a activity meter and launch a VST and load a very heavy preset and watch the activity meter. You should be able to see if its using just one or multiple cores.
At least for me, my meters sporadically "spike" even during the opening of a web browser or any application. So the same thing happens when I open any of the Arturia programs. And when I play one, it seems to draw "mostly" from one core and I don't know how I could load it up, as you suggest. Do you mean add multiples of modulations to see how it handles that? I guess I could try that.
Old 6th January 2019
Here for the gear

V Collection

Made this track mostly with the new V Collection:
YouTube
Any feedback welcome!
Cheers
Old 6th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysknees View Post
YouTube
Any feedback welcome!
Cheers
The vocals are good. I wish they had a little more presence in the track. Bring it in the front more. It’s something I’ve never heard of, but this will grow on me. I can’t point my finger on what 80s Brit pop this sounds like but it has a catchiness to it. Maybe human league.
Old 7th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysknees View Post
YouTube
Any feedback welcome!
Cheers
pretty cool tune. i really like the vocal arrangements. as far as feedback, my own neophyte opinion, you could probably tone down the effects use. its easy to get carried away with synth and effects. quite frankly, the strength of the song lies within the vocals and lyrical content not the v-collection.
Old 4 weeks ago
I was prompted to upgrade my V Collection today, but the install failed and all my VSTs went into Demo mode. I checked the Arturia Software Center and pressed the Activate button, and my number of activations has been reduced from 4 to 3. I haven't changed anything on my PC - this is the same PC I originally installed V Collection on. Does anyone know how I can get that activation back to 4? I visited the Arturia forum but even when logged in, there are no buttons to create new threads, or the ability to do so is extremely well hidden! It's absolutely ridiculous how you have to go through 22 individual installers every time this product is updated. I'll never buy any Arturia products ever again.
Old 4 weeks ago
Call their customer service and they can reset all 5 activations for you, Ive done it before
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc_uk View Post
I was prompted to upgrade my V Collection today, but the install failed and all my VSTs went into Demo mode. I checked the Arturia Software Center and pressed the Activate button, and my number of activations has been reduced from 4 to 3. I haven't changed anything on my PC - this is the same PC I originally installed V Collection on. Does anyone know how I can get that activation back to 4? I visited the Arturia forum but even when logged in, there are no buttons to create new threads, or the ability to do so is extremely well hidden! It's absolutely ridiculous how you have to go through 22 individual installers every time this product is updated. I'll never buy any Arturia products ever again.
Don't say that. You know it couldn't be otherwise.

Sometimes only 1 or 2 of the plugins get updated (which we are happy about) and it only updates the synths that have updates available, which you choose when to do so via the ASC. And if all the DIFFERENT synth plugins need updating, can you envision how it would be performed otherwise?

If they make changes (improvements) to all the synth plugins you own, what do you expect?

I'm speaking kindly. Not trying to irk you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don't say that. You know it couldn't be otherwise.

Sometimes only 1 or 2 of the plugins get updated (which we are happy about) and it only updates the synths that have updates available, which you choose when to do so via the ASC. And if all the DIFFERENT synth plugins need updating, can you envision how it would be performed otherwise?

If they make changes (improvements) to all the synth plugins you own, what do you expect?

I'm speaking kindly. Not trying to irk you.
I think the problem is not having an "update manager" similar to Native Instruments or Toontrack. With them, when you update several plugins, it's a one step process; clicking something like "Update All", that updates all the necessary plugins.

Without such an application, we're required to update each plugin separately. It's not the best process IMO.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
I think the problem is not having an "update manager" similar to Native Instruments or Toontrack. With them, when you update several plugins, it's a one step process; clicking something like "Update All", that updates all the necessary plugins.

Without such an application, we're required to update each plugin separately. It's not the best process IMO.
Arturia does have an update manager. It's called "Arturia Software Center". Allows you to update all plugins at the click of a button.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Arturia does have an update manager. It's called "Arturia Software Center". Allows you to update all plugins at the click of a button.
yup, installs and updates....wasnt quite sure what I was reading. Works the same as NI, Softube etc
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Hopefully I used it and forgot.

I may be thinking about FabFilter that was a pain to update.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Arturia's updater is pretty slick.

Just let it do its thing in the background while you move on to something else.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
Arturia's updater is pretty slick.

Just let it do its thing in the background while you move on to something else.
I just wish it would delete its damn download folder when it's done. So annoying.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just wish it would delete its damn download folder when it's done. So annoying.
Underneath the 'home' tab, there's one that looks like a set of gears.

Click on that, and then check the box that says "Delete installer after successful install".
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search