The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Keyboard stands by Stay Music - Anyone use one? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear

I finally found a decent keyboard stand

I am sick of the crap X-style keyboard stand that I am using and just discovered some great looking stands by Stay Music. They are twice as expensive as the cheap X-style ones. but look very sturdy and worth it. I need 3 tier and my X-style one feels like it will topple over. Anyone here using Stay Music stands and are happy campers?
Attached Thumbnails
Keyboard stands by Stay Music - Anyone use one?-stay.jpg  

Last edited by Quantum7; 26th October 2017 at 12:55 AM..
Old 12th October 2017
Gear Guru

Old 12th October 2017
Gear Maniac
I really like my "on stage stands" one. I think it's their top of the line.

It's two tier and more of what I'd call a "z fold".

I can really load that one up with out it being even slightly unstable and it was cheap.
Old 12th October 2017
The Ed Diaz triple stand would look grand in your studio.

Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear

big fan of Stand-tastic stuff myself. i have a 4 shelf model and a few Ultimate stands as well.
Old 18th October 2017
Here for the gear

I'm with you! I saw these last week and already ordered two! I got the two tier piano version last week and it's great for the studio but not tall enough to stand at with two keyboards. If you sit, it's pretty nice!

I just got the two tier tower stand (not the slim one). It seems pretty nice. Placed two keyboards on it and seems like the positioning will be good. Because it's bent back so far, it seems like the foot pedals will fit...I'm sure easy enough if you only have one or two but I have some midi pedals too.

Haven't used either of these live yet. Will be using the tower stand tomorrow night with my live rig so I'll know more after that.

So far, the build quality seems nice. They seem sturdy, Note that the piano stand seems to lean a bit forward but after taking the bottom keyboard off and just having the top one mounted (a matrix brute so it was heavy!), the stand still seemed to be perfectly stable.

You do have to attach and detach the legs and arms when traveling, but it seems super easy to do. The attachments are all metal so they look to be strong. It seems like all attachment points are all metal to metal.

They look really nice. I got the blue stands. I'm kind of afraid that they will scratch easy though. The piano stand already has a ding in it but it's staying in the studio so it's ok.

The carrying bag looks to be well made. We'll see how it holds up after a few gigs though.

I am using the bulky K&M Spider stands on stage now. They're nice, but heavy and a bit quirky around the legs. I've used Ultimate Support and Quik-lok stands, on-stage, and a few others. So far, these seem to be a very stable, refreshingly new stand. At this point, I would probably recommend them, but I would really want to see how they hold up live before I put my stamp on them.
Old 18th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
The Ed Diaz triple stand would look grand in your studio.

What a coincidence- I just found that video on YT last night. Awesome stand, but $800 - Yikes! I think that the Stay Music Tower 3 tier stand will be the answer for me until I build a new custom u-shaped studio desk, hopefully sometime next year. http://www.zzounds.com/item--STY130003?siid=228570
Old 18th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
What a coincidence- I just found that video on YT last night. Awesome stand, but $800 - Yikes! I think that the Stay Music Tower 3 tier stand will be the answer for me until I build a new custom u-shaped studio desk, hopefully sometime next year. Stay Music Tower Three-Tier Keyboard Stand, Silver
Where did you see it listed for $800.
Old 18th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Where did you see it listed for $800.
Well, during yet another night of insomnia I was all over the Web and I cannot recall where now. I started from the YT video and then wound up looking at numerous other videos and websites pertaining to that exact 3 tier setup and read somewhere that it cost $800...again, to build that exact configuration. It sounded reasonable, for it seems like an incredibly durable stand. Hopefully I read incorrectly though, as I would be tempted if I could find it for cheaper.
Old 18th October 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Well, during yet another night of insomnia I was all over the Web and I cannot recall where now. I started from the YT video and then wound up looking at numerous other videos and websites pertaining to that exact 3 tier setup and read somewhere that it cost $800...again, to build that exact configuration. It sounded reasonable, for it seems like an incredibly durable stand. Hopefully I read incorrectly though, as I would be tempted if I could find it for cheaper.
I've build a very similar one myself.

Yes it is VERY strudy. I have a v-piano (bottom), modal 002 (middle) and a fantom x-76 (top tier) on it...

Yes it is VERY expensive as it is custom built and you basically have to buy it by pieces or have it done by someone else. The good thing is that you don't need to cut any tubes as they are available in different length.

Here is what you need:

A minimum of 14 gibraltar clamps @ 35$ each. Total $490.00 (approx)
(Ed Diaz have an extra one for his laptop attachment)
9 tubes of different length @ 20.00 each. Total $180.00 (approx)
2 "electronic mounting clamp (pair) @ 55.00 each. Total 110.00 (approx)
Some rubber foot and misc: Total $60.00 (approx)

Grand total: $840.00 (roughly)

It's a bit cheaper if you go with black clamps instead of chrome, maybe you can save up to $100.00 this way. You may also find some deals on e-Bay but I've noticed that the price went up quite a bit since I've built mine.

If you want to do this I can help with parts number and tubing length.

LA
Old 18th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Keys View Post

Yes it is VERY strudy. I have a v-piano (bottom), modal 002 (middle) and a fantom x-76 (top tier) on it...

Yes it is VERY expensive as it is custom built and you basically have to buy it by pieces or have it done by someone else. The good thing is that you don't need to cut any tubes as they are available in different length.

Here is what you need:

It's a bit cheaper if you go with black clamps instead of chrome, maybe you can save up to $100.00 this way. You may also find some deals on e-Bay but I've noticed that the price went up quite a bit since I've built mine.

LA
Thank you for confirming what I read last night while in my insomnia state.
Old 19th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Keys View Post

Here is what you need:

LA
I think that's the way to go to buy them directly from Gibraltar. I had priced the setup via Sweetwater a few years ago and the total was slightly over $1,200.

I'm saying NO to Sweetwater on this one!
Old 26th October 2017
Lives for gear

I decided to go with 2 K&M Spider Pro Double-Tier Keyboard Stands. Fantastic stands IMO. The arm supports telescopically come out very far if needed and the top tier is angled at 15%. They even have room to add an optional 3rd tier.....room for even more synth goodness one day.

Old 26th October 2017
Gear Nut
Sweet (too clean) setup Quantum7. Really like the look . . . but how do you get anything done, when everything is so orderly.
Attached Thumbnails
Keyboard stands by Stay Music - Anyone use one?-img_4605.jpg  
Old 26th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoo View Post
Sweet (too clean) setup Quantum7. Really like the look . . . but how do you get anything done, when everything is so orderly.
Thanks! I only clean it for the photos. Also, photoshop’s spot-healing tool is a god-send for erasing studio litter. . Seriously though, my mother kept a very clean home when I was growing up, and I was in the military- I guess it was destiny for me to like cleanliness.
Old 26th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
I decided to go with 2 K&M Spider Pro Double-Tier Keyboard Stands. Fantastic stands IMO. The arm supports telescopically come out very far if needed and the top tier is angled at 15%. They even have room to add an optional 3rd tier.....room for even more synth goodness one day.

Modal's on the left, DSI's on the right, stuck in the middle is Q?
Old 26th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Modal's on the left, DSI's on the right, stuck in the middle is Q?
Now I have those lyrics stuck in my head,

“Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with you”

A Kronos 88 key is in the middle.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search