The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yamaha TG77 - woah!
Old 2nd March 2020
Here for the gear
I’ve got a tg77 on the way. Just read through the thread in one sitting and am pretty excited to get my stupid little fingers on it. How tedious is the sysex uploading?
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

It's totally fine when uploading a single sound from an editor, I'd estimate less than a second. Parameter changes are instant.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
Anyone know of any good resources on this, either for learning to programme it or a source of patches to use & modify?
I've had a TG77 for years. Never got to make the cool sounds I've heard frmo other folks with it. Looks like it's time to boot it up, and see what I can do this time!

Good luck @ Bulletproof ! There's nothing more exciting to be excited over a synth :-)
Old 3rd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by graverubber View Post
I’ve got a tg77 on the way. Just read through the thread in one sitting and am pretty excited to get my stupid little fingers on it. How tedious is the sysex uploading?
Get an iPad and an App called Patchbase. Fantastic Editor and Librarian.
Old 3rd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Get an iPad and an App called Patchbase. Fantastic Editor and Librarian.
Or SY manager for PC
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Just replaced the screen on another TG77. I did my other one a year or so ago. Decided to do my other one. Got the kit from Reverb. No soldering involved all you need is a screwdriver.

The only confusing part is the orignal screen has a hot and cold power lead running to it that is not needed on the new one. All you do is pop off the old ribbon cable and pop on the new one

Took me about 15 minutes. Then had to disassemble the whole thing and remove the cat hair that was stuck between the new display and the clear plastic shell on the front case
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha TG77 - woah!-20200630_182358.jpg   Yamaha TG77 - woah!-20200630_184939.jpg  
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear