The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Maniac
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus

I have seen this floating around the internet the last few days, looks like tc electronics (behringer) are gonna maybe make the Juno 106 chorus into an effects pedal. i for one would be excited about this...

Source: Preview: June-60 Chorus by TC Electronic — Pedals and Effects
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

That's cool - I guess.

Before being eaten by that sad Behringer company I think they wouldn't have made a total copy like that, TC has always made their own stuff.

My first pedal was TC, the boost/distortion. Fond memories and a certain local pride came with it, knowing it was more or less a local product, made in Denmark. Real jobs, and people paid for quality. So, anyways, **** you Behringer, go **** yourself, dude please!

Having said that, I'm sure it'll sound good, albeit I doubt that TC quality is what it used to be now that Mr. China is in control. Though I guess I'd add knobs.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Yeah, if if wasn't fully clear who bought TC, now it is.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Hope they make it noisy.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Since there's no kind of manual controls I'd only buy it if it were super cheap
Old 4th October 2017
TNC
Lives for gear

Behringer bought TC Electronic too? Okay, good to know.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Guru

Nice, but the livery is really on the nose. If Rebirth rattled Roland's chains, then this is akin to kicking the doors in.

I'd like to see a Solina Ensemble pedal next. Buy the Elkorus design and cram it in a smaller box if possible.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Wasn't there a release like this from a boutique company before?
I seem to remember it was discontinued.

EDIT:
It was a filter:
https://www.junodownload.com/plus/20...6-juno-filter/

I found this pedal for 230 Euro:
http://effectivywonder.com/?product=juno-chorus
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Guru

what's with all the politics, it's just a friggin guitar pedal..?? a pedal that does one effect.. of course it will be popular, and synth heads will lap it up.
Old 4th October 2017
Uli already mentioned it in another thread. id hope for stereo in and outs...most TC pedals have them.

Not buying TC because behringe bought them brings oit the lolz, great pedals, love them, couldnt care who owns them.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

It actually looks a lot nicer than I was expecting.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
what's with all the politics, it's just a friggin guitar pedal..?? a pedal that does one effect.. of course it will be popular, and synth heads will lap it up.
Keep rocking that nihilism!

Point being, if you try to sweep everything under the rug and talk everything away, then you are doing politics just as well. And people can see through it..

Last edited by GeorgeHayduke; 4th October 2017 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: I can be such a dick when I'm annoyed, sorry.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Uli already mentioned it in another thread. id hope for stereo in and outs...most TC pedals have them.

Not buying TC because behringe bought them brings oit the lolz, great pedals, love them, couldnt care who owns them.
Until 2 years ago I lived about 15 minutes away from TC. I grew up with TC as a major player in the local music scene. So, it matters to me.
< keep the personal stuff out please? > I think it's kinda sad tbh.

Anyways, I've said my part about TC coming out with a classic B-styled ripoff made in China instead of their usual original designs, I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Reptil; 8th October 2017 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: -
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

I'd have expected a stereo in/out for synths.
My best analog chorus pedals have at least stereo out (cs550, tc scf...) even if mono input is a pain when in your synth patch you take time to pan voices in a dynamic way...
Old 4th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Until 2 years ago I lived about 15 minutes away from TC. I grew up with TC as a major player in the local music scene. So, it matters to me.

Honestly, does it make you feel like a real man to just not give a ****? That's kinda the feeling I get. I think it's kinda sad tbh.

Anyways, I've said my part about TC coming out with a classic B-styled ripoff made in China instead of their usual original designs, I'll leave it at that.
Yeah it makes me feel like a man, that and my chromazomes.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Keep rocking that nihilism! No really, you strike me as someone with not too many values, huh? That's your life, that's fine. But what isn't cool is the way you try to talk over issues, I think value issues make you genuinely uncomfortable, the same way it made you very uncomfortable when people asked about your deal with Behringer. The best thing you could have done was to lay all the cards on the table immediatly, instead you were very offended and mad that people asked about it.

If you work for TV (I think I read that), please be aware that your integrity and neutrality is a key issue to the audience. As it should be, and you should know that intuitively! So, I was QUITE surprised when you reacted like you did to people's innocent q's about your affiliation with Mr. China. If you get offended when people desire transparency, you really have a lot to learn yet, believe me.

And finally, if you try to sweep everything under the rug and talk everything away, then YOU are the one doing politics. That's just a fact. And people can see through it..
off your rocker much..?? affiliation..??? whatever dude..
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

June -> LOL
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

That link just says it's Modeled after the Juno Chorus, so it could be digital not analog

There is a Digital Juno Chorus in the Behringer X Series mixer, this could just be a port of that into a guitar pedal, if so it will sound very good
Old 4th October 2017
Deleted User
you could always buy one of these instead from TC. If you don't like those cheap Roland knock-offs.
oh! wait the TC M100 is really Behringer's FEX-800 in a better looking enclosure!!

Old 4th October 2017
Here for the gear

Hey guys,

Being the head of all things pedals at TC (and a long time lurker here at Gearslutz), I just wanted to chime in here.

First of all I'm really glad you guys like the pedal. The response we've gotten so far has been overwhelming and quite frankly a bit surprising considering it's "just" a chorus pedal.

Secondly I do feel the need to address a few of the things said about TC Electronic being purchased by Behringer (although technically it's Music Group, but let's not split hairs here).

Yes - we are now owned by another company - one that I know has a tendency to cause heated discussions on certain forums. But the TC I go to work at every day is still very much its own company and the products we choose to do is in no way dictated by anybody else. In fact the only radical difference is the fact that the engineering department is now almost doubled compared to what it was before. This enables us to make far more products than ever before as well as take on more risky and research-heavy projects... projects we most definitely would have never had the resources to do "in the old days".

Products like our new MASH-enabled pedals as well as some incredibly exciting new projects we're currently working on in both the studio and guitar departments (that I unfortunately can't tell you guys about yet), would have never seen the light of day, had it not been for the massive investments from Music Group and Uli Behringer.

As someone who has spent 15 years working here and pretty much live and breathe TC guitar effects every day, I can honestly say that I personally am truly excited about all the incredible possibilities we have suddenly gotten to being able realise even the most challenging and innovative ideas we've come up with over the years and that we will strive to turn them into equally amazing products for you guys.

Cheers,
Tore
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tore @ TC View Post
..In fact the only radical difference is the fact that the engineering department is now almost doubled compared to what it was before. ..

Cheers,
Tore
Thanks for popping by, I've always enjoyed your demos.

I'm very happy to hear you coud expand your engineering staff (in Risskov?)! Does it make up for the loss of jobs in production?
Old 4th October 2017
Stereo Tore, please
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey guys,

Being the head of all things pedals at TC (and a long time lurker here at Gearslutz), I just wanted to chime in here.

First of all I'm really glad you guys like the pedal. The response we've gotten so far has been overwhelming and quite frankly a bit surprising considering it's "just" a chorus pedal.

Secondly I do feel the need to address a few of the things said about TC Electronic being purchased by Behringer (although technically it's Music Group, but let's not split hairs here).

Yes - we are now owned by another company - one that I know has a tendency to cause heated discussions on certain forums. But the TC I go to work at every day is still very much its own company and the products we choose to do is in no way dictated by anybody else. In fact the only radical difference is the fact that the engineering department is now almost doubled compared to what it was before. This enables us to make far more products than ever before as well as take on more risky and research-heavy projects... projects we most definitely would have never had the resources to do "in the old days".

Products like our new MASH-enabled pedals as well as some incredibly exciting new projects we're currently working on in both the studio and guitar departments (that I unfortunately can't tell you guys about yet), would have never seen the light of day, had it not been for the massive investments from Music Group and Uli Behringer.

As someone who has spent 15 years working here and pretty much live and breathe TC guitar effects every day, I can honestly say that I personally am truly excited about all the incredible possibilities we have suddenly gotten to being able realise even the most challenging and innovative ideas we've come up with over the years and that we will strive to turn them into equally amazing products for you guys.

Cheers,
Tore
So is it analog or modeled?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Another question:

You've always seemed to be succesful focusing on your own designs. Will we see you expand more into general production of other designs too, like here where your pedal is flying Roland colours? And if so, is this because of a change in philosophy since being bought up?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tore
Thanks for your input, if this is not based on the Dimension D/Juno Chorus in the X-Series mixers, or even if it is, I would humbly suggest making stand alone pedals or rack units based on the X series effects, there are just to many awesome things in there to not do it

The Moog Filter, the other choruses, the amazing Reverbs and Delays

You could even come up with an X-Print pedal that like your Tone Print pedals could be loaded up with different effects

Anyway just a suggestion, thanks again for dropping by, it's refreshing to see product people from manufacturers drop by and talk to end users.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Keep rocking that nihilism! No really, you strike me as someone with not too many values, huh? That's your life, that's fine. But what isn't cool is the way you try to talk over issues, I think value issues make you genuinely uncomfortable, the same way it made you very uncomfortable when people asked about your deal with Behringer. The best thing you could have done was to lay all the cards on the table immediatly, instead you were very offended and mad that people asked about it.

If you work for TV (I think I read that), please be aware that your integrity and neutrality is a key issue to the audience. As it should be, and you should know that intuitively! So, I was QUITE surprised when you reacted like you did to people's innocent q's about your affiliation with Mr. China. If you get offended when people desire transparency, you really have a lot to learn yet, believe me.

And finally, if you try to sweep everything under the rug and talk everything away, then YOU are the one doing politics. That's just a fact. And people can see through it..
Honestly everyone needs to get over all the Behringer Butt-Hurt. It's 2017, Korg has a complete DX7 synth engine in several products, Roland just came out with a Mini-Moog inspired synth.

We all want vintage sounding gear at affordable prices, why can't we just be happy with it when it comes to market no matter who makes it
Old 4th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks for popping by, I've always enjoyed your demos.

I'm very happy to hear you coud expand your engineering staff (in Risskov?)! Does it make up for the loss of jobs in production?
Thanks for kind words about my demo "skills".

Yes - the engineers we've hired are all at our HQ in Risskov and we are way more people today than we were when TC got bought. In fact a brand spanking new building is currently in the works. The land has been bought and the architects are working full time... it's gonna be pretty darn cool once it's done.
Old 4th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Thanks for your input, if this is not based on the Dimension D/Juno Chorus in the X-Series mixers, or even if it is, I would humbly suggest making stand alone pedals or rack units based on the X series effects, there are just to many awesome things in there to not do it

The Moog Filter, the other choruses, the amazing Reverbs and Delays

You could even come up with an X-Print pedal that like your Tone Print pedals could be loaded up with different effects

Anyway just a suggestion, thanks again for dropping by, it's refreshing to see product people from manufacturers drop by and talk to end users.
Thanks for all the cool suggestions!

The pedal is based on the original analog schematic from the Juno 60 and is 100% analog.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

The pedal is based on the original analog schematic from the Juno 60 and is 100% analog.
So we need to put 2 units in parallel to have it in stereo
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:

Sounds promising. What BBD chips are you using? The MN3009’s used in the Juno chorus seem to be unobtainium these days.

And yes, please consider making it stereo.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search