The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus
Old 8th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
This is not a Juno chorus clone. It fails at that big time because it is incapable of expanding the stereo dimension of a mono synth signal.
So you want to say a guitar pedal made for guitars fails big time because it's incapable of doing what you want it to do for Synths and not the guitars it was made for?

Maybe there is a stereo version pedal coming for synths under the Behringer brand name?

Maybe after the Eurorack Model D, they will make a Eurorack Juno with Stereo Chorus for the synth market and this is made for guitars? Who wouldn't want a $199 or $250 Juno with a chorus?

Would synth players buy a $200 Stereo Juno Chorus pedal when for a few dollars more they could buy a whole Juno Clone?
Old 8th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
So you want to say a guitar pedal made for guitars fails big time because it's incapable of doing what you want it to do for Synths and not the guitars it was made for?

Maybe there is a stereo version pedal coming for synths under the Behringer brand name?

Maybe after the Eurorack Model D, they will make a Eurorack Juno with Stereo Chorus for the synth market and this is made for guitars? Who wouldn't want a $199 or $250 Juno with a chorus?

Would synth players buy a $200 Stereo Juno Chorus pedal when for a few dollars more they could buy a whole Juno Clone?
It fails at even doing what other guitar chorus pedals like the Boss CE-2W do. < keep it nice Bach666! last warning >

Last edited by Reptil; 8th October 2017 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: :-/
Old 8th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
It fails at even doing what other guitar chorus pedals like the Boss CE-2W do. <deleted>
We get it, you don't like it, no need to say it over and over again

Since this pedal is obviously not for you why don't you move on to other things?

I am looking forward to seeing more demos of this pedal having an all analog all mono pedal could be quite interesting and different. I already have stereo chorus pedals so this would be different

Last edited by Reptil; 8th October 2017 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: -
Old 8th October 2017
Gear Guru

It needs to be stereo out so players can choose whether to use L mono or both right and left, it just makes more sense and a lot of pedals do that.
Old 8th October 2017
Gear Maniac
When you want it to be juno like stereo, you can split the signal before and make one wet and one dry. Just like the jazz chorus .
Old 9th October 2017
Lives for gear

We don't all use chorus pedals for the same purpose.
Most guitar players have never heard about Juno synths, so I don't see how such a pedal could be attractive for them (as a guitar player, I personally don't use the same chorus pedals as on my synths... plus there is a huge offer of CE2 likes...)
As a synth player, especially for pads and sounds where stereo dynamics are involved in panning voices, you need full stereo paths.
Yes, if you are on a mono synth a mono in will be fine (unless you are programming stereo motion within your synth patch), but on high end poly synths, surely not.
Of course, for old school " classic" effect chains , you might use synth>modulation>delay>reverb and start having stereo ins on the delay.
But, hey, we are in 2017, not 1985: what is the point of staying stuck to those limitations?
What if I want to put something stereo before the chorus?
Hopefully modern players in the world of effects have understood that and propose stereo in-out.
So, unless this pedal's key characteristic is the extreme low price point, I don't see the point
And, yes, you can fake stereo by splitting your signal dry/wet, but it is nowhere as compelling as true stereo, especially for lush pads...
So I'd rather keep on using a TC SCF or a Maxon CS550 rather than this, while waiting for new Strymon, Eventide, Red Panda or Meris stereo pedals...
Old 9th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinw View Post
But, hey, we are in 2017, not 1985: what is the point of staying stuck to those limitations?
What if I want to put something stereo before the chorus?
Hopefully modern players in the world of effects have understood that and propose stereo in-out.
So, unless this pedal's key characteristic is the extreme low price point, I don't see the point
And, yes, you can fake stereo by splitting your signal dry/wet, but it is nowhere as compelling as true stereo, especially for lush pads...
So I'd rather keep on using a TC SCF or a Maxon CS550 rather than this, while waiting for new Strymon, Eventide, Red Panda or Meris stereo pedals...
Because it‘s a vintage analog BBD effect which is mono by nature unless you double the circuit. What’s not to get!
How can you even compare it to a digital Eventide or Meris algorithm, it‘s like comparing upright piano to a Minimoog synth.
As I said there are 2 ways:
1) Mono in and split dry/wet
pseudo stereo out. (I predict that‘s how they will do it, like the Moog chorus pedal and many others)
2) Dry stereo throughput and internal mono conversion for the effect (Strymon style)
Old 9th October 2017
Lives for gear

The CS550 and TC SCF are analog and have a stereo out.
As for stereo ins, my Bi-phase has indeed many ways to be operated in stereo.
Old 9th October 2017
Lives for gear

As for the digital/analog comparison: for me, as a end user, a chorus is a chorus.
I sometimes switch the CS550 for a Strymon Ola , and nobody will tell the difference in the audience.
I can tell the difference, but it is just a matter of taste. Functionality speaking, they achieve the same thing: a stereo chorus. No piano/Moog comparison!
Old 9th October 2017
Lives for gear

I guess in the end it all comes down to a question of market and competition analysis (I hope they did a serious one) and product positioning: is it going to be cheap, high end, mainstream?
Old 9th October 2017
Deleted User
I notice only the Juno 106 pops up (at the bottom of the page list) as a synth that had this chorus
(at least the mono in, stereo out variety).
But also, the JX-3P and JX-8P had this same chorus.

With any of these synths, it is fairly simple to add an external chorus input for external gear.
That way you are keeping it "old school".
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict

We like to give you a quick update on the progress of the TC June Chorus pedal we had introduced some time ago.

After listening to you, the team went back to the drawing board and redesigned the unit in accordance with your request. The chorus pedal can now work in both full stereo but also mono mode.

The team is confident to ship the product in a few months.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Uli
Attached Thumbnails
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus-img_0187.jpg  
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear
Excellent news, now it’s a must buy
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Nut

Great!!, thanks Uli!!!
Old 5th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
We like to give you a quick update on the progress of the TC June Chorus pedal we had introduced some time ago.

After listening to you, the team went back to the drawing board and redesigned the unit in accordance with your request. The chorus pedal can now work in both full stereo but also mono mode.

Uli
Yes!!!!!!!

Bravo.
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict

This is awesome! Thanks Uli
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Uli
Thanks Uli,

as always listening to the customers!

I see your job description has changed from main disrupter to tribal leader.

Regards,
Albert
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict

Looks great
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Awesome! And thanks so much for listening to the musicians here
I played a lot with my old MKS-70 recently and realized how much of a key element the Chorus is on those synths, especially for mellow warm pads. The stereo experience is essential for those sounds!
Thanks again!
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Dang, I'm not even a fan and I have to give kudos here!
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Uli
Cheers Uli - that's my 'not-buying-any-new-gear-in-2018' resolution down the pan already, and it's not even mid-January!
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Uli
Excellent news. Now please put this chorus in some of your synths.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

That design is fantastic.. faithful and classy. Looking forward to this one.
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas View Post
That design is fantastic.. faithful and classy. Looking forward to this one.
Yup. Looks very classic. Classic Roland. Maybe Roland can join the group and then we could have a 2290 in Jupiter8 colours.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear
That 808 with transient designer may yet get made...
Old 5th January 2018
I will likely get one now. Been wanting to add a nice analog chorus pedal for some time and I like the Juno chorus.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Old 5th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Yup. Looks very classic. Classic Roland. Maybe Roland can join the group and then we could have a 2290 in Jupiter8 colours.
I’m against opportunism and stealing other people’s ideas. But if Roland don’t want to give us what we really want, I applaud the people who do.

I dreamed of a Juno 60 chorus pedal many years ago! I think its a great idea.
Old 5th January 2018
Quote:

Uli
brilliant! Id have bought two of the mono's anyway lol

loving the TC range just now
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Curious... to all of the people saying things like "this is a must-buy" and "classy design"... have you actually HEARD the unit yet or do you just like the way IT LOOKS?

I have to admit, now that it's stereo, I'm intrigued
(and I do think the livery is handsome)
but I'd never seriously say something was a "must-buy" until I tried it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search