The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

If TC are aiming at the guitar market there is little reason to double the chips for stereo.
Old 4th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
If TC are aiming at the guitar market there is little reason to double the chips for stereo.
Whats next, a metal distortion pedal for pianos?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

I just preordered a blue Roland SH-01A today. This pedal would be a no-brainer addition to get truly Juno-y sounding sounds I'd think.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralwaves View Post
Its already being designed & made by Tony Allgood @ Oakley Sound: the Oakley SRE330.
yeah but every manufacturer should build one so we can choose. all that we have now is 1 or 2 really expensive ones, diy, out of production or hard to find.
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralwaves View Post
Its already being designed & made by Tony Allgood @ Oakley Sound: the Oakley SRE330.
Designed yes, made not; well, the PCBs are and if you're courageous enough and have an oscilloscope and have time and enough EE knowledge to know what you're doing you too can have one. But that's an awful lot of "ifs" there. It's sort of like saying "you too can wear haute-couture, the drawings of how you should cut the fabric are like, right there".

There are several levels of DIY, and this is too close to bare metal for me at least. I'd feel more comfortable with PCB + parts + case so it's just a matter of assembly, but I acknowledge that this is not possible for smaller mfgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
If its just a chorus pedal, then why copy the juno?
Its to gain more sales obviously and rip off that classic design which is sought after.
I dunno. Because it sounds good? Because it forms a large part of the character of the Juno? Run a Prophet 08 through it and you'll get pretty close?

Why are you taking this so seriously?
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

Yup folks, nothing has changed here. T.C. always used to make products that looked like, hold on, *are complete circuits of* other companies' classic stuff. Nothing new here. Just consume the desirable chorus already and move along.

What weird times.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matia View Post
this looks awesome but agree should be mono in stereo out ... make it so! ;-)
Stereo in and stereo out please
Many poly synths have capabilities for panning voices and modulating that panning.
Losing this by forcing the chorus input in mono would be sad
Some modern choruses (e.g. strymon Ola, even though it is not my favorite) do have stereo in/out.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Yup folks, nothing has changed here. ...

What weird times.
It's a real shame TC didn't find investments elsewhere if they had the chance, as Tore seems to suggest. Not sure they really understood the fallout either, but when you make a deal with the devil..
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
It's a real shame TC didn't find investments elsewhere if they had the chance, as Tore seems to suggest. Not sure they really understood the fallout either, but when you make a deal with the devil..
what utter tripe you carry on with..
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
what utter tripe you carry on with..
That would depend heavily on your chosen reality/worldview. And speaks to what yours is. But I am not here to argue, it's pointless.

Aaaaand back to the pretty coloured chorus.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's amazing that a company that specializes in making effects units was purchased by and is now part of a conglomerate that includes CoolAudio, a chip fabrication company that can reproduce unobtainium classic chips as well as new designs for pro audio

This partnership has also given them the financial strength to hire more Engineers and bring more products to market

The only fall out is new products and new customers
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
A deal with the devil would mean buying up TC's IP, discontinuing all the products, firing the engineers, and then offloading the empty husk of a company to someone else, so they could put the M3000 algorithms in the next Virtualizer or Xenyx desk, or even a firmware update for the X32.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Am I missing something here with all this mono talk? The Juno has a mono output that goes into the mono input of its chorus which then outputs stereo. The TC Electronics pedal appears to be mono in and stereo out as well. What's the issue here?
Old 5th October 2017
Quote:
Hyperbole much?
Old 5th October 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
What's the issue here?
George is moaning.
Old 5th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
A deal with the devil would mean buying up TC's IP, discontinuing all the products, firing the engineers, and then offloading the empty husk of a company to someone else, so they could put the M3000 algorithms in the next Virtualizer or Xenyx desk, or even a firmware update for the X32.
Thats due in the 4th quarter
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Am I missing something here with all this mono talk? The Juno has a mono output that goes into the mono input of its chorus which then outputs stereo. The TC Electronics pedal appears to be mono in and stereo out as well. What's the issue here?
A TC rep said it was mono, so..
Old 5th October 2017
Quote:
Yeah youre right, looking at the photo it looks like a mono out, but the blurb says stereo outs. I guess Id like stereo ins as this would be used with stereo out synths with the usual left/mono option. But since youve pointed that out is def more desirable
Old 5th October 2017
Quote:
A TC rep said it was mono, so..
Blurb says stereo outs, maybe Tore meant input??
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
A TC rep said it was mono, what more do you want?
This is from the link in the first post, directly under the photo:

"The June-60 Chorus is modeled after the chorus section of the vintage Roland Juno-106 synthesizer. You've heard some pretty incredible records this was used on, so hit up TC Electronic and let them know if you'd be interested if they put it out to the public. Hit em up with what you want to see, a user on my Instagram mentioned a stereo output like the original thing.Let your voice be heard!"

Mono out would not make sense for a chorus modeled after the Juno chorus. Mono in makes total sense. There are things more worth getting upset about in the world than this pedal imo.
Old 5th October 2017
Thats just a user suggestion, like we have here, not like me to be wrong twice in one post but Im back to believing its mono in and out...quite common on guitar chorus pedals
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Designed yes, made not...
Not yet. This is a brand new project. The PCBs were announced for sale just two days ago. And I'm still in the middle of writing the User Manual for it. I'll hopefully have that done early next week.

Ready made units are planned. I'm primarily a DIY seller so I get that bit done first and then I move onto the ready mades. Normally, the ready made stuff comes from Krisp1.com but I have not yet decided how to do the SRE330 and indeed the 'Mysterious Audio Plaything' synth that's coming after.

My next job, after the SRE330 User Manual is done, is to get the metalwork drawings done for the 1U case. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be looking at the first limited run in first few months of next year. I've no idea about the final price yet as that will depend on the case costs.

Tony
Old 5th October 2017
I saw Carlisle Utd v Birmingham City at Wembley back in the 90's, does this qualify for some kind of discount (I was on the Carlisle end)
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I saw Carlisle Utd v Birmingham City at Wembley back in the 90's, does this qualify for some kind of discount (I was on the Carlisle end)
Let's just say I'm not a follower of 'the beautiful game'.
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthbuilder View Post
Ready made units are planned.
This makes me very happy! I'll follow the progress closely
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Thats just a user suggestion, like we have here, not like me to be wrong twice in one post but Im back to believing its mono in and out...quite common on guitar chorus pedals
How is this statement considered a "user suggestion"?

".. a user on my Instagram mentioned a stereo output like the original thing"

I interpreted this as someone, the person knew through Instagram, confirmed certain details about the pedal.

I feel that mono in stereo out chorus pedals are kind of the standard of how these things are built, and the mono in mono out ones are just cheap, and nobody really wants them.

Giving the "user account" of the pedal indeed having stereo outs a bit of credence as well as recognizing how not staying true to this design would totally ruin any attempt at replicating the design of the Juno's chorus, it makes more sense to believe it will have stereo outs imo.
Old 5th October 2017
Quote:
How is this statement considered a "user suggestion"?

".. a user on my Instagram mentioned a stereo output like the original thing"

I interpreted this as someone, the person knew through Instagram, confirmed certain details about the pedal.

I feel that mono in stereo out chorus pedals are kind of the standard of how these things are built, and the mono in mono out ones are just cheap, and nobody really wants them.

Giving the "user account" of the pedal indeed having stereo outs a bit of credence as well as recognizing how not staying true to this design would totally ruin any attempt at replicating the design of the Juno's chorus, it makes more sense to believe it will have stereo outs imo.
Oh I read it as maybe just being a user suggestion...thats all

its hard to tell on the photo, if its not just a mock up, but it only shows an input and output, and Tore did not mention stereo outputs either

I dont care if Im wrong, Id rather have stereo

ftr TC already produce mono to mono choruses, not just cheapos....so do Electro Harmonix, MXR, Boss, and a couple of more boutique lines. So theyre not that uncommon
Old 5th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthbuilder View Post
Let's just say I'm not a follower of 'the beautiful game'.
I knew the fact I was there would never come in handy
Old 5th October 2017
Deleted User
Since many people have this synth, maybe try this?

http://forum.vintagesynth.com/viewto...56e8de25357346
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Or the other view that made people realise that the Deepmind might have some decent synth and sound sculpting capabilities because of the inclusion of TC effects.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search