The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxifraga View Post
Come on guys. We abuse this thing to feed it with a synthesizer signal. We connect a low-Z output to a high-Z input. Anybody should know that this leads to terrible sound quality, because you get signal reflections and distortions between synth output and padel input. The pedal needs a Z converter to work for us. It should be fine with a guitar though, but since they didn't mix original and chorus signal, it doesn't produce a big stereo effect. Someone at TC didn't think long enough about this products design.
The problem is not impedance. Plugging a 300 ohm keyboard/synth output into a 1M Boss pedal input does not radically change the sound of the pedal.
Old 14th July 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
The problem is not impedance. Plugging a 300 ohm keyboard/synth output into a 1M Boss pedal input does not radically change the sound of the pedal.
Have you heard the Amazona.de examples? The DX-7 routed thru the June-60 creates terrible distortions that are 100% because of the high impedanz input of the June. You don't have that with any of the guitar reviews on YT.
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

So I haven't been following this thread and I impulse grabbed one of these beauties at local national MI retailer and basically agree with everything that's been said ... It sounds good with a guitar — even if the effect itself is extremely limited ... Not authentic at all ... Nobody in guitarland gets anything about "June-60" lol ... We all know this is an abysmal failure and should never have seen the light of day ... the pedal is gorbeous ... there should be a v2 for synthandia ... probably will or they wouldn't have bothered to machine it ... Pour moi, next step is to create an effects loop on audio interface though that is not my preferred way to work ... probably returning it unless it somehow that gobsmacks me ...
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have you heard the Amazona.de examples? The DX-7 routed thru the June-60 creates terrible distortions that are 100% because of the high impedanz input of the June. You don't have that with any of the guitar reviews on YT.
Not an impedance issue. I play my DX7 into guitar amps all the time.
Old 16th July 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Not an impedance issue. I play my DX7 into guitar amps all the time.
Seems you are right. At least with keyboards it doesn't work and sounds nothing like a Juno-60. With higher notes C5..C6 it produces distortions with my Boog Model D. The Boog has two outputs, one high and one low, so resistance and impedance are not the problem here. The pedal also drops the signal by 12 dB or so. My other effect devices don't do this to a signal.
It seems this thing is either a ripoff or TC has poor QC. Shouldn't have gone into production in this state of develoment.
Will send it back tomorrow.
Old 16th July 2019
I got this a few weeks ago, and I have to say first impressions are good..it looks really good on my pedal board, havent tried anything else with it
Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seems you are right. At least with keyboards it doesn't work and sounds nothing like a Juno-60. With higher notes C5..C6 it produces distortions with my Boog Model D. The Boog has two outputs, one high and one low, so resistance and impedance are not the problem here. The pedal also drops the signal by 12 dB or so. My other effect devices don't do this to a signal.
It seems this thing is either a ripoff or TC has poor QC. Shouldn't have gone into production in this state of develoment.
Will send it back tomorrow.
Some chorus pedals or analog delay pedals are a bit fussy with hot signals in that the BBDs will distort even though the main signal does not appear to be overloading the input at all. I've only really experienced that with a cheap Mooer CE-2 clone personally though. It sounded fine on guitar but terrible with a synth.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search