The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tc electronics make roland juno chorus Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Another question:

You've always seemed to be succesful focusing on your own designs. Will we see you expand more into general production of other designs too, like here where your pedal is flying Roland colours? And if so, is this because of a change in philosophy since being bought up?
As a bonafide gear nerd I enjoy all the cool vintage gear that's out there as well as love new boundary-pushing products.

A lot of TC products has tried to bring something new to the table in one way or another - in my humble opinion both PolyTune, TonePrint and Ditto were innovative to a certain degree - but I just love my old TS808 Tube Screamer and '68 Marshall too. So for us to finally have the competences and resources to do more vintage-based stuff is really great.

So for me it's not an either/or. It's both and we're currently working on products on both sides of the fence.
Old 4th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramse View Post
Sounds promising. What BBD chips are you using? The MN3009’s used in the Juno chorus seem to be unobtainium these days.

And yes, please consider making it stereo.
Unfortunately we can't find MN3009's either... they are indeed unobtanium.We are using Cool Audio BBDs so it's not a 1:1 exact copy of the original but in my humble opinion it comes pretty darn close.

Thanks for all the suggestions for stereo... this version will be in mono unfortunately but it's definitely now on my list of ideas to make a stereo version.
Old 4th October 2017
Im gonna pass on a mono, your corona pedal serves me well just now, but Ill lap up a stereo version...many would in here
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tore @ TC View Post
Thanks for kind words about my demo "skills".

Yes - the engineers we've hired are all at our HQ in Risskov and we are way more people today than we were when TC got bought. In fact a brand spanking new building is currently in the works. The land has been bought and the architects are working full time... it's gonna be pretty darn cool once it's done.
Cool, I'm excited to see what the future holds, I love my HOF, T2, and Flashback Pedals
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

looks like a piece of ****
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for kind words about my demo "skills".

Yes - the engineers we've hired are all at our HQ in Risskov and we are way more people today than we were when TC got bought. In fact a brand spanking new building is currently in the works. The land has been bought and the architects are working full time... it's gonna be pretty darn cool once it's done.
It's always a pity when you see local production moving to places with cheap labour but I am very happy to hear that your main development dept. is expanding locally.

A bit off topic, and I won't press you for a reply on it, but right around the time you got bought, the Konnekt converters disappeared. There were some very nice entry level models there at prices that probably even made you competitors to Behringer. I'll be honest, as a local guy, but also as someone who doesn't believe in cutting too many corner on electronics, not least for sustainability reasons, it gave me a bad taste in the mouth. I hope you are still able to make what you want and without cutting every corner possible in production.

Anyways, sorry for giving you guys a hard time, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I wish you good luck with TC, and good fortunes in Risskov.

And keep them demos coming
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
So for me it's not an either/or. It's both and we're currently working on products on both sides of the fence.
That's cool, it just doesn't look much like a TC pedal! But I bet you're working with some people who know how to move some product, and if you can't get the Juno, at least get the chorus!!

Quote:
..So for us to finally have the competences and resources to do more vintage-based stuff is really great.
Ya man, but you must admit, that one was not too complicated! Especially the paint job.

Just pulling your leg man, put it in the work log. ..
Old 4th October 2017
Was curious to this since Uli mentioned it here some time ago. Already a pass though because of the mono out.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Why make it mono and neuter it from the start? Even guitarists want stereo out chorus pedals.....rushing it, do it right the first time and be a success.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

another vote for a solina style triple chorus / string ensemble
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

I see a thread about a TC product coming out. I wonder before opening the thread how long before some utterly predictable boring anti-Behringer stuff makes the thread a total turn-off. Answer: the very first response. And so wisest thing is to get out of the thread quick before getting lost in that spiral of horrible tedium.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

If its just a chorus pedal, then why copy the juno?
Its to gain more sales obviously and rip off that classic design which is sought after.

Other manufacturers are way less obvious and try and do things with their own slant at the very least and/or with permission from the originator.

A shame as TC were a great company in themselves, with amazing fx boards that sounded like... well TC. But now it appears to be sweat shop plagiarism directed by uli.

Im proud not to buy off unethical companies and happy to pay a bit more for honest goods. That includes my free range poultry, organic lamb, beef as well as music gear.

And just LMAO calling it the June60. Hope roland sue behringers arses over this or pip them at the post with a reissue like the se02 did with the Model D.

Just gets funnier this behringer lark.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Yeah, if if wasn't fully clear who bought TC, now it is.
When was it not fully clear?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

One of the greatest and most sought after chorus fx ever placed on a synth, what's not to like?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
another vote for a solina style triple chorus / string ensemble

Its already being designed & made by Tony Allgood @ Oakley Sound: the Oakley SRE330.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelevin View Post
I see a thread about a TC product coming out. I wonder before opening the thread how long before some utterly predictable boring anti-Behringer stuff makes the thread a total turn-off. Answer: the very first response. And so wisest thing is to get out of the thread quick before getting lost in that spiral of horrible tedium.
Yet here you are at post # 42, because you are a Gear Slut.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
One of the greatest and most sought after chorus fx ever placed on a synth, what's not to like?
It's a very cool thing, just need stereo out.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear
And a price
Old 4th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
If its just a chorus pedal, then why copy the juno?
Its to gain more sales obviously and rip off that classic design which is sought after.

Other manufacturers are way less obvious and try and do things with their own slant at the very least and/or with permission from the originator.

A shame as TC were a great company in themselves, with amazing fx boards that sounded like... well TC. But now it appears to be sweat shop plagiarism directed by uli.

Im proud not to buy off unethical companies and happy to pay a bit more for honest goods. That includes my free range poultry, organic lamb, beef as well as music gear.

And just LMAO calling it the June60. Hope roland sue behringers arses over this or pip them at the post with a reissue like the se02 did with the Model D.

Just gets funnier this behringer lark.
@ thuper ethical

Eats sheep thats only allowed to live to a year then is slaughtered for his dinner, but is really a nice guy who wont buy a guitar pedal because it hurts...eh, nothing.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Behringer earned it IMO. Unethical business practices for many years going back long before they got in the synth game....I won't enable them.

That being said, I respect the TC brand and company very much for their history of awesome products and INNOVATION, I'm not willing to write them off.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

this looks awesome but agree should be mono in stereo out ... make it so! ;-)
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matia View Post
this looks awesome but agree should be mono in stereo out ... make it so! ;-)
At the very least with an insert cable on a stereo out jack. BTW, the look of it is just awesome....would be right at home next to your vintage or vintage flaired analogs. Headroom is another factor to consider.

Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Line levels for synths? One or two of us have synths not guitars...
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
Line levels for synths? One or two of us have synths not guitars...
Agreed, it's a big deal. Folks here make it work though(using guitar stomp boxes for synths)....I hate having to drop synth levels down for a guitar stomp box....it's a mismatch....
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why can't we defeat the axis of evil?!?!?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post

Yet you brag in your signature about owning an i7 Chip, which is made by Intel, which has paid many huge fines due to unethical business practices, and has manufacturing and engineering facilities in China and Vietnam?

My guess is you also own multiple Apple products also made in China

Tell us why you feel those companies are ethical and Behringer is not?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
@ thuper ethical

Eats sheep thats only allowed to live to a year then is slaughtered for his dinner, but is really a nice guy who wont buy a guitar pedal because it hurts...eh, nothing.
Murder is murder I say, though I do find it interesting where other people draw their moral lines.

I for example, eat the rich.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Unfortunately we can't find MN3009's either... they are indeed unobtanium.We are using Cool Audio BBDs so it's not a 1:1 exact copy of the original but in my humble opinion it comes pretty darn close.

Thanks for all the suggestions for stereo... this version will be in mono unfortunately but it's definitely now on my list of ideas to make a stereo version.
Needs to be in stereo!
Old 4th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Murder is murder I say, though I do find it interesting where other people draw their moral lines.

I for example, eat the rich.
I will never buy unethical clones! <slips on veal suit>
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Anything Juno-60 like has to be in stereo or there's no point to the reference at all.

When I hit the chorus button on my Juno-60 I'm transported to some swirling Twin Peaks soundtrack kind sound that's heavenly.

I have the Roland Boss CE-300 rack chorus that's supposed to be like the Aplha Juno Chorus but it doesn't even have the lush sound of the older Junos.

Cramming a Juno chorus to Mono is just wrong and better be cheap enough for two.

Dan
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search