The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NAMM 2018 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires... Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

i call about 150 000 yen for the sonicware thing. won't be available in europe because of all the testing it has to go through. would love one though
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

TC has been bringing out a bunch of new analog pedals lately, all in the 50-60 euro range but i'm hoping they actually bring to market the juno chorus pedal. personally i use the tal chorus plugin quite often, but a pedal would be awesome. only a couple of prototype videos out there from guitcon when they showed it. it even looks great as a pedal (obvious direct design ripoff of the original but great nevertheless)

they do have the 3rd dimension chorus out which is cool but it's a bit of a different, more subtle unit.

Old 12th January 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Official Debut and Demonstration of Korg's latest synth as well as celebrating 50 years of Korg Synthesizers. Artists and Engineers. Limited availability. Please contact [email protected] for more information."
But I talked to Jennifer Lopez yesterday, she didn't know anything.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
TC has been bringing out a bunch of new analog pedals lately, all in the 50-60 euro range but i'm hoping they actually bring to market the juno chorus pedal.
We recently got an update on this saying they've decided to make it stereo after our feedback
Old 12th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Analog and Digital vocoders both sound different. I personally prefer the analog sound as it sounds almost like a Mellotron with a string machine.

I wish Waldorf would just make a PPG Wave 3. Just a nice blue modern PPG Wave. Not personally thrilled by the Quantum. Just can't figure it out how a Blofeld (Hell, even a PPG Wave 2) can be multitimbral and a Quantum is only Bi-timbral and be more expensive.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
[...]

But, as far as I understand Korg they’re always trying to figure out what most people they want in order to please them. But innovation doesn’t come with that way.
Korg is willing to try things out. The now old kaossilator line started as an experiment. The monotrons were a "let's see how this goes" experiment, has grown into a full analog line that even includes the unusual Vocla Kick. They occasionally throw out weird curveballs like the Miku pedal or the Cliphit.

And the rumored synth is said to do things you wouldn't expect.
Old 12th January 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthguy View Post
While I Like your post, that last sentence is a little off. KORG has been making wonderful synths since the OASYS. In many people's case including mine, since the Trinity, Z1 and Wavestation days. The Radias, KingKORG and Kronos are godly synths you can do almost anything with, particularly the Kronos. It's practically a DAW.

So between a stinky old analog synth with one or two filters, and a wonderful godly VA with tons of classic models, which should this new wondersynth be?

Of course I'm being facetious, partly. I'm all about juicy analog warmth. JD-XA, Voyager and MatrixBrute have shown that analog is way sweet. However, those who insist that VAs aren't all that, don't have a clue. I guarantee that if they made a VA of some of their synth legends, such as the Triton and PS-3300, almost no one would care when they heard it. I'm mostly hoping for a super well endowed VA.
''those who insist that VAs aren't all that, don't have a clue''.

I agree with you, thus nowadays I would expect more from Korg. I’m using Korg workstations since 2002, when for the first time I bought a Korg Triton and at the moment I have 3 Korg workstations in my studio, because over the years I felt comfortable to work with that way. Korg’s name is synonymous with the innovation in Romplers/Workstations, and arranger workstations, but not elsewhere, even though some of their old vintage synths are a little bit underestimate, but anyways.

But, see what Roland engineers they have done with the System 1 and System 8, with the other Aira products and with the JD –XA and JD –XI as well, all these are innovative products, so while you get the analogue sound and the modulation capabilities, you can get even more features as well, because they’re digital, or digital/analogue as the JD – XA. I know that some people would argue that analogue synths sound better and offer more nuances, but anyways.

The Kronos has already embodied analogue modeling sound engine, mainly based on their MS – 20 and Polysix synthesizers, not to mention the king Korg which is a hidden gem, so Korg they can do a lot of things if they want of course…

So, I would expect from Korg to follow Roland’s philosophy and to try to offer new cool and innovative analogue modeling synths, or they can even recreate some of their analogue classics in a digital form and to make these synths with huge polyphony, multi – timbral and with multi - track sequencers into them, and not to change the colors of the Microkorg…
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

the king korg is often overlooked around these parts. but it's a great synth. sure, it's plasticky and light and all that. but it has a modular va engine where you can mix and match different oscillators with different filter types and while it's not that immediate for hands-on editing (especially for the modulation and envelopes) it does have most basic controls readily available and keep in mind that this was meant for live musicians, that often have the tones made in the studio and need minimal hands-on controls, mostly for basic stuff like fx and tweak a filter cutoff. but it sounds very good and you'd be hard pressed to find something with such a great sound for that money. again, don't compare it to what it isn't. but even though i don't really need one, i always play it whenever i visit the local shops. and like i've said many many times before, i would love a desktop version of it with a bit more controls.

they should expand on this engine and create a new arturia origin type synth. especially as they already use a few of those small oled screens. would be great to have such a machine. endless encoders for the controls and we're good.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedZip View Post
But I talked to Jennifer Lopez yesterday, she didn't know anything.
She's just outside my door now. Must have tracked me down...
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

The KK engine would work really well with a Peak like interface. I'd like to see Korg do something like that, and add even more filter models to it while they're at it.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

basically an ms2000 type interface (with the weird green/blue vintage vibe) with the kk engine inside. sold!!!
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

I think (hope) this will be the year of FM synthesis in different hardware forms.
Old 12th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
She's just outside my door now. Must have tracked me down...
Old 12th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
I think (hope) this will be the year of FM synthesis in different hardware forms.
Maybe a new DX hopefully.

Sadly I don't think we'll see another Synclavier. The Non Linear Labs C15 looked similar to one though...man what a nice looking synth that is...but completely impractical. I'd be shocked if that company has even sold 10 of those things.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

I don't know what NU:TEKT (Europe / US) is but I'm guessing it's Nutube related.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Octatrack MKIII
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
I don't know what NU:TEKT (Europe / US) is but I'm guessing it's Nutube related.

"
Word Mark: Nu Tekt
Status/
Status Date:
Application under examination
Friday, November 3, 2017
Application Number: 017425802
Filing Date: Friday, November 3, 2017
Registration Date: Not Available
Type of Mark: Figurative
Kind of Mark: Individual
Mark Distinctiveness: Yes
Filing Language: Not Available
Secondary Language: Germany
Last Applicant/Owner:
KORG INC.
15-12, Shimotakaido 1-chome Suginami-ku
Tokyo JP 168-0073
Correspondent:
MERH-IP MATIAS ERNY REICHL HOFFMANN PATENTANWÄLTE
Paul-Heyse-Str. 29
München
DE 80336
Logo Design Information
Design Feature:
(1) Several triangles, juxtaposed, joined or intersecting
(2) Triangles pointing downwards
(3) Triangles with dark surfaces or parts of surfaces
Classification Information

Class Code: 015
Class Description: Musical Instrument Products
Goods & Services: Musical instruments, electronic keyboard instruments, synthesizers and synthesizer-based production machines, tuning forks and tuning apparatus for musical instruments.
Class Code: 009
Class Description: Computer & Software Products & Electrical & Scientific Products
Goods & Services: Telecommunication machines and apparatuses, audio frequency devices and apparatuses; audio headphones; parts and accessories for telecommunication machines and audio frequency devices; electronic machines and apparatuses utilizing vacuum tubes, namely amplifiers utilizing vacuum tubes for amplifying musical instruments or audio signals; vacuum tubes; and electric and electronic effect units for musical instruments; amplifiers and effectors for musical instruments."

I hope these end up as Synth circuits....

Been suggesting it for years with Korg
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_rock View Post
Octatrack MKIII
Six months after MKII? Notgonnahappen
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Six months after MKII? Notgonnahappen
Digitakt mkII?!?

Actually, the only thing it's missing is proper Song Mode and a CF/SD port. Otherwise, nifty little unit for the price.

I'm hoping there are a lot of OS refreshes coming out that add/expand the abilities of current offerings. I'm not sure if we'll see much new major hardware for the Big Three. But a boy can dream.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Actually, the only thing it's missing is proper Song Mode
Classic intentional Elektron product crippling to avoid product conflicts.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Classic intentional Elektron product crippling to avoid product conflicts.
I thought the whole mono vs stereo thing and the lack of the time stretching and other effects stuff was enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 13th January 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Class Code: 015
Class Description: Musical Instrument Products
Goods & Services: Musical instruments, electronic keyboard instruments, synthesizers and synthesizer-based production machines, tuning forks and tuning apparatus for musical instruments.
Class Code: 009
Class Description: Computer & Software Products & Electrical & Scientific Products
Goods & Services: Telecommunication machines and apparatuses, audio frequency devices and apparatuses; audio headphones; parts and accessories for telecommunication machines and audio frequency devices; electronic machines and apparatuses utilizing vacuum tubes, namely amplifiers utilizing vacuum tubes for amplifying musical instruments or audio signals; vacuum tubes; and electric and electronic effect units for musical instruments; amplifiers and effectors for musical instruments."

I hope these end up as Synth circuits....

Been suggesting it for years with Korg
It's a vacuum tube tuner, isn't that obvious?
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedZip View Post
It's a vacuum tube tuner, isn't that obvious?
100% analog guitar tuning...
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
TC has been bringing out a bunch of new analog pedals lately, all in the 50-60 euro range but i'm hoping they actually bring to market the juno chorus pedal. personally i use the tal chorus plugin quite often, but a pedal would be awesome. only a couple of prototype videos out there from guitcon when they showed it. it even looks great as a pedal (obvious direct design ripoff of the original but great nevertheless)

they do have the 3rd dimension chorus out which is cool but it's a bit of a different, more subtle unit.

would it be SO difficult to make a juno chorus with rate & depth controls and a variety of waveshapes options?
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
The KK engine would work really well with a Peak like interface. I'd like to see Korg do something like that, and add even more filter models to it while they're at it.
I would so much love to have a KingKorg module/desktop. It's an incredibly good-sounding VA.

A follow-on 'KingKorg2' or 'KingKorg Xtreme" should add:
  • Modeled wave-forms from popular classics, instead of just the current 'generic' wave-forms.
  • Addition of ARP Odyssey and CS-80 modeled filters.
  • A third Envelope Generator.
  • Adjustable EG curves (like on the DeepMind 12) ... or alternately selectable EG curve types based uponclassic instruments.
  • A third and maybe 4th LFO.
  • Expanded "virtual patch" (Korg's term) modulation matrix ... more slots, more sources, more destinations.
  • Dual FX section, instead of the current single-path, dual selectors.
  • Expanded/improved FX ... should be able to do Reverb and Delay at the same time. Should be able to do Chorus and Phase-Shifter at the same time. Additional FX models (shimmer, particle, etc.)
  • Tube, EQ and Pre-FX programmable per patch.
  • Aftertouch ... shut up and do it.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZT Scheer View Post

I would so much love to have a KingKorg module/desktop. It's an incredibly good-sounding VA.

A follow-on 'KingKorg2' or 'KingKorg Xtreme" should add:
I'd be happy just to have it in a module as is without the crappy keyboard attached.
Old 13th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
100% analog guitar tuning...
Oh yes, analogue tuning sounds so much better than digital :P
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvti View Post
Oh yes, analogue tuning sounds so much better than digital :P
My drop Ds sound so much warmer!
Old 13th January 2018
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Now I'm kinda upset because this is so true. A new Blofeld with better analog modelling, and better optimization, in the same format as this vocoder, with some kind of multi-track song sequencer.

Imagine an OP-1 style display with 3D visuals of wavetables/samples just like Nave. Imagine audio-in for sampling too, and converting audio to wavetables.

With the right sequencer it could be like a keyboard version of the Fairlight meets the PPG Wave. Especially if you had options for degrading the wavetables/samples to sound more vintage.
I think this is kind of what the Quantum is aiming at.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search