The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM 2018 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

I want an eventide h9 v2, with more knobs and more DSP to run two algos at once. it would be the best effects pedal ever.
Show replies
Old 9th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Trade-only shows are an utter waste of time; having spent many years myself as an exhibitor at CES, I'm happy not to have to run that wheel every year.

I'd see a manufacturer's decision not to exhibit as a mark of confidence that they're working on something that, though not yet ready for NAMM, will stand on its own once it's ready. Make announcement when the time comes, show the product at consumer-focused shows, then take orders / collect underwear, and ... PROFIT!
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnspace View Post
DSI will not be at NAMM - confirmed.
This makes me sad.
Show replies
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post
A new Virus would be cool. Is Access still relevant? Have they released anything after the TI2?
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Kemper Profiling Amplifier Rack
Kemper Profiling Amplifier Rack with built in poweramp
Kemper Footswitch

..you get the idea. I remember reading a good post or article postulating the DSP line all the Virus' algorithms are programmed against is end of life now, and there won't be any new chips that will run all their code unless they rework a bunch of it.. so that may explain the drought on the synth side too. I think we were expecting something last NAMM as it was the 20th anniversary.. maybe they are waiting for the 25th
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

Access headquarters

Show replies
Old 10th December 2017 | Show parent
Arturia Minibrute V.2
DSI VCO mono
Roland Analog
Yamaha FM synth
Korg Prologue (FS Minilogue 6-8 voice)

One of these I know for a fact is real
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

A duophonic Minibrute would be nice.
Show replies
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahFoxKing View Post
Arturia Minibrute V.2
DSI VCO mono
Roland Analog
Yamaha FM synth

One of these I know for a fact is real
Highly doubt Arturia will revisit the Minibrute...likely they’ll move on to a Polyphonic synth.

DSI VCO Mono? They already have that in the AS-1.

Roland will likely never do another analog poly. Sad but I’ve sort of given up on Roland.

We can only hope Yamaha do an FMX only based synth.

Korg is likely going to do a Polyphonic (probably 8 or 10 voice) analog synth. Now what will differentiate it from other Polyphonics is something that we will have to see. If it’s just a monotimbral Poly Synth I’ll likely pass.
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
i would like a Keystep Pro, of sorts

octave more keys, more advanced sequencer with substantially more memory locations. and a row or more extra for modulation. more cv i/o and some continous controller faders assignable to either midi cc or CV outputs. like a small centerpiece for a modular system.

even better if you could play off the arpeggiator on one set of CV, and sequencer on another.
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

Behringer DP4 and a mutator fx box clone

Just popped into my head sorry as I’ve been looking at OG’s and cried at the price of used
Show replies
Gear Maniac

boutique roland fantom g6 with 1 tb
with no screen all done in daw

korg kronos softsynth
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

[IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-04/16/18/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_enhanced-20248-****844410-1.gif[/IMG]
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Guru

i think/hope Arturia have decided on an improved mk2 brute either of the MINI or the drum family with a little borrowed tech from the daddy of the bunch
Show replies
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboLives View Post

Korg is likely going to do a Polyphonic (probably 8 or 10 voice) analog synth. Now what will differentiate it from other Polyphonics is something that we will have to see. If it’s just a monotimbral Poly Synth I’ll likely pass.
IF Korg drop the poly hybrid then i fully expect it to be multitimbral or at least BI
Show replies

Last edited by Jamie munro; 10th December 2017 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: did it kill the cat??
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
IF Korg drop the poly hybrid then i fully expect it to be multitimbral or at least BI
I know a lot of people are saying it’s going to be a hybrid but I just don’t think so. It’ll be all analog.
Show replies
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Addict

Not a prediction, more an observation: I'm surprised that Korg hasn't come up with an equivalent of the Roland K25 (the controller for their boutique module thingies) for the Volca line. I've seen a couple of homemade racks, but I haven't seen something that combines a decent keyboard with a frame/rack wherein you could connect and route the different bits and bobs.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnspace View Post
DSI will not be at NAMM - confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZT Scheer View Post
This makes me sad.
Though that doesn't preclude them announcing something via YouTube and/or sharing a booth in a collaborative effort with another manufacturer
Show replies
Old 11th December 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish1999 View Post
Behringer DP4 and a mutator fx box clone

Just popped into my head sorry as I’ve been looking at OG’s and cried at the price of used
thought Behringer is no longer participating in NAMM?? or am i mixing it up with Roland?
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinavin View Post
thought Behringer is no longer participating in NAMM?? or am i mixing it up with Roland?
I seem to remember last NAMM was their last year too. A lot of companies seem to host nearby showcases during NAMM instead lately though, so we could get some disruption at least. Might just be a fuzzy picture on their facebox of a Neptune-16 instead, though
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldog View Post
Not a prediction, more an observation: I'm surprised that Korg hasn't come up with an equivalent of the Roland K25 (the controller for their boutique module thingies) for the Volca line. I've seen a couple of homemade racks, but I haven't seen something that combines a decent keyboard with a frame/rack wherein you could connect and route the different bits and bobs.
Korg already makes several Keyboard controllers and the Volcas all have keyboard like buttons on them already

Really not sure how well that would sell

I think where Korg really missed the boat, was in not creating a Beatstep Pro like device to sequence and sync the Volcas with non Volca gear

But Arturia owns that space now
Show replies
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear

Relic-6

Show replies
Lives for gear

The bummer with DSI and Moog not being at NAMM is that I’ve put all future purchases on hold until they announce. I’ve just got this feeling their next offerings are going to be great and I want my next decision to be informed by their releases.

It’s also a “good thing”. Slowing down doesn’t hurt. :-)
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Kemper Profiling Amplifier Rack
Kemper Profiling Amplifier Rack with built in poweramp
Kemper Footswitch

..you get the idea. I remember reading a good post or article postulating the DSP line all the Virus' algorithms are programmed against is end of life now, and there won't be any new chips that will run all their code unless they rework a bunch of it.. so that may explain the drought on the synth side too. I think we were expecting something last NAMM as it was the 20th anniversary.. maybe they are waiting for the 25th
Well, they know how to program whatever chips are in the Kemper now, so who knows...

(Fingers crossed; the Kemper is a great bit of kit. Problem is that the guitar amp market is way bigger than the synth market, so I'm not holding my breath.)
Show replies
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
Though that doesn't preclude them announcing something via YouTube and/or sharing a booth in a collaborative effort with another manufacturer
Perhaps a keyboard based sampler with analog filters in a collaboration with Pioneer.

DSI/Pioneer "Mimic" or "Imitator" sounds good.
Show replies
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
The bummer with DSI and Moog not being at NAMM is that I’ve put all future purchases on hold until they announce. I’ve just got this feeling their next offerings are going to be great and I want my next decision to be informed by their releases.

It’s also a “good thing”. Slowing down doesn’t hurt. :-)
Same. I am in the market for a digital synth to compliment my analog stuff but I'll place that on hold just in case DSI decides to do something digital.

As of right now I'm focusing on getting that Oberheim TVS Pro and that'll drain my account for a while. Ugh...I don't even want to think about it.
Show replies
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear

Show replies
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear

Poor DSI, they've created a following of consumer drug addicts demanding the release of a new synth every six months so they can mainline their smack.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahFoxKing View Post
Roland Analog
Yamaha FM synth
Yes on all 3.

Geez, a Yamaha FM seems like a no-brainer, but I can't understand their corporate logic. They could do an analog as well based on the old CS circuitry, but that's very unlikely.

A Roland analog? - even with the SE-02, which is nice, they should do a poly.

And a full sized Korg Minilogue-based analog? Seems like another no-brainer.
Show replies
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear

yeah Yamaha Fm would be nice.
The FS2R for £300 please.
Show replies
Closed