The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Expert Sleepers ES-40/ESX-8MD CUBASE HELL
Old 8th January 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by glotus View Post
After some emailing and forum scouring I got this working perfectly on ableton the otherday - and cubase before that.
With my lovely mr816x

The trick is to go into the MR editor and set the spdif volume to zero db.

Note the config settings in MR editor may make spdif come out on 15,16 or 11,12 depending on how it is setup.

You can also set (ruin) this spdif value using the second (far right) of the two volume knobs on the hardwarea. If it is set correctly you will see lights all the way around from 6 oclock to 3 ocklock. This will be when the master light is on indicating the volume knobs are for master levels.

Do not touch this second knob when the value is set correctly.

Also make sure that the ‘soft’ faders in your daw are also set to zero for the audio channel that is running the silent way cs-4 plugin.

Also watch out for cubase settings changing the spdif master level per project.

When the spdif vol is in a happy place, you can open silent way cs-4 controller - turn off all the cv stuff,
And set the output - 1,2,4,8, 16 etc - each setting should light up 1 light on the esx8md -

Then... you can make music
WOW Thanks so much for this post! I wanted to say that this helped me a bunch in getting my issues sorted out. For me the main problem was that in the mr816 mixer, under spdif I needed to mute the input channels as they were being passed out the spdif directly and wreaking havoc with my es-40/esx8cv. I installed the latest driver/tools and am on mojave btw.

Right now just got a single midi channel with 3 additional audio plugins sending midi clock along on ports 1-4, and everything is super tight and nice. I have a couple synths here in my stripped down setup that I wanna get fully working with silent way so still work to do. I figure once I have the mono and poly synths here all dialed in along with the drums I'll move onto getting the es8cv and es8gt going for my modular and can finally be in a great space with my sync.
Old 8th January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Nice one glad you got it working with your setup

Nothing quite like tight midi coming from a daw

GL
📝 Reply