Gearleaks?
Old 6th September 2017
Matches the maschine mk3
Old 6th September 2017
Gear Guru

Looks familiar

Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear
I like the look of new maschine mk 3 with audio interface. ...could be time....
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

Fantastic! And I bought my brand new KK S61 about 8 months ago...
Old 6th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectwoofer View Post
Don't feel bad. Still a very nice controller.

I bought a brand new Push just a few months before they announced Push2. I know it has some improvements in the pads and feel but the screen for chopping samples was the biggest improvement overall and I'm not trying to pretend I'm NOT using a computer. I invested in a large monitor so I wouldn't have to look at tiny ones anyways.

Also, they still neglected the biggest needed improvement on Push, which is having two assignable touch strips instead of one.

I'm good.
Old 6th September 2017
Gear Addict
One day NI will combine the maschine controls (which are almost there anyway) and pads on to the dead space on the keyboard and it will be a great space saving studio tool. Until then, pass.
Old 6th September 2017
If this one has better standalone MIDI controller capabilities, it will be a must have for me. Looks like my MKI is up for sale tonight.
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearanewworld View Post
If this one has better standalone MIDI controller capabilities, it will be a must have for me. Looks like my MKI is up for sale tonight.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I luckily use mine always with my DAW fired up so that's not a problem for me.
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Don't feel bad. Still a very nice controller.

I bought a brand new Push just a few months before they announced Push2. I know it has some improvements in the pads and feel but the screen for chopping samples was the biggest improvement overall and I'm not trying to pretend I'm NOT using a computer. I invested in a large monitor so I wouldn't have to look at tiny ones anyways.

Also, they still neglected the biggest needed improvement on Push, which is having two assignable touch strips instead of one.

I'm good.
Yes, it's a good one. Those new screens look very nice but like you I've also recently bought a big monitor and I also have a Nektar Panorama P1 which already has a screen for plugins so it's not very tempting to me. The knobs are still eight so maybe it has some more buttons as shortcuts for some functions but I wouldn't buy the new one only for that either. Keybed quality? The original is already really good...
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

Are these (Kontrol and maschine Mk3) fake news? No NI announcements yet.

If they are real, the Kontrol keyboard could have used some more controls.
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

looks legit based on NI comments under the forums.
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

This looks great. I've been telling you all that integrated hardware control of software is the next big thing #nomoremidilearn
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by choond View Post
Are these (Kontrol and maschine Mk3) fake news? No NI announcements yet.

If they are real, the Kontrol keyboard could have used some more controls.
It seems like they are just leaked photos.

If indeed they are real, the keyboard looks so barren. They should be giving us 16 knobs. (damn this sounds so typical of users wanting more - Mk1 was barren to begin with) The 16 knobs could control several Osc, Filter, and 2 Env parameters at the same time. Novation SL or Nektar Panorama stuff still beats it for knob/slider control and those are 10+ year old controllers. wtf This minimalist approach is ********.

It's reasons like this why I have gone back to hardware after going hardcore software.
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post

If indeed they are real, the keyboard looks so barren. They should be giving us 16 knobs. (damn this sounds so typical of users wanting more - Mk1 was barren to begin with) The 16 knobs could control several Osc, Filter, and 2 Env parameters at the same time. Novation SL or Nektar Panorama stuff still beats it for knob/slider control and those are 10+ year old controllers. wtf This minimalist approach is ********.

It's reasons like this why I have gone back to hardware after going hardcore software.
Yup. More knobs with digital scribble strips!
Old 7th September 2017
Deleted c727f99
They're real , more info today /tomorrow depending on where u live
Old 7th September 2017
Deleted c727f99
Here's another screen grab
Attached Thumbnails
Komplete kontrol mk2-image.jpg  
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post

Yes, 16 knobs minimum would be great. I've owned novation remote's too and wish these more expensive controllers would match those specs, if not exceed them.
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

If there were 16 people would ask for 24... its not the number per se, its that there is something missing if their are not meaningfully laid out (i mean laid out, not mapped). Hence the success of the Boutiques

Generic will always be generic. . I think the strength of KK is that you can browse without mouse. Just like with any other Rompler/Presetplayer too.
Old 7th September 2017
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectwoofer View Post
I know, right? I was just getting ready to list my barely used S25 for sale.
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
If there were 16 people would ask for 24... its not the number per se, its that there is something missing if their are not meaningfully laid out (i mean laid out, not mapped). Hence the success of the Boutiques

Generic will always be generic. . I think the strength of KK is that you can browse without mouse. Just like with any other Rompler/Presetplayer too.
I don't mind the layout personally, and I LOVE the lightguide and scribble strips that let you know what you're controlling. Just that 8 controls seems a bit too few to me compared to any cheap midi controller I've used, and it doesn't have anything like pads either.
Old 7th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted c727f99 View Post
Here's another screen grab
That's looking hot!
Old 7th September 2017
Deleted c727f99
This is translated from a German site
https://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelan...ntrol-mk2.html

MACHINE MK3
The classic modern production and performance system is now better than ever before
Elegant new design
Layout was optimized on the basis of comprehensive customer and artist surveys to enable the fastest and most intuitive workflow
Contains a professional 96 kHz / 24 bit audio interface with stereo and microphone inputs as well as line and headphone outputs
Larger pads make fingerdrumming even easier without losing the established feel of the MK2
Search for sounds, edit notes or samples directly from the hardware via high-resolution color displays.
The focus remains fully on the music and not on the computer
Unprecedented integration with KOMPLETE and NativeControl standard (NKS) instruments, plus full VST / AU support
New dedicated buttons for frequently used functions such as Note Input Mode, Lock, Macro and more
4-Dimensional Push Encoder makes browsing and navigating even easier
New Smart Strip for a completely new feel to play: play chords like on the guitar or control MASCHINE's Perform FX
Power supply via USB or supplied power supply
Many further improvements and optimizations
Price: 599 Euro (identical to the MK2)
Commercially available from 5 October 2017

COMPLETE CONTROL S49 & S61 MK2
The fully integrated, smart keyboard controller for all virtual instruments
Elegant new design for improved, holistic workflows
Half-Weighted 49 & 61 Fatar Keybeds with Aftertouch
Unprecedented integration with KOMPLETE and NKS instruments, plus full VST / AU support
Two high-resolution color displays for a quick overview of instruments, presets, parameters and much more
LightGuide with RGB lights above each button allows to recognize single drum cells, key switches, chords, scales and more at a glance
Rubberized pitch and modwheels, plus a freely assignable touch strip for even more creative possibilities
4-Dimensional Push Encoder for one-handed navigation and soundbrowsing
Improved layout with even more dedicated buttons for the most used software features
Improved MACHINE integration as well as intuitive transport, mixer and edit controls for Logic, Ableton Live and GarageBand, Cubase and Nuendo will be released this year
Price: S49 599 €, S61 699 €

Perhaps the most important first: The MK3 now has its own sound card (I hear a scene applause, as one knows it from Apple presentations?). It is a simple line-in / out plus an additional microphone input and a headphone output. Thus, Native Instruments is unquestionably fulfilling a heart of many users. The second obvious innovation: the MK3 now also has those high-resolution color displays, which until now have only been installed in machine studio. At all, the entire layout is a whole new look. Perhaps the most obvious change is that the space between the pads has become smaller and the pads are larger - a significant advantage in finger drumming. The former master section was also updated: Here, a single rotary push encoder (in the previous version, three potentiators) and corresponding function buttons were located here. This is followed by a touch strip, as already known from the Kontrol S series. Context-related tasks can be performed with various tasks - including pitch changes, modulations, parameter changes, notes input and arpeggios. With the new machine software, however, complete lock-state morphing of all (!) Parameters is possible. We've tried this at the presentation: it's really "gone" when a track to the break, infinitely changes its sound. I speculate that - after the omnipresent Trap-Note-Repeat Hi-Hats - the next big thing could become.

Back to Hardware: The whole look is now slimmer, more modern and much more elegant. This can be seen in details, such as the potentiometer buttons, the new typography and the considerably darker optics, but also the omission of superfluous elevations and depressions of the housing. The MK3 is only a single, angular black block. "Sharp-edged" is, by the way, to be understood in the wortinn, because the corners are really extremely pointed - I can imagine that they will be the one or other performers sometimes painfully. Obviously, the new displays, which correspond technically to those of the machine studio, are jumping into the eye. This means that the information density and depth that can be read directly on the device is significantly increased and now corresponds to what we have already been able to report on the workflow with Maschinenstudio.
There are countless innovations, which should be mentioned, but we reserve the right for the full test, which you can read here soon. However, our first conclusion is consistently positive: Native Instruments has rarely had the feeling that user requirements have been incorporated directly into product development. Especially the integrated sound card should have been on the top of the wish list for almost all machine users. Pleasing also that the price remained stable the MK3 has the same list price as the earlier MK2. It may be a bit painful for users who have just bought their MK2, because the new version is unquestionably a "major update" - not a revolution, but a new development, the way how to use the machine Soft- and Hardware network works.

Komplete kontrol has also been modernized. Let's start from behind: The LED Light-Guide-System and the very good playable Fatar-Keyboard with Aftertouch remained. All drummers have experienced a change. Obviously here are first the two displays, which are identical with those of the machine studio. This makes, of course, an incomparably higher and more complex information density. This includes not only browsing the Komplete library, but also working with DAWs, NKS-compatible plugins, and VSTi plugins. They can all be commanded with the new controls.
In a first demo at Native Instruments, it was already shown that both the transport functions as well as the mixer from Ableton Live can be controlled via the control keyboard and the mixer's level display can be visualized on the keyboard. Support for Logic Pro X, GarageBand, Cubase and Nuendo will follow soon. On the hardware itself, the new controller wheels fall into pitch and modulation. Here, Native do without touch strips and instead return to mechanical wheels, which are ergonomically advantageous, a little tipped away from each other. A horizontally oriented touch strip remains, which is occupied with various context-related tasks (including "strumming" of notes, arpeggios and control of modulations). Here, as in the case of the machine MK3, it should be noted that both device series are now completely bus-powered via USB and an external power supply is dispensed with.
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear
At last Komplete Kontrol keyboards have pitch and mod wheel - and not just strips.
Will wait to see if an 88 version comes out.
Old 7th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
At last Komplete Kontrol keyboards have pitch and mod wheel - and not just strips.
I actually prefer the touch strips much better but on the other hand I don't play cheesy 80s synth solos either.
Old 7th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
+1

Would love the 88 keys with these features and normal Pitchwheel.

At the other hand, the existing versions will maybe still available at an even better
price?
Old 7th September 2017
Deleted 46dc28f
I wonder if these are still crap in standalone mode when controlling hardware synths. For example, my S25 can only hold a single hardware template and doesn't do Sysex.
Old 7th September 2017
Gear Guru

NI controllers never did sysex. All the way back since Kore.
📝 Reply