The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Komplete kontrol mk2
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Nut

Any visibility on when NI will offer out-of-box integration for Presonus Studio One? I'm using ver. 3. Thanks.
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Guru

Nobody knows.
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

i can't even express just how excited i am about this, it's pretty much exactly what i've been waiting for:

Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Minikeys can be alright. The Reface ones were great.

Edit: Synth-action, custom NI keybed - can mean anything.

/C
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLofgren View Post
Minikeys can be alright. The Reface ones were great.

Edit: Synth-action, custom NI keybed - can mean anything.
i'm sure i'll be fine with it. i've got a KORG microKEY Air 37 here that i really like, which most people would think is crap, but i'm having USB connection problems with it (have to use bluetooth) and this offers so much more besides. i've also got a Roland A-49 with full sized keys if i need (i'd really like the NI S49mk2 or even A49), but this will be perfect for most things.

can't wait, i wish i could have it here tomorrow. i haven't had a reliable keyboard controller since i set up this new pc last year. the A-49 is way off to the side (don't have a long enough USB cable, can't get MIDI to work correctly from it) and the Korg has been acting up.
Old 19th February 2019
Gear Nut

Have NI actually stated anywhere that the plan to address the situation of not being able to change MIDI channel in the S series MK2 when used without KK ?

It's a pertinent point for, the answer of which will make my decision whether to go for a s/h MKI vs a MKII .

Thanks.
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Head

Has anyone heard of a S49/61 Mk3 coming out this year? I'm seeing some retailers in Australia discounting the S49 MK2 and the S61 MK2 by ~10%. They usually don't discount NI stuff unless something has been superseded.
Old 4th April 2019
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Nut

Not really interested in black keys being the only change. Give me a white KK MK2 with notmal keys or a white Maschine and I’m more inclined to buy. Also, pretty disappointed that there’s no M32 version of this. Oh well, it looks cool.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
i can't even express just how excited i am about this, it's pretty much exactly what i've been waiting for:

finally grabbed one of these. haven't gotten into it much yet, but a few first impressions:

- i like the feel/action of the keys quite a bit, but the velocity sensing isn't great at all.

- that OLED display sure is tiny. would love to see one above each knob. almost feels like you're "flying blind" without that, but the screen updates with each knob's function/value as soon as you touch a knob. just tap it, no need to actually turn it.

- the encoders are pretty resistant, more so than the Maschine MK3. they might loosen up over time (which isn't really a "good thing"), but right now very fast adjustments aren't happening. the encoders on my old Maschine MK1 are very quick and smooth in comparison.

overall though i really dig it.
📝 Reply