The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digitch Pedal Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for gear

Digitch Pedal

Anyone tried the Digitech Polaris & Obscura pedals. They work ok with synths? I tried a Behringer RV600, and couldnt get any signal out of it.... So decided to try something else.
Old 13th August 2017
Gear Guru
If you couldn't get any signal out of a Behringer pedal then you may not be able to get a signal out of *any* pedal ...

Maybe the pedal was broken. Maybe you forgot the battery or power supply. Or maybe you plugged it in the wrong way ... hard to take you seriously when you make a statement like that.

I love Digitech pedals - but i'm a little wary of the tiny small ones. I adore my Hardwire Supernatural I A/B'd it in the shop with the Polara. I was focused on the spring reverb side just to be clear. I expected the newer Polara to blow away the older Supernatural - but the Supernatural destroyed it. I had to immediately buy the Supernatural.

You'll just to have to try and compare them for yourself - personal taste is a big part.
Old 13th August 2017
The Supernatural is a monster of a reverb pedal! I love mine as well, it's kind of my high water mark when thinking about reverb pedals. I'm interested in the Polaris as well. I tried a Wampler Ethereal for my Alpha Juno, but so far I'm not that into it. It has a hard time with the output level of the synth and overloads really easy. I've heard the Hardwire stuff is meant to accept line level inputs as well as guitar signals, so maybe that would be abetter route.
Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
If you couldn't get any signal out of a Behringer pedal then you may not be able to get a signal out of *any* pedal ...

Maybe the pedal was broken. Maybe you forgot the battery or power supply. Or maybe you plugged it in the wrong way ... hard to take you seriously when you make a statement like that.

I love Digitech pedals - but i'm a little wary of the tiny small ones. I adore my Hardwire Supernatural I A/B'd it in the shop with the Polara. I was focused on the spring reverb side just to be clear. I expected the newer Polara to blow away the older Supernatural - but the Supernatural destroyed it. I had to immediately buy the Supernatural.

You'll just to have to try and compare them for yourself - personal taste is a big part.
I have many other pedals, all no problem just the RV600 will not put any signal out, FYI the Supernatural was on my list too, but its discontinued and I couldnt find any here, hence jumped on Polara.
Old 13th August 2017
Gear Addict

Polara is a nice little reverb. It sounds quite artificial but it blends well with analog sounds. It's best used with stereo out.
Old 13th August 2017
Gear Addict
I have both Polara and RV600.. is your RV600 just completely broken? Polara works nicely with synths, anyhow (but RV600 should work fine too..)

Edit: . o O (are you plugged into L and trying to take a signal from R or something?)
Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
I have both Polara and RV600.. is your RV600 just completely broken? Polara works nicely with synths, anyhow (but RV600 should work fine too..)

Edit: . o O (are you plugged into L and trying to take a signal from R or something?)
The RV600 is at end of fx chain after my em600, and when its there, nothing.. Powers up but nothing, but if I take it on its own, it gives me a really low signal hardly any volume at all.
Old 14th August 2017
Here for the gear
I've had both the Obscura and the Polara to use on synths.

I've still got the Obscura and I quite like it as a basic delay. I've usually got it on Tape or Lo-fi settings and it sounds pretty good for the price.
It can get quite dirty sounding.

I had the Polara for a few months but never quite bonded with it. Not quite sure what it was but there was something in the tone that didn't agree with me.
I ended up selling it and putting the money towards an Eventide H9 - much happier now.
Reverb really is personal taste though. A lot of people seem to like the Polara.

Both pedals seem to handle line level no problem. I've used both with synths plugged in directly and on the sends of my mixer.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search