The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Model D Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Behringer Model D

So where is it? They anounced a price drop but I don t see them on any shop??
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
The disrupter got disrupted. Back to the drawing board.

Why another thread, though?
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licudi View Post

I don t know what u mean?

didn t find any thread except a closed one, so..
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan View Post
I don t know what u mean?

didn t find any thread except a closed one, so..
I think he means the SE-02 popped up to steal Uli's thunder, which is far more feature rich and has a far superior sound to anything Uli demonstrated, for not much more money. This imo opinion caused him to drop the price.
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
I think they closed the thread because of rampant speculation, personal attacks, and all sorts of other bogus things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
I think he means the SE-02 popped up to steal Uli's thunder, which is far more feature rich and has a far superior sound to anything Uli demonstrated, for not much more money. This imo opinion caused him to drop the price.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Just wanted to mention the upcoming Dreadbox Medusa will be another shot fired over Behringer's bow. There is certainly no lack of competitors in this space. If Uli's D is anything other than outstanding it will quickly fall into irrelevance.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just wanted to mention the upcoming Dreadbox Medusa will be another shot fired over Behringer's bow. There is certainly no lack of competitors in this space. If Uli's D is anything other than outstanding it will quickly fall into irrelevance.
Not til December yet..
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
I think they closed the thread because of rampant speculation, personal attacks, and all sorts of other bogus things.
I did not know that. I am a stranger in a strange land.

Quote:
Yep. Good enough isn't going to cut it anymore. The Uli-surper better come-up with something exceptional.
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:

Yep. Good enough isn't going to cut it anymore. The Uli-surper better come-up with something exceptional.
Why?

I reckon at $300 it just has to sound a bit better than a monologue to sell a bucketload
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Why?I reckon at $300 it just has to sound a bit better than a monologue to sell a bucketload
Price isn't the only factor in a purchase - Behringer is many things, but cool is not one of them. I mean, I own a few Behringer products, but they're not listed on my studio card.

The image-conscious muso will only choose Behringer over Roland/Studio Electronics and Dreadbox if the Model D is demonstrably superior. Based on what I've seen and heard of the SE-02 that will take some doing.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Price isn't the only factor in a purchase - Behringer is many things, but cool is not one of them. I mean, I own a few Behringer products, but they're not listed on my studio card.

The image-conscious muso will only choose Behringer over Roland/Studio Electronics and Dreadbox if the Model D is demonstrably superior. Based on what I've seen and heard of the SE-02 that will take some doing.
Image-Conscious...Doesnt stop Daft Punk using Behringer BCR2000 onstagege and doesnt stop Vile Electrodes proudly showing a Deepmind 12 upfront either..
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear
Sounds like they have to do a model name change:

Behringer Model D-OA
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
Image-Conscious...Doesnt stop Daft Punk using Behringer BCR2000 onstagege and doesnt stop Vile Electrodes proudly showing a Deepmind 12 upfront either..
That's why they wear masks
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:

The image conscious muso aint buying a minologue either...let alone any Behringer

It doesnt have to sound mind blowing, it doesnt even have to sound as good as the se-02, at $200 cheaper it just has to sound good imo

We'll see, even if it was a 1:1 most of this place would never admit it. I wouldnt worry to much if I was Uli...just make sure its a decent mono with a bit of moog flavour and sweetwater will be chucking them out to the great unwashed masses quicker than than you can say the deepminds not cool
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaintjohn View Post
That's why they wear masks
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
...just make sure its a decent mono with a bit of moog flavour and sweetwater will be chucking them out to the great unwashed masses quicker than than you can say the deepminds not cool
Speaking of Sweetwater, I wonder what ever happened to the whole "we posted the preorder a week too early"? Wasn't that two weeks ago?
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
Speaking of Sweetwater, I wonder what ever happened to the whole "we posted the preorder a week too early"? Wasn't that two weeks ago?
Yup, I was about to checkout when I thought I aint wearing no mask?!?

They said they were honouring the orders, part of me believes some intern got the price $100 too little and the resulting pre orders will take until 2019 to cover...

The other part of me's gone to make a coffee so I dont know how he feels.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
To be fair people only look at their fancy head wear and don't notice the gear at all. And Vile who?....Never heard of them.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm starting to think the D is much further away from prime time than it seemed weeks ago, and even then it was clear a lot of work was needed to even make it sound remotely musical.
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
The image conscious muso aint buying a minologue either...let alone any Behringer
But I thought Aphex Twin invented electronic music? You know, like Quentin Tarantino invented film.

Quote:
It doesnt have to sound mind blowing, it doesnt even have to sound as good as the se-02, at $200 cheaper it just has to sound good imo
I haven't seen any confirmation of that $300 SRP yet, but, assuming the price tag's correct, for an extra $200, the SE-02 offers a lot more than the Behringer, to my mind at least. Quite apart from the SE-02's programmability, xmod and bypassable-DDL (I reserve judgement on the sequencer), the Studio Electronics and Roland pedigree counts for a lot, at least to anyone aged 30 or over.
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
But I thought Aphex Twin invented electronic music? You know, like Quentin Tarantino invented film.

I haven't seen any confirmation of that $300 SRP yet, but, assuming the price tag's correct, for an extra $200, the SE-02 offers a lot more than the Behringer, to my mind at least. Quite apart from the SE-02's programmability, xmod and bypassable-DDL (I reserve judgement on the sequencer), the Sound Electronics and Roland pedigree counts for a lot, at least for anyone aged 30 and over.
Well Im 50 and I dont care

Like I said we'll have to see...Im not in the market for any of the three of them, but I would like behringer to succeed in this so they move on and produce something a bit more exciting next.

I also wish Roland had taken the boutique idea to an XL version just in size alone. The format just seems wrong for more complicated UI's, but what do I know.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
To be fair people only look at their fancy head wear and don't notice the gear at all. And Vile who?....Never heard of them.
You couldn't see Daft's gear on stage anyway*, it was hidden inside a Pyramid of Light

* Some cool gear shots in magazines and whatnot thought.
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
And Vile who?....Never heard of them.
Vile Electrodes. Big in St Leonards, population 7,000.

Behringer gave them a DM12.
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
Big in St Leonards
Love that song, by Alphavile
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Nothing personal, but some people still want better than good. At these low prices, Behringer is cutting a lot of corners. Anyone expecting a Moog D clone out of this is going to be disappointed. This synth is targeted for entry level players. Sure you might get some pros that us it, but at the end of the day it's going to be a cheap synth.

I am a firm believer that more expensive does not always equal better. So when I say "cheap", I mean more in terms of quality, components, and sound.
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrod View Post
Nothing personal, but some people still want better than good. At these low prices, Behringer is cutting a lot of corners. Anyone expecting a Moog D clone out of this is going to be disappointed. This synth is targeted for entry level players. Sure you might get some pros that us it, but at the end of the day it's going to be a cheap synth.

I am a firm believer that more expensive does not always equal better. So when I say "cheap", I mean more in terms of quality, components, and sound.
well good, better, whatever, its all personal taste...though Id agree that anyone thinking this will be an exact 1:1 will likely be disappointed.

I just dont want it to sound bad...the monologues an excellent little mono, with plenty of features, built to a price...if the behringer is too Ill be happy, just so it doesnt stop them from continuing on this journey

I know what you are saying entry level, or beginners, but I used the volcas out of interest...I could make an entire album out of them and Im experienced enough that most of my stuff sounds average to above average for my skill set...it wasnt the volcas, or any of my synths sounds, that hold me back...$300 are only entry level because theyre easier to afford, not because of what they can produce. I think we forget this in here and argue 20 pages over differences that really dont matter that much. Not a rant or directed at you, just the other part of me came back with the coffee
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

It's a clever tactics. Just to disrupt the disrupter! the goal: to make the disrupter disrupt again.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Same mongs pop up time and time again

Sad really
Old 14th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Same mongs pop up time and time again

Sad really
lol @ mongs
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan View Post
So where is it? They anounced a price drop but I don t see them on any shop??
The date was always aimed at the end of year as per the big guy himself.

I expect their urge to make this better has only become stronger, the silence speaks volumes IMO.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search