The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Model D
Old 29th September 2017
  #1561
VST
Lives for gear
 
VST's Avatar
Anyone know the dimensions of the D yet?
Old 29th September 2017
  #1562
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
Behringer they have to produce a mini midi keyboard with good quality mini keys, dedicated to Model D. So, the owners of the Behringer Model D, to be able to embodied the synth into this keyboard. (as the Boutique K25 mini keyboard and the SE - 02 Roland synth).

With this opportunity Behringer they can smartly add a 64 step sequencer into this mini midi keyboard, with transponce function on the fly, and with pattern (midi) memory, and chain patterns ability, and octaves up and down, and for 99$ the mini keys plus 349$ for the unit = 448 $ and they will blow the SE – 02 (599 SE -02 + 99 K25 = 698 $) out of the water immediately…

I know you can take your Arturia keystep to use it with your Model D, but a midi keyboard dedicated exactly for a module synth is a different feeling….
Noooo!!!!! It's gotta be full sized keys
Old 29th September 2017
  #1563
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin View Post
Noooo!!!!! It's gotta be full sized keys
I wouldn't mind mini or slim keys IF THEY WERE SPRUNG LIKE REAL ONES.

It's never been a size thing for me, it's purely an action complaint. Those keys they stick on the Minilogues, JD-Xis and boutique docks have dead mushy lite action.

There's no hinge or spring mechanism to them. You're just bending the plastic key itself, and that flex provides the return - until it snaps off or degrades to a random key height.

No springs, no sale!
Old 29th September 2017
  #1564
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post
Anyone know the dimensions of the D yet?
Yes.
Old 29th September 2017
  #1565
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
I get where you are coming from and if it's no issue to you then thats fine but for me i keep hitting the wrong keys on my ms20 mini, just too used to playing full size.
Old 29th September 2017
  #1566
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

I'd be willing to bet that they would do a keyed version of this maybe even with more patch points if there was demand, they seem open to taking ideas from customers. The Deepmind 6 is a nice derivative of the DM12 so I see no reason why they wouldn't be open to variants if customers showed demand if they are not already in the pipeline.

To me it seems like the cheaper $300 price point is a safer business decision for entry of the Uli D, it's really a no brainer for many while a larger and pricier $500(?) keyed version would have to be a considered purchase and not an instant buy. Buyers satisfied with the desktop would have no problem upgrading to a keyed version later down the production line and many on the sidelines may buy in when the keyed version arrived after much success.
Old 29th September 2017
  #1567
VST
Lives for gear
 
VST's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
Yes.
Ohh, I like forum tennis too.

So I'll say: What are they?

In the next post you say: Check Google

Then I say: I tried that.

Then you say: It fits in Eurorack

I say: I'm looking for exact dimensions, including the wood sides and maximum height in it's original case.

Then you say one of two things: I don't know, or answer the original question.

Old 29th September 2017
  #1568
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post
Ohh, I like forum tennis too.

So I'll say: What are they?

In the next post you say: Check Google

Then I say: I tried that.

Then you say: It fits in Eurorack

I say: I'm looking for exact dimensions, including the wood sides and maximum height in it's original case.

Then you say one of two things: I don't know, or answer the original question.

You asked if anyone knew. The answer is yes, someone knows. Several people.

That person isn't me. I don't know. The dimensions didn't wind up in the preorder copy that retailers are using. That's where I usually find those things out.

I enjoy answering questions in literal, pedantic terms. It's my favorite.

I suppose I'd also like the dimensions - then again, it's probably about as big as it looks, which would be as tall as (but wider than) a Mother 32, narrower than a System 1 Rack. The general idea is enough info for me, for now.

Are you pre-crocheting it a dustcover or something, or just have a very tiny desk?
Old 29th September 2017
  #1569
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post
Anyone know the dimensions of the D yet?
Old 29th September 2017
  #1570
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
The waldorf kb37 shows this to be utter nonsense. I demand apologies from everyone involved in this fiasco.
Why?

Are they not 2 different companies.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1571
Lives for gear
 
Synth Buddha's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
<Deleted by Moderator>

Last edited by Synth Guru; 1st October 2017 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: See above
Old 30th September 2017
  #1572
Deleted User
Guest
I'm going to mount mine on a harmonica holder so it can always be 4 inches from my face.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1573
Deleted User
Guest
The Korg Arp Odyssey module is starting to look a little bit overpriced.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1574
Lives for gear
 
swiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Makes sense to me.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1575
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post
Anyone know the dimensions of the D yet?
19 inches

The Arturia KeyStep and the Behringer Model D they have about the same width. I think they fit nicely together, if you take in consideration the sequencer and the arpeggiator of the Keystep which fits nicely with the Model D.

Personally, I don’t have problem with the mini keys if they’re carefully build and they have quality and some resistance when you play on them.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1576
DGL
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
<Deleted by Moderator>
I think you'll find Herr Hans Thomann Jr. owns Thomann and whilst they are a major Behringer retailer they sell much more than just Behringer, much, much more.

Last edited by Synth Guru; 1st October 2017 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Baseless Assumption
Old 30th September 2017
  #1577
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
<Deleted by Moderator>
You realise that Waldorf is more expensive in USA than across other parts of the globe? Just a counter thought.

This happens with many brands, pricing is not fixed pound for pound or dollar or yen whatever.

Wanna buy a foil hat?

Last edited by Synth Guru; 1st October 2017 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: Baseless Assumption
Old 30th September 2017
  #1578
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
The Korg Arp Odyssey module is starting to look a little bit overpriced.
Don't know about that, lower cost items are great but they don't make everything else that costs more obsolete or overpriced, sure it can be viewed that way but if that's how everything was judged where would we be?

Actually, being fair i suppose we could say this unit makes everything seem overpriced, especially mono synths.?
Old 30th September 2017
  #1579
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
The Korg Arp Odyssey module is starting to look a little bit overpriced.
The Korg Arp odyssey Module, or even with keys, is for about 400 – 550 Euros second hand around here. The prices are very low given the fact that Korg they putted this synth initially for about 999 $ worldwide.

This production from Korg was a weirdo failure from the beginning, and it is a shame because the synth sounds great and on top of that is duophonic, and there are so many things you can do. But, hey, Korg they forgot to add some modern features into it, a 64 step sequencer and with patch and pattern memory, and with some digital effects, could put this great synth into another level, actually this Arp Odyssey could be the next modern classic synth. But, hey this is Korg …

Now, all people and their grandpas are getting crazy with the minilogue’s and the monologue’s, and this proves that for the synths in 2017 …it is not only about the sound, it is all about the overall design and features…
Old 30th September 2017
  #1580
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
19 inches

The Arturia KeyStep and the Behringer Model D they have about the same width. I think they fit nicely together, if you take in consideration the sequencer and the arpeggiator of the Keystep which fits nicely with the Model D.

Personally, I don’t have problem with the mini keys if they’re carefully build and they have quality and some resistance when you play on them.
I think it's smaller... 70HP = 14 inches + side panels, so ~14.5 inches wide.
The face plate will be 5.25 inches high, but it might stick out a little at the back like the mother 32, so ~5.5 inches deep?
Old 30th September 2017
  #1581
Gear Addict
 
Uli Behringer's Avatar
 

Do you want to design the next Behringer synths/drum machines or sequencers?

We are looking for super creative, disruptive thinking but also experienced synth/drum machine/sequencer product designers who would love to help design our next-generation products.

If you understand the terms "customer experience", "user interface" but also "product definition", we would like you to join our highly passionate synth teams. Our innovation locations are in the UK and Germany but you may also work from home.

If you're interested, share some ideas here or simply send me a PM with some of your former work.

Uli
Old 30th September 2017
  #1582
Gear Maniac
 
Reginator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
If you're interested, share some ideas here or simply send me a PM with some of your former work.

Uli
These attributes are nice in a synth/sampler:

Sampler engine similar to E-mu Emulator II with modern interface and control

Ability to insert external sounds or effects into the synth path (i.e. effects loop before or after VCO, VCF, VCA)

Full-size keys

Polyphonic aftertouch

Ribbon controller across the top of the keys (similar to CS-80)

Quick intuitive access to any patch

Felt dust protection on sliders
Old 30th September 2017
  #1583
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Do you want to design the next Behringer synths/drum machines or sequencers?

We are looking for super creative, disruptive thinking but also experienced synth/drum machine/sequencer product designers who would love to help design our next-generation products.

If you understand the terms "customer experience", "user interface" but also "product definition", we would like you to join our highly passionate synth teams. Our innovation locations are in the UK and Germany but you may also work from home.

If you're interested, share some ideas here or simply send me a PM with some of your former work.

Uli
There has been a flood of low cost synths and drum machines flooding the market in recent years. many are portable and battery powered. This has lead to many people having the ability to live jam with all their devices without the need to record tracks. What I think the market might want (or not even know they want yet) is a device that will sequence, arpegiate, and control all this gear AND mix all their inputs together AND add effects per device. If those three things can be put together into one battery powered portable device, the music world will eat it up to no end.

Btw, adding some clip recording and basic sampling could be a bonus, but the key is many inputs, a full functional but live pattern oriented sequencer, and many many effects per input.

Thank you.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1584
Lives for gear
 
donato's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
This production from Korg was a weirdo failure from the beginning, and it is a shame because the synth sounds great and on top of that is duophonic, and there are so many things you can do. But, hey, Korg they forgot to add some modern features into it, a 64 step sequencer and with patch and pattern memory, and with some digital effects, could put this great synth into another level, actually this Arp Odyssey could be the next modern classic synth. But, hey this is Korg …

A lot of people would've hated Korg for doing that. I know I wouldn't want any of those things on a reissue. Just because it wasn't for you doesn't mean it wasn't for others. I'm also not sure what data you have showing it was a failure.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1585
Gear Addict
 
starmanwarz's Avatar
 

Is the Model D coming out in October?
Old 30th September 2017
  #1586
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Do you want to design the next Behringer synths/drum machines or sequencers?

We are looking for super creative, disruptive thinking but also experienced synth/drum machine/sequencer product designers who would love to help design our next-generation products.

If you understand the terms "customer experience", "user interface" but also "product definition", we would like you to join our highly passionate synth teams. Our innovation locations are in the UK and Germany but you may also work from home.

If you're interested, share some ideas here or simply send me a PM with some of your former work.

Uli
Looking forward to the extended D keyboard. I assume this is already in the design process? Dont forget to add a couple of mults to the extended patch bay though.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1587
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
The Korg Arp odyssey Module, or even with keys, is for about 400 – 550 Euros second hand around here. The prices are very low given the fact that Korg they putted this synth initially for about 999 $ worldwide.

This production from Korg was a weirdo failure from the beginning, and it is a shame because the synth sounds great and on top of that is duophonic, and there are so many things you can do. But, hey, Korg they forgot to add some modern features into it, a 64 step sequencer and with patch and pattern memory, and with some digital effects, could put this great synth into another level, actually this Arp Odyssey could be the next modern classic synth. But, hey this is Korg …

Now, all people and their grandpas are getting crazy with the minilogue’s and the monologue’s, and this proves that for the synths in 2017 …it is not only about the sound, it is all about the overall design and features…
You realise it was an Odyssey? Not a do it all wannabee fantastico synth.

A weirdo failure? Global sales stats at hand by any chance? How about Korgs expectations and targets?

Old 30th September 2017
  #1588
Gear Addict
I wouldn't mind to see an OB DMX or Linndrum clone... :-D would be amazing! Uli would definitely get my money.
Old 30th September 2017
  #1589
Gear Addict
 
Uli Behringer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post
Is the Model D coming out in October?
We're in the midst of our massive factory move and hence everything has shut down until we open again by end of October.

However we are still targeting shipment of the Model D during the next quarter.

Have a look at our brand new home: 3 million square feet and 4 years in the making we're now moving with 4,000 people and 80 trucks a day over the next 6 weeks.

A real happy moment...

https://www.*********************MyMUSICTribe/

Uli
Old 1st October 2017
  #1590
Gear Nut
 

Congratulations and best wishes, Uli and all Behr-ites!

Congratulations and best wishes, Uli and all Behr-ites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
We're in the midst of our massive factory move and hence everything has shut down until we open again by end of October.

However we are still targeting shipment of the Model D during the next quarter.

Have a look at our brand new home: 3 million square feet and 4 years in the making we're now moving with 4,000 people and 80 trucks a day over the next 6 weeks.

A real happy moment...

https://www.*********************MyMUSICTribe/

Uli
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump