The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Model D
Old 24th September 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
He's already said the pricing to distributors is the same everywhere. You need to take it up with the distributors/retailers...
Or better yet the EU.
Old 24th September 2017
Deleted User
I just ordered one from GC, free shipping, coupon code accepted.

A euro-format supercharged Minimoog clone for $254. Now I've seen everything.

I pour my booze out onto the sidewalk while looking directly into the camera.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
I just ordered one from GC, free shipping, coupon code accepted.

A euro-format supercharged Minimoog clone for $254. Now I've seen everything.

I pour my booze out onto the sidewalk while looking directly into the camera.
What coupon code?
Old 24th September 2017
Deleted b598644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny pedaal View Post
299 $ , and in europe over 300euro ??
Why
Isn't behringer a citizin of europe ?
Should be the other way round or at least the same value
Yes, you can thank the EU for this BS
Old 24th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer View Post
What coupon code?

If you're on the mailing list, they should send you coupon codes like every single week. I just used mine and it worked too.
Old 24th September 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer View Post
What coupon code?
I think it was a one-time unique sent to me by a rep. I don't think there's a general coupon code going, but you can check the usual promo code sites just in case.
Old 24th September 2017
Deleted User
GC US listing shows November 10 for stock.

Behringer Model D | Guitar Center
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3 guy View Post
Or better yet the EU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b598644 View Post
Yes, you can thank the EU for this BS
There are no EU taxes. EU is also not repsonsible for any tax. It doesnt even have a fiscal department (yet).

Taxes are paid based on the law and to of the country of the retailer.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

VAT is an EU tax, but the countries are the ones in charge of collecting it. It's an obligatory tax imposed by the EU.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhead View Post
VAT is an EU tax
No it isnt. Nonsense. You will not be able to find a law or whatever to prove that claim.
If it was it would be the same in all countries, which it isnt.
And in case you find such a law please send it to me in a PM. I am eager to lern.
But, politics are not the topic of this forum. In fact its frowned upon. So please restrain yourself and keep your political agenda where it belongs. I will do the same with mine.
I just answered the comments because they are free of facts. And no politics means especially no factfree politics.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

can we stop this bs debate about taxes. i know not everybody studied economics but it's pretty easy to just read up on it, and many members even explained it. vat is not an eu thing. just because we call it vat in europe, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist pretty much everywhere in the world:

"A value-added tax (VAT), known in some countries as a goods and services tax (GST), is a type of general consumption tax that is collected incrementally, based on the surplus value, added to the price on the work at each stage of production, which is usually implemented as a destination-based tax, where the tax rate is based on the location of the customer. VATs raise about a fifth of total tax revenues both worldwide and among the members of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).[1]:14 As of 2014, 160 of the world's approximately 193 countries employ a VAT, including all OECD members except the United States,[1]:14 which uses a sales tax system instead"
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
No it isnt. Nonsense. You will not be able to find a law or whatever to prove that claim.
If it was it would be the same in all countries, which it isnt.
Nope, the EU has different 'rates' that make VAT variable from country to country. A simple google search should clear any other doubts you have about VAT.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
can we stop this bs debate about taxes. i know not everybody studied economics but it's pretty easy to just read up on it, and many members even explained it. vat is not an eu thing. just because we call it vat in europe, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist pretty much everywhere in the world
Just because other countries outside the EU have VAT doesn't mean VAT applied to countries inside the EU isn't imposed by the EU.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

@ knobhead , yeah, as a member of the eu you are required to collect vat. but the value is up to the individual states. and a form of vat was present in european countries before the eu. hell, my country had vat in communist times, loooong before we even dreamed of being eu members. and if you don't wanna pay vat, buy the product online from another country and use a friend's company's vat code. same thing as buying from another state in the us.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhead View Post
Just because other countries outside the EU have VAT doesn't mean VAT applied to countries inside the EU isn't imposed by the EU.
May i ask what country you live in? Was there no sales tax or VAT before it joined the EU?

The so called EU VAT is not a real tax. Its just one of several number to calculate the EU budget. For this every country has to use the same system, but does not need to have the same amount. Your government could set it as low as 0,1%.. which of course they dont. At the moment european countries have VAT between 17% and 27%.

The EU neither sets the amount, nor collects, nor gets the money..

And since all fiscal decisions in the EU have to be unanimously, your country actually agreed.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Vat rates are set locally in Uk.
It doesnt matter a stuff whether VAT is an EU thing or not. Nothing to stop the UK setting it to zero. Apart from their own economy, hospitals, roads, schools etc.
BD should be £275-280 inc vat in UK if it is a direct calculation vs USAs $299.
I suspect it will be £299 which is perfectly tolerable to most for what it is.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

At least in one point we all agree. Behringer has nothing to do with it.
Old 24th September 2017
Gear Addict

I just don't understand why we already know the price in the US but not in EU?
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post
we know it but it generates hate and vat discussions about eu membership status and big government controlling our synth buying possibilities

ps: the baxshop price is not really to be believed as their stuff is usually overpriced before it becomes available
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Model D-screen-shot-2017-09-24-22.29.02.jpg  
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post

The EU neither sets the amount, nor collects, nor gets the money..

And since all fiscal decisions in the EU have to be unanimously, your country actually agreed.
Well, actually the EU does get some of it, it's one of three sources of funding of the EU budget, a percentage of each EU member states VAT is sent to the EU.

Irish EU Presidency, The EU Explained : How the EU is financed

In any case, 300 dollars plus VAT should still not be more that around 350 Euros with the current exchange rate.

The Bax price seems like a guestimate, I would not preorder from them I don't expect them to return the difference if the final price is lower than the preorder price.
Old 25th September 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post
German company I believe but this is a very interesting question....
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

299 $ = ~252€ ATM, which if VAT added (lets say 25%?) should still come around to something like 315€??? The euro to usd rate is crazy right now..
Old 25th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
I should have said Monotribes.
Yes, the perFourmer has it in-the-box.
But right now all my Monotribes are mono.

But with a QMI2 (and Eurorack) or the CV OCD MIDI to
Quad CV converter, I could run my Monotribes
as a four voice poly.

I've combined a bunch of korg monotribes (with midi) and volcas into a polysynth. You can do this either with software alone - Polymer - Play Your Studio As One - or with hardware like MidiPal
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear
I heard you can run multiples of these for polyphony on a single keyboard. How does one do that?
Old 26th September 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
I heard you can run multiples of these for polyphony on a single keyboard. How does one do that?
I don't think real polychain will be possible. How could one unit control and sync, say, three other BMD (for a four voice poly)?
Old 26th September 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrman View Post
I don't think real polychain will be possible. How could one unit control and sync, say, three other BMD (for a four voice poly)?
Why not? Dave Smith does it too. Uses round robin technique. To explain very simple, and not sure if this thing works exactly like that...but.

Have 3 of them hooked up, midi in, and thru to the other two. Then each note played, it will be played on the order 1-2-3 and back again. Just a simple cycle. All other data of the controls will be send as well, just the notes will be done on another unit.

There are even external boxes to do this :-)
Old 26th September 2017
Deleted User
This would only be note overflow, not control and sync.

Plug a MIDI keyboard into D1. Plug the thru of D1 into the in of D2. Run them both into a mixer. Set the patch however you want - identical knob positions, or different.

Play one note, D1 plays while D2 is silent. Play 2 notes, and D1 passes the second MIDI note on to the second unit in the chain, etc.
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrman View Post
if you are going to control the external modules by midi the keyboard controller will need to have a facility to set a number of voices, the assign them sequentially to channels, i.e first key hit goes the channel one, second key hit goes channel 2 etc until you hit the set number of channels, then it goes back to channel 1 .

Then you have to find some way of universally controlling the various parameters of all the modules together , or you will have to manually program each module identically.

The old polysynths like my Poly 6 6 were wired internally like this, but It's not particularly easy with discrete modules
Old 26th September 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
if you are going to control the external modules by midi the keyboard controller will need to have a facility to set a number of voices, the assign them sequentially to channels, i.e first key hit goes the channel one, second key hit goes channel 2 etc until you hit the set number of channels, then it goes back to channel 1 .

Then you have to find some way of universally controlling the various parameters of all the modules together , or you will have to manually program each module identically.

The old polysynths like my Poly 6 6 were wired internally like this, but It's not particularly easy with discrete modules
I think the rumor is true Polychain mode, which means you feed regular old MIDI to the first unit in the polychain, and it sends the overflow down the line, etc. You daisychain as many units as you want for the number of voices, up to 16 if you're insane.

Yes, in terms of analog monos without patch storage and digital control you need to set up the same patch on each synth for a traditional polysynth behavior.

But setting them up differently can be fun and you can do that on the OB 4-voice, Mono/Poly, even the (gulp) Timber Wolf.
Old 26th September 2017
Deleted User
Everytime Timbre Wolf gets mentioned, an angel gets its wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
But setting them up differently can be fun and you can do that on the OB 4-voice, Mono/Poly, even the (gulp) Timber Wolf.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search