The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Model D
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
Halo world, how can I do a velocity cutoff filter effect?

I want it to when I play a melodic line I would hear velocity affecting the filter cut off.. I was able to do this on the Bass Station 2 very well and it sounds smashing.

thank you.
Cv OCD is about 80quid, excellent item. 12 gate outs plus a bunch of 4 cv, converts midi messages etc to cv, configurable depending on your needs as a user kabooooom

Cool box too and doesn't need Eurorack power so it's plug n play

Here's a https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/cv-ocd/. I'm sure there are shops in your country that sell them too
Old 19th October 2019
vlz
Lives for gear

Just looked it up
https://six4pix.net/product/cvocd/

more or less same price of the Doepfer A190-2,
but looks better and is standalone. Interesting.
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear
My warranty replacement Boog arrived yesterday. Right at 30days later, door to door.

FWIW

Looks/works great. Seems to be a new unit, even came with two patch cables.

That's aboot as good as warranty service gets, all things considered.
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Nut

I have an issue with my Model D that I am hoping you can help with. When triggering notes via MIDI, the Model D responds just fine. Note on and off trigger immediately, and the sound is exactly as expected. Just for giggles, I tried using cv/gate to trigger a note. I attached a eurorack cable from the CV out of the controller to the OSC1V/OCT jack. I attached another cable from the controller gate out to the LC Gate input. I could hear the note, but it was very low volume, the VCA envelope seemed to respond very slowly, the the pitch was about two octaves higher than it should be. I tried another controller and got the same results. I then tried the two controllers into a Neutron. They both trigger the Neutron correctly. So I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the gate or cv on the Model D. The good news is that MIDI works fine, so it is usable. I just wonder if there is something I need to do the the gate of cv values from the controllers to make it work with the Model D.
Old 24th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1200gs View Post
I have an issue with my Model D that I am hoping you can help with. When triggering notes via MIDI, the Model D responds just fine. Note on and off trigger immediately, and the sound is exactly as expected. Just for giggles, I tried using cv/gate to trigger a note. I attached a eurorack cable from the CV out of the controller to the OSC1V/OCT jack. I attached another cable from the controller gate out to the LC Gate input. I could hear the note, but it was very low volume, the VCA envelope seemed to respond very slowly, the the pitch was about two octaves higher than it should be. I tried another controller and got the same results. I then tried the two controllers into a Neutron. They both trigger the Neutron correctly. So I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the gate or cv on the Model D. The good news is that MIDI works fine, so it is usable. I just wonder if there is something I need to do the the gate of cv values from the controllers to make it work with the Model D.
Is the Filter contour envelope in effect? If so, you'd need to trigger that one as well.
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Nut

That worked. I fed the gate out to FC and LC inputs. Thanks for your help with this.
Old 30th October 2019
Here for the gear

Anyone know if the newer firmwares make retrigger mode more reliable? I just got mine and seems like if you play notes legato then they retrigger just fine, but if you play notes very quickly without holding any key down it fails to retrigger pretty often.

It's strange because it works 100% of the time if you're holding a key down while pressing another, so how could it be related to note ons/offs being too close to each other? And if I trigger it with a sequencer that has gate length set to around 75%, that also works fine... so there's an in-between zone that buggers it up.
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

we're on page 303!!!!
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
we're on page 303!!!!
Ooh spooky. If only this was a 303 thread
Old 2nd November 2019
Gear Nut

Is it possible to get voyager sounds out of this bad boy? I'm talking those slick, smooth, massive bass sounds that sound like cream
Old 2nd November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChayaFFM View Post
Is it possible to get voyager sounds out of this bad boy?
Some of them.

Quote:
I'm talking those slick, smooth, massive bass sounds that sound like cream
Anything that copies the original Minimoog well, should be able to sound smoother and creamier than the Voyager.
Old 2nd November 2019
Gear Addict

I have both:
the Voyager has the smoother and creamier, and the Model D (like the Behringer D) the more brutal basic tone. Both have much in common (my Voyager has the slew rate mod to close most of the gap, which it does), but in the end both still have some basic soundcharacter left, which the other can't mimic 100%.
Old 3rd November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimknopf View Post
I have both:
the Voyager has the smoother and creamier, and the Model D (like the Behringer D) the more brutal basic tone. Both have much in common (my Voyager has the slew rate mod to close most of the gap, which it does), but in the end both still have some basic soundcharacter left, which the other can't mimic 100%.
Does the slew rate mode kill the bass? I remember reading that somewhere that slew rate and high resonance alters the way bass is reproduced.
Old 3rd November 2019
Lives for gear

Haha.
My "smoother and creamier than Voyager" comment was in the context of Chayas "massive bass" question.
Maybe we understand these descriptive words differently, but i will stand by what i said - Minimoog and BMD both can sound very smooth and creamy if you set it so (and more aggressive if you set it so).
Old 3rd November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Does the slew rate mode kill the bass? I remember reading that somewhere that slew rate and high resonance alters the way bass is reproduced.
No, the modification has not killed the bass at all.
If you want details, ask Rudi Linhard:
http://www.lintronics.de/
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Guru

Different strokes for different folks. MiniMoog doesn't sound creamy at all to me. I'd describe it as being...

fat.
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
fat.
You made me Google "minimoog" "creamy" to confirm my sanity.
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
fat.
Has there been any other research done into which 4 legged mammals turn into bipeds if you feed them enough?

It seems cruel, but i have to admit, it's fascinating work.
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHornBlower View Post
Has there been any other research done into which 4 legged mammals turn into bipeds if you feed them enough?

It seems cruel, but i have to admit, it's fascinating work.
It worked well for us hairless apes with vestigial tails.
Old 6th November 2019
Erratic pitch problems & very low audio

Got my Model about a month and a half ago and promptly registered it. Used it with midi for about a month which worked perfectly. Then I decided to run it through CV which also worked well. However after going back to midi, it would output very low sound (except for A440hz button) and the pitch was all over the place.

After some testing I found that the problem was the OSC1V/OCT 3.5 mm jack. Now if I insert a cable "partially" into this jack, the model works fine. However if it moves in the slightest, all of the other problems are right back.

I contacted the customer support and made a ticket days ago but have had any response back. I understand (from reading up to page 270 in this thread) that Behringer is reading these posts.

So Behringer could someone please help me out here?
Old 9th November 2019
Lives for gear

I was at the local GC this afternoon and they have the Model D for $219.95. Nice price
Old 9th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb415 View Post
I was at the local GC this afternoon and they have the Model D for $219.95. Nice price
Anyone there know what it is or how to work it?

Old 9th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfingaz123 View Post
Got my Model about a month and a half ago and promptly registered it. Used it with midi for about a month which worked perfectly. Then I decided to run it through CV which also worked well. However after going back to midi, it would output very low sound (except for A440hz button) and the pitch was all over the place.

After some testing I found that the problem was the OSC1V/OCT 3.5 mm jack. Now if I insert a cable "partially" into this jack, the model works fine. However if it moves in the slightest, all of the other problems are right back.

I contacted the customer support and made a ticket days ago but have had any response back. I understand (from reading up to page 270 in this thread) that Behringer is reading these posts.

So Behringer could someone please help me out here?
I think some of the units had wonky front panel jacks (I think the little springy bit that makes contact or the bit that breaks contact of the normaled circuit gets bent out of the way... You could probably fix it yourself with a dental pick or something to get in there and bend the thing, but why bother... it's covered, and that's just a guess anyway).

My Boog was purchased last February. And a few months ago I experienced similar problems with the main Output jack.

I emailed support, had a brief exchange over a day or three, was given an RMA, and I mailed it to some Service Center in Georgia (the state, not the country).

Approximately 30days later a brand new Boog arrived at my door, with a couple of patchcables thrown in.

A touch inconvenient but otherwise easy.

I only paid to ship it to their Service Center.

And fwiw I only mailed the eurorackable part, not the case or power supply or anything else. Twas a smaller/lighter package and cheaper to send it that way... I just wrote the RMA # on the package and mailing label and they sorted out the reat as I'd already shown them proof of purchase during the email exchange.

Good luck.

They'll answer. It took a few days. I think I was emailing with a European on their hours, even though I'm in the US and was directed to send it to the stateside Service Center, but that's just a guess.

Was easy, regardless, but with brief delays.
Old 9th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Anyone there know what it is or how to work it?

That guy works Tues and Thurs 1:00-5:00. Probably.

It’s one of the smaller GCs, I wouldn’t last there a week. So many loud out of tune ******s.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Best MIDI Controller for Behringer Model-D?

Can anyone recommend the best MIDI Controller for a Behringer Model-D? I have a Arturia Minibrute, a Korg R-3 and a Korg Minilogue. Just wondering if one would be better than the others> Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by franks2050 View Post
Can anyone recommend the best MIDI Controller for a Behringer Model-D? I have a Arturia Minibrute, a Korg R-3 and a Korg Minilogue. Just wondering if one would be better than the others> Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
The Model D just recognize note, pitch bend and modulation and nothing else in MIDI. The rest is CV. So maybe a CV controller.

X
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I currently play mine from Yamaha DSR-2000. It does the job
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by franks2050 View Post
As xavierbzh, notes, MOD and pitch bend cover everything it can do over MIDI, other than changing some settings, like note priority. So, any keyboard with a Mod wheel a pitch bend wheel covers it.

To go beyond that, you could use a controller with knobs or sliders that can send CCs, then a MIDI->CV converter... options on using more CVs are fairly limited though, unless you expand it as a modular system providing things like alternative filters, extra oscillators, sample and hold, and so on.

But, yes, the simpler answer is just a MOD wheel and a pitch bend wheel covers it, really.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Walked into a GC and surprised they were selling these little guys brand new for $219. Not advertised online as such so thought worth mentioning in case anyone was on the fence.

Remarkable little instruments.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Walked into a GC and surprised they were selling these little guys brand new for $219. Not advertised online as such so thought worth mentioning in case anyone was on the fence.

Remarkable little instruments.
Damn. I might pick up another one.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search