The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Model D
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Behringer Model D (Boog) for $208?

I can hardly believe it myself. At the original price of $300, or even the later $330 it was a steal, but $208?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...og-synthesizer
Old 4 weeks ago
Already mentioned in the existing Behringer Model D thread.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The Neutron is that low too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Soon available in an assortment pack like sticks of gum or stocking stuffer snacks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Finally got to see and try one today after all this time.
First thing - I was really surprised how small (compact) the physical size was.
About the size of those Roland boutiques. For some reason, I thought it would be bigger.
Everything seemed snug, knobs felt tight - no wobblies, sound was good, just like what I was expecting.
Great value for the price they're going for.
I didn't get it, but it'll be in the back of my mind for a while, I'm sure.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
I didn't get it, but it'll be in the back of my mind for a while, I'm sure.
Maybe try the Neutron too - but read up a bit on how to defeat the default routing, or you won't make much sense of it, in a short session.

It took me about 20-30 minutes to work out what the hell was going on, when I got mine - and i did already have a modular synth.

That's an experience a few people have reported - and probably many more were too embarrassed to admit it

It's a great synth for the money though, and personally, I find it more versatile and interesting to play with, than the Model D. Both are great value, of course.

Ideally, you need to involve some patch leads. They come with a few, but there's no saying a shop would have them around for demoing. Quite probably not.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the donal View Post
It's a wonderful synth and will give you more and more as you experiment.

I have a similar dilemma- though cash is my main grip right now (job hunting and income is VERY slow at the mo and the guitar teaching plan is taking a while to get going). That said- many more synths and I'll have to add another OctaPre to my setup (already close to full on 18 inputs). And there are so many boxes of sonic joy on the way!

I understand.. I have 2 more USB Aira links available and 2 more analog inputs on the Roland MX1. As a guy thing lol, we like to fille'm up. Problem for me? I ran out of outlets lol lol. Anyway, I I truly have all the tools to create tunes and I have been.. The computer is now the sampler(RENOISE), we have a drum machine TR8, Elektron A4 which is 4 synths in one box and the sequencer gives us that extra style, Access Virus TI2 which is like this rompler because it's 16 multi's and the internal presets are crazy good and now with the addition of the BOOG, I now can have those Depeche style basses. But? the Analog Four is crazy good on bass too.. I kind of regret getting a BOOG because I have a complete setup for what I need. the thing that made me get it was, I bought the BOOG for 217.00.. I mean, wowwww.. I was going to get the NEutron too at 208.00. This is crazy.

WHen the PRO 1 comes out, temptation island again.. When the Ody comes out in December, I will be tested.. When the Crave synth sequencer comes out? Oh my.. When the K2 comes out? Gosh..

Freaking BEHRINGER crack..lol..

I remember when people were laughing and posting harsh re: Behringer products when they were not making synths yet.. Now it seems they are about to take over.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
First thing - I was really surprised how small (compact) the physical size was.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
i'm sorry I have dirty mind.. two inches lol.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Damn kids - get off my lawn.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I picked up a Neutron on sale and am thinking about another purchase. Should i get a Model D, or a second Neutron and chain them?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Methinks sooner or later patched up "circuit bent" or "modded" disaters are going to surface. There might be a time when buyers need to insist on a good quality photo of the internal circuit boards to see of there has been any butchery.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
It's ok, I now know how to start from scratch..
Someone linked you patch sheets above.
There is one more option though.
Download some Minimoog soft synths (free and demos).
And just copy their settings to your BMD.
Old 4 weeks ago
< threads merged >
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Someone linked you patch sheets above.
There is one more option though.
Download some Minimoog soft synths (free and demos).
And just copy their settings to your BMD.
If you have an older iPad, there are 500 patches in Arturia's $10 iMini app. Newer iPad's can get 160 patches with Moog's own Model D app.

Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I got my Boog back from "repair" today.

MIDI note gates were causing the tuning to go flat.
Amp env release turned up > note held down = pitch > note off = jump to audibly higher pitch (a few cents) > note on = return to lower pitch.

I bought my Boog from GuitarGuitar so I returned it to them for warranty repair/replacement. It seems that they then sent it to Behringer who worked on it and returned it to GuitarGuitar who sent it back to me.

The problem HAS NOT been fixed .

As far as I can see from the checklist that came back in the box, a standard set of function tests has been performed and my detailed fault report seems to have been totally ignored.

I've been exited by the new machines coming out from Behringer and was planning on, at a minimum, buying the Pro-1 and at least one of the drum machines. Now I'm not sure that I want to give them any more money.

Prices don't look so good if the products are only partially functional and faults are ignored on warranty returns.

Edit: also they kept the euro>UK plug adaptor so I had to dig out a flakier one to test the unit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by varntvar View Post
I've been exited by the new machines coming out from Behringer and was planning on, at a minimum, buying the Pro-1 and at least one of the drum machines. Now I'm not sure that I want to give them any more money.
I know that feeling. After buying my third Behringer synth in a year, I found out about the need to register it in 90 days, to get the three year extended warranty I'd been led to believe I was getting.

I never did get it on the first one I bought - the Boog, because it was past that already. At the time, that rule was NOT well publicised. I like to think my complaining about it here has helped a few people avoid the same trap.

So, yes, great products, truly fantastic value, but when it comes to looking after customers...

I went from all out enthusiasm for buying more, whatever there might be, to thinking "Feck 'em. Other companies deserve my money more".
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just got a D and trying to update the firmware. 1.0.6 is installed. I start the SynthTool, it finds new software, I get the Loading message, but then an error about the network failing. No good if I disable my firewall either.

Any ideas?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

does this price drop mean a stock clearance and that they will terminate production? or are they not moving as fast as predicted? what's going on?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
does this price drop mean a stock clearance and that they will terminate production? or are they not moving as fast as predicted? what's going on?
Usually, in such a short time since the product's release, it means that there is a huge demand and the company can save even more money by ordering a lot more components, cheaper.

Also, I believe that something similar happens to most of their other currently available synths too, so, it might be an advantage for the consumers, when a company decides to produce so many different devices which share lots of the same components.

No price drop for Model D in Europe though..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
Possibly a number of factors, but maybe just trying to grab a bigger share of the budget synth market.

The DeepMind series dropped in price considerably, which put the DeepMind 6 in a similar price bracket to the Minilogue, for example, giving Korg some stiff competition.

The promised K2 is expected to be considerably cheaper than a Korg MS2 Mini. Maybe in a year or two, it will be cheaper still.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHornBlower View Post
Possibly a number of factors, but maybe just trying to grab a bigger share of the budget synth market.

The DeepMind series dropped in price considerably, which put the DeepMind 6 in a similar price bracket to the Minilogue, for example, giving Korg some stiff competition.

The promised K2 is expected to be considerably cheaper than a Korg MS2 Mini. Maybe in a year or two, it will be cheaper still.
Expected? It is already cheaper (available to purchase)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Possibly a number of factors, ...
possibly also to be attractive where there are more homegrown manufacturers
(namely the original.. :-/ ) of analogue.

on a side-note: was scavenging some pots off an old mixer this morning, heavy duty PCBs, all old style manufacturing ... thinking about how much waste and weight is going on there.

Last edited by whatever17; 3 weeks ago at 07:13 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseallah View Post
Expected? It is already cheaper (available to purchase)
I've only seen it available to pre-order.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've only seen it available to pre-order.
Thomann seem to think they have stock
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thomann seem to think they have stock
That makes sense. I guess they're nearest to the source - unless you count China.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
That makes sense. I guess they're nearest to the source - unless you count China.
You hail from accross the pond then?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

@ varntvar

I received 2 faulty Moog GrandMothers from GuiterGuitar - Glasgow
The initial one had a faulty noise generator, and the replacement developed a noisey cutoff potentiometer after a few months, - probably loose carbon within the drum.

~ love to ALL, feel no hate ~
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
You hail from accross the pond then?
Not the big one - just the channel. I live in that crappy little part of Europe that might not be part of Europe for much longer.

You may know it as Not So Great Britain, or The Disunited Kingdom.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not the big one - just the channel. I live in that crappy little part of Europe that might not be part of Europe for much longer.

You may know it as Not So Great Britain, or The Disunited Kingdom.
A fellow countryman. Yes, shame about the <deleted by moderator> It used to be the Greatest of all Britains, now it's just Britain :(

Last edited by Reptil; 3 weeks ago at 01:09 PM.. Reason: politics
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search