The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Model D
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHornBlower View Post
Does that bypass the octave switches for the VCOs?

I haven't tried CV pitch control.
I doesn't bypass any octave switch, but I play bass with my Boog and I need to go low. Anybody know who sells Y cables that are not very expensive. I live in Norway...That's in Europe.
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam Solo View Post
I doesn't bypass any octave switch, but I play bass with my Boog and I need to go low. Anybody know who sells Y cables that are not very expensive. I live in Norway...That's in Europe.
you should look on amazon, there is a UK company called kenable who are very very reasonable on cost and make pretty much any cable you desire
Old 12th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Does that bypass the octave switches for the VCOs?

I haven't tried CV pitch control.
No, that would prevent you from playing any patch where the oscillators are not set to the same octave.
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Guru

Might have to go into the software and adjust the CV output there. I know it was that way with the Beatstep Pro.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear
Having to send a Boog in for service, was bought new in February. It has quit making sounds, but seems fine otherwise.

Am in US. Have to mail it to Georgia (the State, not the Country). This will be interesting. My first Behringer warranty experience.

I'm curious to see how long it takes and what the whole process is like. Will send off next week and report back as things progress.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

oooohhhhhhh mine is arriving on Tuesday. My first Moog sound synth.

It will be sequenced by the best step sequencer I ever use called RENOISE
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
oooohhhhhhh mine is arriving on Tuesday. My first Moog sound synth.

It will be sequenced by the best step sequencer I ever use called RENOISE
since the boog doesn't respond to midi cc msges sequencing it analog with cv/ gate is more fun than jus over midi , imo
Old 17th September 2019
Here for the gear

Sweetwater has the Model D marked down to $208.00 USD. These are going to be discontinued are they?
Old 17th September 2019
Don't know. Neutrons have been marked down similarly. Behringer might just have plenty of them to sell.
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Orange View Post
Sweetwater has the Model D marked down to $208.00 USD. These are going to be discontinued are they?
no, it has passed its peak in sales and new models are due but there are people who did not buy - this is called targeting and is normal activity for the manufacturer
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Nut

Wow. $208 for a brand new Model D. So this isn't a short term sale?
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
no, it has passed its peak in sales and new models are due but there are people who did not buy - this is called targeting and is normal activity for the manufacturer

Ok, I was going to pick that up but the gentleman said, with tax it's better to get it brand new.

I got mine last night and hey hey hey, this is a solid kit here. Feel those knobs(you perv lol).

I never played with a Moog Model D ever before. I've seen them but not play them. Now I get it why people like them.. I can hear my fav rave records twisting knobs it's insane.

I don't know how to program it yet lol.. I tried to create a bass but I suck at it for now lol.

But OMG, it's a fantastic synth. Where was Behringer in 1992? when I was 15.
Old 19th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedealman View Post
Wow. $208 for a brand new Model D. So this isn't a short term sale?
Cant say for sure, but it seems possible that its a permanent price drop. The Behringer DM 12 started at $1000 and is now $700, a 30% drop. The Neutron and Model D sold for $300 and are now $210, also a 30% drop. It seems likely that they have already sold a boatload of these at full price and now can drop the price to spur sales.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Maniac

that is a hell of a deal. I'm tempted to buy one, as a portable backup to the real thing

I think Behringer should make a special limited edition version, only available April 1st, and only in green

call it the Booger

:D
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Maniac

At the Guitar Center 'pop up' shop at Moog Fest in May this year, they were selling the Behringer Model D for $200 and the Neuron for $230, if i recall correctly.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Guru

Jeez, these sales are ridiculous. I'm tempted to grab a second one of each. Not because I need them or even want them, but just because. It's too insane a deal to pass up.
Old 19th September 2019
Here for the gear
No such discounts in the UK... I guess 'cause tanking GBP...
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Jeez, these sales are ridiculous. I'm tempted to grab a second one of each. Not because I need them or even want them, but just because. It's too insane a deal to pass up.
3 or 4 chained model D would be nice
@ $600-800
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia View Post
No such discounts in the UK... I guess 'cause tanking GBP...
Isn't discounted in euro either
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

halo world, I've looked in the manual.. How does one initialize a patch from scratch?
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
halo world, I've looked in the manual.. How does one initialize a patch from scratch?

It's always from "scratch" or rather...the sound you get is based on how the knobs are turned, so if you left it sounding like a 90's gangster-rap whistle, it sounds like that when next you turn it on (after a 10-15 min warm-up time).
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Turn the knobs till you like what you hear. Take a photo on your phone to save the settings.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
In case you are not kidding.
This is an analog synth with no memory, there is no such thing as an init patch, unless you set it yourself.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
In case you are not kidding.
This is an analog synth with no memory, there is no such thing as an init patch, unless you set it yourself.

You're right. I remember owning the Minibrute and I remember there was no initialize on that one.. I owned it 4 years ago.. I have owned analogs but they did have memory like the BS2, Matrixbrute, Analog Four and I can all initialize them..

It's ok, I now know how to start from scratch..
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
It's ok, I now know how to start from scratch..
Here's a couple of patch book links, from earlier in the thread:

... and here's a video to accompany the second one, by Synthmania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_FKXtwqJoQ
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here's a couple of patch book links, from earlier in the thread:

... and here's a video to accompany the second one, by Synthmania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_FKXtwqJoQ

thank you Andy, I downloaded the books and I will use them..

I like the BOOG.. All I did last night was twist this, switch that, twist this, etc. I got a lot of these sweet spots.. That filter is amazing.. Jeesshhh..

No wonder Moog patented it..
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
thank you Andy, I downloaded the books and I will use them..
No problem. I must go back over those myself. It's interesting to see what other people came up with.

I see someone has added an index to the Synthmania video, in the comments, since I last looked. That's useful.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam Solo View Post
It's always from "scratch" or rather...the sound you get is based on how the knobs are turned, so if you left it sounding like a 90's gangster-rap whistle, it sounds like that when next you turn it on (after a 10-15 min warm-up time).

I've learned a lot from these posts the last hour or so.. .. Thanks mates. I'm new to the BOOG programming..

One thing I'm really impressed are those tight tight knobs my goodness.

Funny, it's the cheapest synth I ever bought ever yet it's the best bass synth and can do more.. Unbelievable Behringer my favorite synth company these days and Arturia and Roland and Elektron..

Sadly I don't have room anymore for the K2, Pro 1, Crave and Odyssey... Ahhhhh Ughhh.. Those are the synths to complete my analog wants.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftucker View Post
Remember the old days?

"Nothing personal, but some people still want better than good. At these low prices, Behringer is cutting a lot of corners. Anyone expecting a Moog D clone out of this is going to be disappointed. This synth is targeted for entry level players.... at the end of the day it's going to be a cheap synth."

I am not disappointed. In fact, I am considering buying a second. He was right about one thing. It is "a cheap synth!"
I just sold my Model D Reissue in favor of the BOOG. Prefer the form factor and I made a HUGE cash windfall. I can’t fault the D for sound. Yes, the fine-tuning of OSCs is a bit more finicky but not worth the 10x+ difference in price.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've learned a lot from these posts the last hour or so.. .. Thanks mates. I'm new to the BOOG programming..

One thing I'm really impressed are those tight tight knobs my goodness.

Funny, it's the cheapest synth I ever bought ever yet it's the best bass synth and can do more.. Unbelievable Behringer my favorite synth company these days and Arturia and Roland and Elektron..

Sadly I don't have room anymore for the K2, Pro 1, Crave and Odyssey... Ahhhhh Ughhh.. Those are the synths to complete my analog wants.
It's a wonderful synth and will give you more and more as you experiment.

I have a similar dilemma- though cash is my main grip right now (job hunting and income is VERY slow at the mo and the guitar teaching plan is taking a while to get going). That said- many more synths and I'll have to add another OctaPre to my setup (already close to full on 18 inputs). And there are so many boxes of sonic joy on the way!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search