The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Model D
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinavin View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Did you see this..by Kevin Nolan, from another forum..I am drooling:

The user who put this up was Broadwave, BTW, not Nolan.
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Addict

help

hi guys , ive got a prob with my Behringer model D - when i plug it into logic x its just running a constant lfo / drone - no break in signal. Up until last night it had been fine , love it. Then today - all it does is make a drone sound. I have looked on behringers website and they only offer a windows firmware update. But I am on a Mac.

Can anyone give me any tips ? thanks
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
hi guys , ive got a prob with my Behringer model D - when i plug it into logic x its just running a constant lfo / drone - no break in signal. Up until last night it had been fine , love it. Then today - all it does is make a drone sound. I have looked on behringers website and they only offer a windows firmware update. But I am on a Mac.

I doubt that it's firmware related. Can you hear it correctly if you plug your headphones directly into the synth? If so, then I'd check the USB cable. And did you fiddle with anything just before bed?
Old 14th April 2018
Just to keep everyone up to date on my broken on/off switch as I know its got many subscribed to this thread just to hear the outcome....

Well as Sweatywater dont have anymore units theyve told me to keep this one until new units come in, then theyll send me a new unit and shipping label for the old one...10 outta 10 for customer service
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey S View Post
I doubt that it's firmware related. Can you hear it correctly if you plug your headphones directly into the synth? If so, then I'd check the USB cable. And did you fiddle with anything just before bed?
thanks for your reply as im at a loose end - last night it was working fine. The only thing that ive done is today just before i turned it on , i plugged in a moog slim phatty and then an alias 8 mixing desk which recently has been turned off. The moog is also playing up , not making any sound ( i recently had this prob and after updating firmware it did not re occur ) - today when i updated the firmware on the moog it worked for a bit before stopping again - although it does recieve midi as its flashing.

My concern was somehow the bug in the moog got passed over to the model d , i dont know if thats possible.

its a real pity because i was really getting on well with the Boog - i may have to return it. It is a fantastic synth still.
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Logic can get stuck notes pretty easily. Just double click the little Midi In in the transport window. It sends a panic message and resets midi.
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell View Post
Logic can get stuck notes pretty easily. Just double click the little Midi In in the transport window. It sends a panic message and resets midi.
thanks i will give that a go right now.

the only other thing i can think of i plugged in an expressive touche last night into the cut cv input for the first time - the expressive touche has not been used before turning into an expensive paperweight... but it worked ok. didnt know if that had somehow damaged it.

going to try your trick now - keep fingers crossed.
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Head

This is what I ended up doing with my new Behringer Model D.

I added a few goodies including a Pulp Logic breath controller, Erica Pico DSP, and a Roland Demora...It is soooooo good sounding and ever so expressive with that breath controller!

It's nice eye candy as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Model D-behringer-mini-model-d.png  
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

Sounds more like a logic problem than a synth problem. Do you have any other DAW you can try with? Does it still do it if you don't have it connected to your computer?
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn7 View Post
This is what I ended up doing with my new Behringer Model D.

I added a few goodies including a Pulp Logic breath controller, Erica Pico DSP, and a Roland Demora...It is soooooo good sounding and ever so expressive with that breath controller!

It's nice eye candy as well!
no way , that is awesome
Old 14th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
no way , that is awesome
Yep! It really is amazing.

I want to once again thank Uli and his company for making this beast as well as all the other synths in the works!

By the way I used to be a sound designer and did work for Ensoniq, as well as 3rd party support for Roland and Korg, and have owned many of the old synths of yesteryear including a Moog model D...and I like my new mini even better than my old one!

Last edited by jcn7; 14th April 2018 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: adding a thumnail pic
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb View Post
Hi all,

I've had my Boog for about a month, I suppose. I'm very impressed with it; it sounds great and is surprisingly solidly built.

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone is using their Boog in a Eurorack case. I would very much like to do this, but the claimed power consumption of 1 amp makes this impossible.

Can anyone confirm whether it really needs a whole amp?

D.

PS if this really is the case, I have a second power supply (a Tiptop uZeus) that I could mount in my Doepfer case just for the Model D. Are there any issues involved with using two power supplies in a single system?
@ Derp has his mounted in his wall of eurorack cases but IIRC he's just using the supplied PS and not eurorack power.
Old 15th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn7 View Post
Yep! It really is amazing.

I want to once again thank Uli and his company for making this beast as well as all the other synths in the works!

By the way I used to be a sound designer and did work for Ensoniq...
Let me add another adjective: Beautiful! Especially in a rack like that. Did you do the woodworking?

And thank you for your informed endorsement. I haven't bought a Model D yet but I will soon. Just saving up "couch change."

Old 15th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bftucker View Post
Let me add another adjective: Beautiful! Especially in a rack like that. Did you do the woodworking?

And thank you for your informed endorsement. I haven't bought a Model D yet but I will soon. Just saving up "couch change."

The wood case is one I bought a number of years ago for some of my Eurorack. I believe it was made by Make Noise and was designed to be a skiff for shallow depth control modules. It works amazingly well for something like the Model D. In fact this housing is much better than my old original Minimoog...which I sold many years ago.

I personally think that Uli's idea to make these new mono synths in the "Euro" style format is genius. The Model D is also built solid and once again I must say that it sounds beautiful. It's been a real joy to play and has "that" sound that I have been looking for and honestly have not found in Euroland until now.

Thanks Uli and your team/teams for creating these wonderful instruments.

Also a big thanks to Pulp Logic for making their breath control module...it makes playing the model D a real joy and allows me to play it like an acoustic instrument.

Great stuff!!!
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Guitar Center/Musician's Friend due back in stock in June. Any ETA for Sweetwater having them?
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Guitar Center/Musician's Friend due back in stock in June. Any ETA for Sweetwater having them?
end of may is what my rep told me.
Old 17th April 2018
Yup end of May I was told too.
Old 17th April 2018
Here for the gear

Ahh, this info is so much more up to date. I put in a pre-order with Sweetwater two weeks ago and at the time my rep said maybe one month?

I was hoping that they were going to get a batch in like Guitar Center did.

Oh well, I have plenty of other synths to play in the meantime.
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Nut
This is the best mono- I've played! I love it! The only thing extra I'd like is velocity sensitivity. What's the cheapest MIDI-CV box that I could use to add velocity to filter and amp? I have a Prophet 12 but I don't think it outputs CV. I don't own any Eurorack stuff.
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Behringer Model D-behringer-model-d.jpg

I finally got mine

I need to search through my box of wall warts and see if I have a 12V 1A power supply. I'm sure I do - until then, it is being a bit of eye candy
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Model D-behringer-model-d.jpg  
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

yo ranzee, we're pleased to see you finally got your Boog, but what's the thing with the PSU? Wrong plug?
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

If you do have a wallwart you need to also check that it is the correct polarity.
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin View Post
If you do have a wallwart you need to also check that it is the correct polarity.
I'm sure Ranzee will check this.

But then again, we've all been there
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFunk View Post
yo ranzee, we're pleased to see you finally got your Boog, but what's the thing with the PSU? Wrong plug?
I got a US PSU, need an Australian one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin View Post
All good - polarity checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mralbert View Post
I'm sure Ranzee will check this.

But then again, we've all been there

---

So, I ended up using a clip in on the brick - I had another wall wart with the exact same clip-in. I've emailed Behringer asking them to send me one. Most manufacturers send you a bag with 3 or 4 changeable plug ends - but this one just had the US one only.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
I got a US PSU, need an Australian one.

All good - polarity checked

---

So, I ended up using a clip in on the brick - I had another wall wart with the exact same clip-in. I've emailed Behringer asking them to send me one. Most manufacturers send you a bag with 3 or 4 changeable plug ends - but this one just had the US one only.
Grey import will eventually come home to bite you.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Usually with an international product, there is a check list on the end of the box to indicate what mains power plug has been fitted to the enclosed power supply. I know Beh. use this technique so maybe this process hasn't been set up yet. Maybe Beh just shipped as many units as possible... who knows.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Or maybe a box destined for the states got accidentally sent to oz
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

No, I bought it from Sweetwater and knew that I'd be getting a US supply, I'm not complaining about Behringer at all they're great!

Just asked them if it was possible ..
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
No, I bought it from Sweetwater and knew that I'd be getting a US supply, I'm not complaining about Behringer at all they're great!

Just asked them if it was possible ..
Wow. I bet shipping was a bit steep. Anyway, enjoy your new toy.
Old 18th April 2018
Gear Addict

As of today we have now produced over 10,000 Model D's but we still have another 15,000 to go. With the rate the orders are coming in, we're not even sure by when we will be able to catch up.

I like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your amazing support as many of you have helped in the design of this synth marvel.
Some of you might still remember how we went through 3 design cycles and added features many of your requested. The history is actually all in this thread.

Delivering products that make a difference in our customers' lives is the sole purpose why we exist.
Trust me when I say that the team has been working their butts off to make you happy. So proud of the team!

What a ride...

Uli
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Model D-model-d-1.jpg   Behringer Model D-model-d-2.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search