The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is the Polyend Seq worth $999 USD?
Old 5th April 2018
Gear Nut

That’s been promised in the next update, due in May, I think...
Old 21st May 2018
Gear Head

Speaking of the Misa and the Poly Seq.. is there software out there that
displays steps like they do?

Something that can display 8 to 16 tracks at once with unlimited steps?
Sequence everything via midi, etc.

I love the Poly seq interface but the price is tough to swallow.
Old 21st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by malice95 View Post
Speaking of the Misa and the Poly Seq.. is there software out there that
displays steps like they do?

Something that can display 8 to 16 tracks at once with unlimited steps?
Sequence everything via midi, etc.

I love the Poly seq interface but the price is tough to swallow.
Tough indeed, but for my needs it's perfect. The only regret I have is not having it sooner.
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Maniac
I got the seq today and really profited from your comments here,thx for that!
One question which I couldn't find an answer to is, how do I get a drum pattern, which is in Ableton recorded to the seq? I tried just hitting record but nothing arrives, if I enable sync in Ableton the seq starts and stops with Ableton but arming the seq and then hitting play in Ableton changes the seq also to play.

Background info: I wanted to spruce up existing patterns which I was too lazy to do by mouse before
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato View Post
Tough indeed, but for my needs it's perfect. The only regret I have is not having it sooner.
Nice, yeah sequencers like these are awesome. Glad there are a few companies making multiple x0x rowed sequencers. I have one of them and price tags such as this is totally worth it imo.
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Is it possible to tap out a rhythm on SEQ in realtime, kinda like that solo pad on TR-8S? thanks
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

The poly seq looks fabulous for sure.. just a little surprised that no comments related to the Deluge in the thread?.. I mean, ignore the sampler, sample playback and synth, (and definitely ignore the fx), but the sequencer is very capable.

16 midi parts, no polyphony limit, 16*8 grid, polyrhythmic, parameter locks, no track limit, sections, and a new arranger mode coming soon.. its solid for sequencer alone.

and its tiny...
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post
The poly seq looks fabulous for sure.. just a little surprised that no comments related to the Deluge in the thread?.. I mean, ignore the sampler, sample playback and synth, (and definitely ignore the fx), but the sequencer is very capable.

16 midi parts, no polyphony limit, 16*8 grid, polyrhythmic, parameter locks, no track limit, sections, and a new arranger mode coming soon.. its solid for sequencer alone.

and its tiny...
They're very different besides the grid similarities. I bought both at the same time and the Deluge just wasn't what I was looking for. Still trying to sell mine.

For those looking for Seq functionality, this is pretty much it in these very short instructional videos (playlist):

Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Thx,
Have to admit the seq looks beautiful... but I just can't get to accept its limitations..
No step modulation, 32 step limit, 8 track limit..which all seem to be mono?.. the idea of playing piano in and using 6-7 tracks doesn't leave much left ...lol

Sure the deluge is several classes down in build quality..(mine doesn't even sit flat on the desk), also has a quirky interface targeted at left handed folk only..lol, but sequencer wise functionally it is a powerhouse compared to the seq..

Bit of a shame really.. that seq would look so much better on my desk..lol

Quote:
They're very different besides the grid similarities. I bought both at the same time and the Deluge just wasn't what I was looking for. Still trying to sell mine.

For those looking for Seq functionality, this is pretty much it in these very short instructional videos (playlist):

Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post
Thx,
Have to admit the seq looks beautiful... but I just can't get to accept its limitations..
No step modulation, 32 step limit, 8 track limit..which all seem to be mono?.. the idea of playing piano in and using 6-7 tracks doesn't leave much left ...lol

Sure the deluge is several classes down in build quality..(mine doesn't even sit flat on the desk), also has a quirky interface targeted at left handed folk only..lol, but sequencer wise functionally it is a powerhouse compared to the seq..

Bit of a shame really.. that seq would look so much better on my desk..lol
I wish people would just watch the very short instructional videos or have a look at the very short (4 pages) manual.

1. You can program modulation via CC's per step. I don't need this personally as I would rather simply turn knobs in real-time, but I imagine many people are attracted to this.

2. You can use chords with the chord function. Personally I would rather use X-Fer Cthulu which works using one track if I needed to have chords on one track. I'm pretty fine with recording something in logic then just going over it again slaved to Logic. Works well for me.

3. It is 8 tracks of 32 steps visually at a time. But to say it's a 32 step limit is like saying the Elektron machines or Social Entropy Engine is a one track and 16 step limit. It is very simple to make chains, extending your sequence which can be later chained together to quickly make entire compositions. Very simple and easier/faster for me compared to the Elektron song mode (which I was also happy with).

4. Most people aren't using these types of sequencers to play piano parts. For that I'd just record it in Logic alongside the sequencer. But again, my intention is to use it in conjunction with a DAW when needed. Play to the strong points of both.

Ideally this is the perfect drum sequencer for a Vermona DRM1 Mk- because you have visual feedback for all the tracks at once and it's super fast and easy to program on it. But it's also super fast and easy to make tracks with or without drums in my experience. Previously I used Elektron machines to compose on (when not only in a DAW).

It's conceptually very different than the Deluge and there's no real overlap besides both having a grid. I thought the build quality of the Deluge I have (still need to sell the thing) is actually pretty good. Surprisingly so even.
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

Any owners able to report in on seq 2.x update?
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I wish people would just watch the very short instructional videos or have a look at the very short (4 pages) manual.

1. You can program modulation via CC's per step. I don't need this personally as I would rather simply turn knobs in real-time, but I imagine many people are attracted to this.

2. You can use chords with the chord function. Personally I would rather use X-Fer Cthulu which works using one track if I needed to have chords on one track. I'm pretty fine with recording something in logic then just going over it again slaved to Logic. Works well for me.

3. It is 8 tracks of 32 steps visually at a time. But to say it's a 32 step limit is like saying the Elektron machines or Social Entropy Engine is a one track and 16 step limit. It is very simple to make chains, extending your sequence which can be later chained together to quickly make entire compositions. Very simple and easier/faster for me compared to the Elektron song mode (which I was also happy with).

4. Most people aren't using these types of sequencers to play piano parts. For that I'd just record it in Logic alongside the sequencer. But again, my intention is to use it in conjunction with a DAW when needed. Play to the strong points of both.

Ideally this is the perfect drum sequencer for a Vermona DRM1 Mk- because you have visual feedback for all the tracks at once and it's super fast and easy to program on it. But it's also super fast and easy to make tracks with or without drums in my experience. Previously I used Elektron machines to compose on (when not only in a DAW).

It's conceptually very different than the Deluge and there's no real overlap besides both having a grid. I thought the build quality of the Deluge I have (still need to sell the thing) is actually pretty good. Surprisingly so even.
I'll give ya $tree.fiddy for it
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Head

can the polyend seq receive cc midi automations?
if i change the cutt off of a synth connected via midi in to seq, that changes can be recorded?

i want a new hardware sequencer,only sequencer, not a lot of stuff with seq( mpc live), dont want sampler,synth,etc.. and im thinking in this one..
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Not sure cause I don’t have it anymore, but I remember being able to send CC out from Seq to the receiving synth. I had the 2.0 beta at the time and the per-track tempo/multiplier was really cool.
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Maniac
btw I gave mine back after 2 weeks for a full refund, because neither me, nor 2 Music Store employees could get the thing to sync properly with Ableton, and I could neither record in sync from nor to it, also their support couldn't help. Got myself a Monome Grid 256 instead and am very happy with it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search