The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kurzweil K2000/K2500 differences in tone..
Old 7th September 2020
Gear Maniac
I love the K2500. I have the keyboard version and a rack version.

Old 7th September 2020
Deleted e86dc22
Are the live input cards rare ? this threads making me realise i need to use mine more
Old 7th September 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e86dc22 View Post
Are the live input cards rare ? this threads making me realise i need to use mine more
live mode comes just from having sampling I believe
Old 7th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gminorcoles View Post
live mode comes just from having sampling I believe
yup. And the right OS. Live mode wasn't in the early OS's.
Old 7th September 2020
Lives for gear

Here's a sampling option expansion card for the K2000:

https://reverb.com/item/32077331-kur...g-option-smp-k
Old 7th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psionic11 View Post
Here's a sampling option expansion card for the K2000:

https://reverb.com/item/32077331-kur...g-option-smp-k
It’s worth pointing out that the K2000 doesn’t have live mode in any form. That requires a K2500 or later with sampling option.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsOfLife View Post
MIDI SYSEX for samples (or MIDI SDS, technically) would be very slow, but it is doable. It's just a matter of how patient you are(n't).

The floppy drive can hold some samples, depending upon their size -- and what else is on the floppy, of course. If you've maxed out the sample RAM in the K2xxx, one floppy won't hold enough. You can split things over floppies, but you'll probably get tired of swapping floppies fairly quickly. And if one fails (and eventually, almost all floppy disks fail), you're out of luck in retrieving your sample -- and the probably the patch you based it upon.

Steve
It's not to bad a task to load ur own custom samples via floppy SCSI or Sysex on a Kurzweil K2k. Sure it's takes a little time but if you're able to you can do it beforehand for gig or a session or what have you then it certainly is doable that's what rehearsal is for right. 2mb of RAM maxxed out or not should be plenty enough for any kind of musical situation if you're crafty u can coax & squeeze alot of sound bytes out of that amount of RAM. If you're worried about faulty disks just make lots of backups they're must likely not all gonna fail (staying positive helps to) SCSI or Sysex is a great way to store patches,programs or sequences might be kinda slow for this day age but if you're short on setup time just give yourself the leeway to become more efficient at it so as to complete it in a manageable frame of parameters. Anything good that's worth doing is going take a little time even with flash memory and ultra-fast computers of the present day. I mean they did it with emulators and analog mods the size of refrigerators in the past of a bygone era with out any ROM blocks and very little rationed RAM. Having an adequate amount of preparation time is still a necessity not an option and shouldn't be a limitation for anyone with anykind of instrument even these days where time seems to be so precious. The probability of living in the past maybe more than just slight here but quoting the people at Kurzweil 'It's the Sound' that matters not the ease, portability or swiftness to produce it folks.
📝 Reply