The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer VP 330 Vocoder clone Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon Tyrell View Post
No, it's just Midi notes on/off , I've just tested. No modulation or bend too.

It's the original design so not a surprise.

Interesting : when plugged on a 5 octaves Midi, the 4 first octaves works (full polyphony ) and the last one plays on all keys the higher last note of the 4th octave.

Just little negative : the power cord is little short, but I understand it's a choice with that price, and it's standard so I've directly put a longer.
Deifying the shortcomings of the past. Oh well, hope everyone else has fun with them.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Just little negative : the power cord is little short, but I understand it's a choice with that price, and it's standard so I've directly put a longer.
I don't think it's a cost thing, because short power cables tend to be supplied with everything nowadays, so it may well be due to some regulation intended to protect us all by not having long cables that people can trip over, thereby ensuring that there are various extension cables with a big lumps on the floor that people are more likely to trip over. Alternatively, the regulation may be a power saving measure to prevent wasting 0.0005 picowatts of energy that could be lost in every 10cm of unnecessary extra cable, because as every good bureaucrat knows, an extension cable doesn't lose any energy at all due to the magic beurons that manufacturers infuse the conductive cores with.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Interesting : when plugged on a 5 octaves Midi, the 4 first octaves works (full polyphony ) and the last one plays on all keys the higher last note of the 4th octave.
It just plays the top C for all notes above its range? Repeating the last octave would have made more sense.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Addict

Does anyone know if Behringer will release a dedicated gig bag?
The one for the DM12 is great.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
It just plays the top C for all notes above its range? Repeating the last octave would have made more sense.
I'm no Behringer fanboy, but I'm willing to cut them some slack about the MIDI implementation on an instrument whose original Roland incarnation was designed quite a while before MIDI existed.
Old 16th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
The original have 4 octaves, and all is wired with components, as the midi is just basic on/off (and velocity if you activate it) I don't think this could be added without changing all design.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Nut

wheres best place to buy it in the uk ? need it right now
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinw View Post
Does anyone know if Behringer will release a dedicated gig bag?
The one for the DM12 is great.
Anything that fits a DM6 should do the job.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
wheres best place to buy it in the uk ? need it right now
Not much chance, Gear4music are showing end of April date and that appears to be the best at the moment.
Old 16th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukvoyager View Post
Not much chance, Gear4music are showing end of April date and that appears to be the best at the moment.
those dates the retailer provide are only estimates given to them by the distributor who gets those estimated dates from Behringer. what dates retailers give out (in the case of pre-orders) should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Old 16th April 2019
vlz
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The original have 4 octaves, and all is wired with components, as the midi is just basic on/off (and velocity if you activate it) I don't think this could be added without changing all design.
For sustain, you could filter out the note offs, could you not? If you have a computer in between that's just a simple piece of software.
Old 16th April 2019
Here for the gear

With full polyphony I don't plan to dead with a computer to do sustain, I'm just finishing the paint of my keys weights, more efficient and old school.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The O.S.A. are ready ! (Orange Sustain Assitant).

No computer involved
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer VP 330 Vocoder clone-img_20190418_100707_bokeh.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
vlz
Gear Maniac

Quote:

No computer involved
Video plz

by the way, how does the envelope work? Does it retrigger at each key down or just stay gated until the last key is lifted?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Video plz

by the way, how does the envelope work? Does it retrigger at each key down or just stay gated until the last key is lifted?
It stays gated
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just got email confirming mine has shipped from gear4music in the U.K.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbyroad View Post
Thanks, just seen that Gear4music have 20 in stock, Andertons order for May delivery now cancelled!
Old 4 weeks ago
DGL
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukvoyager View Post
Thanks, just seen that Gear4music have 20 in stock, Andertons order for May delivery now cancelled!
ORDERED!!!!!

Always wanted a decent vocoder, the one in the MINIAK is a bit crap and the one built in to the old Behringer DSP2024P is also not that great, the string part will be a nice addition and will probably now be my travelling keyboard.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbyroad View Post
Mine will hopefully be arriving 24/04 from Gear4music | Shop Music Equipment & Musical Instruments Although they originally emailed that delivery had been put back.
b.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric454 View Post
Mine will hopefully be arriving 24/04 from Gear4music | Shop Music Equipment & Musical Instruments Although they originally emailed that delivery had been put back.
b.
They were showing 20 in stock this morning with a delivery date 23 Aprill. I ordered mine and received confirmation of the order and delivery date.
Old 4 weeks ago
DGL
Gear Addict
Hopefully Tuesday for me as well, completely forgot that it was the Easter bank holiday weekend (despite working in the leisure industry and being run ragged today!) so hopefully they will be able to change my delivery from Saturday to next available day.

*UPDATE*
All changed, about £40 more than on G4M than ordering from Thomann and waiting though, the price of early access and no pre-order!

Last edited by DGL; 4 weeks ago at 11:15 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Any audio examples around, of the ensemble effect?

edit: That can be applied to audio in, right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimket View Post
Any audio examples around, of the ensemble effect?

edit: That can be applied to audio in, right?
I don't think that's possible. I haven't got one yet, but I don't see how you could achieve it without routing the sound you want the ensemble effect on into both the Ext Synth In and the Mic In at the same time - then it would process the same signal when you press a key down. But, I asked that before in regard to the original and someone said the results were not any good, although I wasn't specifically talking about using the ensemble.

I'd like to be wrong, but don't think I am.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Any of these making the shores of the new world yet?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

So how’s the hands on experience for those who’ve got theirs? I’m surprised to see no videos yet.

In particular, how’s the keybed?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtroost View Post
So how’s the hands on experience for those who’ve got theirs? I’m surprised to see no videos yet.

Quality is great and the keyboard is perfect.
But funnily, beside the lack of Sustain pedal input (my main grief), I also miss the additional octave of my original:you can’t play bass notes and strike a chord in the upper register...
On the other hand, this one is featherweight and very compact.
And it sounds great, they really nailed it
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon Tyrell
You need grey colour to do it like a pro Video from 0:35.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I’m surprised to see no videos yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I was surprised how good the keybed is and the whole keyboard is very handy and good quality. i cannot compare it to any vintage vp330 but it is fun to play.
For my personal taste the esemble effect could be a bit more intensive.
Old 4 weeks ago
DGL
Gear Addict
It's here
Just have to get it home.
Will hope to do an unboxing if my phone is not flat.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search