The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
May 2017 New Gear Thread
Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

May 2017 New Gear Thread

Haven't posted in one of these in quite a while.. but this one was a holy grail of mine, and the many years search is finally complete. Plus its my birthday month. My Fenix II finally has a little brother

Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Not nearly as slutty as Septik here...

I'm sick of futzing around with 1/4" to 1/8" cables. I know this is expensive for what it is, but for the sake of convenience, I bought one of these:

Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

With SQ-1. I had to, great synth and scored a sweet deal on it used. And... I got someone else to build it for me!
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Cyclone TT-303 on the way.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Not nearly as slutty as Septik here...

I'm sick of futzing around with 1/4" to 1/8" cables. I know this is expensive for what it is, but for the sake of convenience, I bought one of these:

Yeah but who is? We can't all be well paid models with girlfriends who think nothing of dropping $4K on a surprise OBX or whatever, it's an unrealistic standard to try to live up to.
Old 1st May 2017
Gear Maniac

Not a purchase, but I finished building a small utility module to divide the sync out from the DrumBrute into clock and start, then I extracted a reset signal (it's the inverse of the start signal: low when the DrumBrute is running, high when it's stopped) and, since I set up the DrumBrute to output a sync24 signal, I managed to divide it by 6 in order to output a pulse for each 1/16th (the Mother-32 also is set to sync24; I extracted the 1/16th pulse to be able to sync other things, in case I need it in future).

The divide circuit is built around a 4017 (I took that part of the module from the CGS36 Pulse Divider schematic).

Now my Mother-32 is not just synced to the DrumBrute, but also the sequence goes back to the beginning everytime I stop and restart the DrumBrute (so I don't have to remember to press reset each time on the Mother-32).
I added a switch for start, reset and 1/16th outputs so I can temporarily disconnect them without unplugging any cable (that's needed if I want to program/play the Mother-32 while the DrumDrute is stopped, or if I want to play the DrumBrute without starting the Mother-32).

The build is not that good, I didn't manage to do a very clean work (I did a few mistakes that I had to fix) and it's also a bit ghetto looking, but it does the job...
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-clock-module-front.jpg   May 2017 New Gear Thread-clock-module-back.jpg  
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Yeah but who is? We can't all be well paid models with girlfriends who think nothing of dropping $4K on a surprise OBX or whatever, it's an unrealistic standard to try to live up to.
I think Derp is actually a bit sluttier than me in the grand scheme of things, Xander ;p Maybe you haven't seen that guy's monster euro rig posts.

Plus I've been out of that game for a few years now. This is the first non-DIY thing I've acquired in over a year. I had to build about 20x O_C to afford it.

With that, I'll be the first to admit I was spoiled rotten circa 2012
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Maniac
Added a mint (brand new?) SQ-80 to the family. It arrived this morning. Cartidges, manual, floppies, both pedals. I've been waiting on a really good SQ-80 for a while. Happy!

Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear
Wow, nice find in that condition. Congrats!
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Old 2nd May 2017
Deleted 46dc28f
This arrives tomorrow

Edit: Don't buy one. I'm returning mine. Explanation here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12624692-post103.html

Last edited by Deleted 46dc28f; 14th May 2017 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Don't buy
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Seems around here to afford the best you either have to get into modelling young, survive getting blown up in a war and get a nice pension, or wait till old age and inherit something. Two minute noodle diet also works over a period of time.
Old 2nd May 2017
Found that thing at a flea market yesterday.
Seems to be an electronics experiment box from the 70s or 80s.
Has a speaker, so might be able to make some noise.
The seller told me he has at least one more suitcase, maybe two, with more modules and cables.
At least it will be a great studio decoration...

Cheers,
Bert
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-dsc02040.jpg  
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post

With SQ-1. I had to, great synth and scored a sweet deal on it used. And... I got someone else to build it for me!
I think I may have just ordered the last new one available.... at least the last one I could find anywhere. Now I'm going to have to find a new home for my mini.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septik View Post
I think Derp is actually a bit sluttier than me in the grand scheme of things, Xander
Nah, I think by and large, you win in that department, too. My modulars were cobbled together quite cheaply so while I've got a higher quantity, you still beat me on cost and quality. Come on man, Serge? Bugbrand? ARP 2600!? CWEJMAN S1!?!?!?!? Those are synths I fully expect to never even see in person in my lifetime, not to mention actually own. Heck, I'd have to sell a quarter of my system to afford even one of what you have.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Nah, I think by and large, you win in that department, too. My modulars were cobbled together quite cheaply so while I've got a higher quantity, you still beat me on cost and quality. Come on man, Serge? Bugbrand? ARP 2600!? CWEJMAN S1!?!?!?!? Those are synths I fully expect to never even see in person in my lifetime, not to mention actually own. Heck, I'd have to sell a quarter of my system to afford even one of what you have.
Eh, I built all my serge DIY, got my Cwejman S1 for $1700 in 2012on craigslist while they were still in production, and sold my Juno 60 to buy a $3000 arp 2600 on craigslist in 2013. I never buy anything nice unless it is a REALLY good deal. Or a Fenix. Not as grandiose as it all might seem my Euro rig is like 80% DIY as well. Bugs are cheap if you get then from Tom or old time bug guys who keep them at new price or less within the community.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvsyco View Post
I think I may have just ordered the last new one available.... at least the last one I could find anywhere. Now I'm going to have to find a new home for my mini.
I could have kicked myself when I was seeing shops blowing these out for under $900 new. I kept having to put it off. New in box are becoming rare as hens teeth. I picked mine up for over seven and some change used, too good of a deal to pass up and in fantastic condition. I personally love the Rev1 filter with its noise and have been making good use of the Rev2 filter not to mention the PWM. Both are handy to have depending on what you're shooting for. Congrats!
Old 2nd May 2017
Deleted b598644
My new nearfields

Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Eh, I built all my serge DIY, got my Cwejman S1 for $1700 in 2012on craigslist while they were still in production, and sold my Juno 60 to buy a $3000 arp 2600 on craigslist in 2013. I never buy anything nice unless it is a REALLY good deal. Or a Fenix. Not as grandiose as it all might seem my Euro rig is like 80% DIY as well. Bugs are cheap if you get then from Tom or old time bug guys who keep them at new price or less within the community.
You still win, bro. Deal with it.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Crop that pic please Mr. Creepy

Quote:
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Just rebuilt my laptop and now have 6 new screws.
Does that count?

How's this possible given all holes are fillled?!
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

Scored a crazy deal on one of these. I was hoping it would show up with rack ears. It didn't, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it had the DCB expansion card in it with cable.
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Eh, I built all my serge DIY, got my Cwejman S1 for $1700 in 2012on craigslist while they were still in production,
That is cray. I remember 2012 and don't remember seeing any S1s at that price. Though I do remember passing on an S1 years earlier for relatively close to that price. Well not really that close... You got a steal. So good for you.
Old 3rd May 2017
Gear Head
New MatrixBrute just came this month. Have to say that this thing sounds great and is a boatload of fun!
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-new-matrixbrute.jpg  
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by black953mj View Post
New MatrixBrute just came this month. Have to say that this thing sounds great and is a boatload of fun!
what's 4 tier stand are you using? side pics?
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

Sounds as good as it looks. Was putting it off for ages because of the price but it sounds superb.
Old 3rd May 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
what's 4 tier stand are you using? side pics?
It's the Standtastic 103KSB. It's a 3 tier stand but you can order an extra set of arms to make it a 4 tier stand. Rock solid, I've been really happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-standtastic-103ks.jpg  
Old 3rd May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post

Sounds as good as it looks. Was putting it off for ages because of the price but it sounds superb.
Drool!
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by black953mj View Post
Gorgeous set-up.
Old 3rd May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
Great purchase!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search