The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
May 2017 New Gear Thread
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Found a *great* deal on another Schecter Hellcat VI...so couldn't pass it up.
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-img_4004.jpg  
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear
Roland MC-505.. I've never played with anything like this before. There are a few missing pixels on the screen (so I got it cheap), however it seems you can iron the connector to fix that..

Upgraded my Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister-5 to a Tubermeister-36.. the lack of effects loop on the 5 kinda killed it for me. The 36 also has MIDI control and built in valve testing etc.. plus looks even prettier!

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to use this for yet. I originally wanted one as a controller for my Kemper.. and got a custom chip to turn it into a dedicated Kemper controller. But then the Kemper foot controller came out. It may be possible to use both (if there's a reason to) since the Kemper one uses cat-5 for power and control..

Roland Boutique A-01.. difficult to pass upon with these clearance prices at the moment. It was about £83 from Thomann..
Old 27th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Two months ago I bought an Eventide H9 Core, thinking that it would have been enough for me with just a few additional algorithm (I was interested mainly in the H919/949 harmonizer effect)... I was so wrong! As soon as I put my H9 Core on one of the mixer send, it become my reverb box, so I started thinking about getting another one, in order to have a spare to use as an insert... So i took the plunge on a H9 Max.
It's expensive and probably overkill for me to have all those algorithms, but at least now I don't have to think about which additional algorithms I should get without breaking the bank...
Old 27th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Roland MC-505.. I've never played with anything like this before. There are a few missing pixels on the screen (so I got it cheap), however it seems you can iron the connector to fix that..

Upgraded my Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister-5 to a Tubermeister-36.. the lack of effects loop on the 5 kinda killed it for me. The 36 also has MIDI control and built in valve testing etc.. plus looks even prettier!

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to use this for yet. I originally wanted one as a controller for my Kemper.. and got a custom chip to turn it into a dedicated Kemper controller. But then the Kemper foot controller came out. It may be possible to use both (if there's a reason to) since the Kemper one uses cat-5 for power and control..

Roland Boutique A-01.. difficult to pass upon with these clearance prices at the moment. It was about £83 from Thomann..
Keep dat tongue away from the gear.
Old 27th May 2017
Gear Maniac

New sampler this month. Mighty Ensoniq ASR 10 rack. Super addition to Akai S 1000/1100 and EMU 6400 Ultra family.
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-img_7065.jpg  
Old 27th May 2017
Deleted 46dc28f
Found one of the last ones in stock. Ordered.

Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin night View Post
Two months ago I bought an Eventide H9 Core, thinking that it would have been enough for me with just a few additional algorithm (I was interested mainly in the H919/949 harmonizer effect)... I was so wrong! As soon as I put my H9 Core on one of the mixer send, it become my reverb box, so I started thinking about getting another one, in order to have a spare to use as an insert... So i took the plunge on a H9 Max.
It's expensive and probably overkill for me to have all those algorithms, but at least now I don't have to think about which additional algorithms I should get without breaking the bank...
And you know now that with buying a Max that your other pedal becomes a Max now, too? By having one Max, you can register up to 3 more Cores and they will all have Max algos as well.
Old 27th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Yes, I know! Immediatley after registering the H9 Max and updating its firmware, I used the restore purchase function on my H9 Core to enable all the algorithms.
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Keep dat tongue away from the gear.
That dog could be the perfect mascot for:

http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/
Old 28th May 2017
Aml
Gear Nut

I couldn't help myself and I bought both

Old 28th May 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
What is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by base615 View Post
Water, by the looks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
CS80?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmasynth View Post
Is that really a CS80? That has to be the one side of it no one ever photographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Looks like a Rhodes to me.
Yamaha SK50D! Seeing as you probably need two people to carry it, they figured they'd best have a spare keyboard i on there too!
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-kimg0256.jpg  
Old 28th May 2017
Gear Addict

Awesome! An SK50, those are quite rare and that looks way bigger than my SK30 which is the exact same size as a CS70M.

I'm shocked it looks so much bigger than a SK30
Old 28th May 2017
Z6Z
Gear Maniac

Found one for peanuts - does anyone have any experiences with the Monacor? Is it any gooood?
Old 28th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6Z View Post
Found one for peanuts - does anyone have any experiences with the Monacor? Is it any gooood?
I've used these things for the last 20+ years now. ATM I have two, one in 19" branded "Redson" and labelled in French.
Yes, within the limits of old bucket-brigade delays it is good and has its uses.
There is also a stereo-ish version.

Cheers,
Bert

Last edited by Feinstrom; 28th May 2017 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: deleted pic
Old 29th May 2017
Gear Maniac

I said no more after the MPC Live and laptop earlier this month, but I found the sweet temptation of the Matrixbrute too much to ignore. A beautifully built synth and sounds stunning too! This thing is HEAVY!

Now I am content for awhile. Must resist REV2. Maybe will pull on the consumerism hat once again whenever the Quantum finally lands.

Meanwhile, plenty of funky sound designing to be had. May was too slutty for me (if a thing exists). I did pass some intense licensing tests for my job, so that was my rationale.

Oh well, stuff happens.
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-img_1667.jpg  
Old 30th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Decided to buy my first Oberheim, the humble but quite a punch for the money, Matrix 1000.
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baethku View Post
Decided to buy my first Oberheim, the humble but quite a punch for the money, Matrix 1000.
Nice.

Now, I offer you two ways to spend more money: buy a second unit and pan them hard left and hard right (big sound, I gather), or wait for one of these to come onto the market:

Old 30th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CfNorENa View Post
Nice.

Now, I offer you two ways to spend more money: buy a second unit and pan them hard left and hard right (big sound, I gather), or wait for one of these to come onto the market:

Drool. That programmer is to die for. And, yes, I should buy a second unit.
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

I got a Korg Minilogue on sale at Guitar Center as part of "Moogfest" kind of find that funny, I also scored a used near mint DSI MoPho desktop for peanuts, so now I have 2 new analog mono synths for my new studio room/need cave
Old 30th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by baethku View Post
Drool. That programmer is to die for. And, yes, I should buy a second unit.
There is also a small Matrix controller by Stereoping. Readily available.
It comes in different colours/firmwares - I have the "8000" version for DW/EX-8000.
But I'm waiting for the big one as well (got a Matrix-6)...

Cheers,
Bert
Old 30th May 2017
Gear Addict

Found a used K&M Spider Pro on the local Craigslist for a good price and needed another stand. I don't know why the pics were rotated counter clockwise though.
Attached Thumbnails
May 2017 New Gear Thread-img_2904.jpg   May 2017 New Gear Thread-img_2912.jpg  
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post

Please, don't ever stop buying gear.
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotwings View Post
Found a used K&M Spider Pro on the local Craigslist for a good price and needed another stand.
Congrats! I'm curious, how stable is the Voyager XL on the Spider? Do you get much side-to-side wobble?
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CfNorENa View Post
Nice.

Can you control two Obies from one Stereoping?
Old 30th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
Congrats! I'm curious, how stable is the Voyager XL on the Spider? Do you get much side-to-side wobble?
This is a very temporary setup as I'm moving this month, but it seems very stable. Not quite as rock solid as my On-Stage Heavy Duty Z Stand Pro, but I'm putting the Oasys 76 back on the Z stand. Plus my background as a player is Hammond/synth so I'm not heavy handed like many piano players.
Old 31st May 2017
Lives for gear

So I wrote this one off as unobtainium, but guess what showed up on eBay and I bid on immediately:

Between this and the Feedback 106, I've finally got the eurorack AX60 voice I always wanted. All hail the CEM3394!
Old 31st May 2017
Lives for gear

Also got the 2HP Freez.
Old 31st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotwings View Post
This is a very temporary setup as I'm moving this month, but it seems very stable. Not quite as rock solid as my On-Stage Heavy Duty Z Stand Pro, but I'm putting the Oasys 76 back on the Z stand. Plus my background as a player is Hammond/synth so I'm not heavy handed like many piano players.
Good to know. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So I wrote this one off as unobtainium, but guess what showed up on eBay...
Lucky you. I sold both my original Dark Energys when I moved up to a full A-100 System figuring I could just replace them with A-111-5s.
Old 31st May 2017
Gear Addict

Used System-1 for 250, in the box
Old 31st May 2017
Lives for gear

Ensoniq DP4. Only 2U, but it's HUGE!

Hoping that the 170 euro price means it's not b*gg*r*d...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search