The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
U-He Repro-5 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

U-He Repro-5

Presented today at Superbooth, still in development stages. I think they went for Rev.3 modelling, more info as it comes.
Attached Thumbnails
U-He Repro-5-captura-de-pantalla-2017-04-20-las-10.13.37.png  
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Scheize the new Zebra skin looks good!"#!§
Old 20th April 2017
Those are looking mighty sweet!
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Interesting qyestion how far Repro-5 from Prophet 6?
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Probably just as far 6 is from 5.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Old 20th April 2017
Gear Maniac

I was totally interested in this...then Urs heckmenn said "we threw the sequencer OUT"and I lost all interest...why oh why wasn't that awesome sequencer from repro1 left in?...crazy
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Because that particular sequencer doesn't work polyphonically.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

I WANT!!!!
Old 20th April 2017
Knew this was coming, and it looks great. I haven't purchased Repro-1 yet, but 129-149 for both is fair. Wish it was part of Diva, but I suppose at some point Uhe can't keep adding free stuff to an already existing product.
Old 20th April 2017
Ive dreamed of this moment...been asking for a proper Prophet plugin for years...can't wait to get my hands on it...RePro-1 was I think one of if not the best model yet...
Old 20th April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I WANT!!!!
+1 I want too! I have Zebra 2 and look forward to the upgrade as well!
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

I've wanted the Prophet 5 type of sound to go along with my DSI OB6. And even though I use Pro 53, it will be nice to have something more current.
I even considered getting a Prophet 6 module at one time, but the expense and similarity to the OB6 is just too much.

Have not been a big fan of the Arturia version, for some reason to my ears it didn't connect with me.

Uhe is a master at what he does, and I'm looking forward to this.
Price sounds great and my wife will be happy I'm buying something that doesn't have the word thousand plus in the price tag.
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Ive dreamed of this moment...been asking for a proper Prophet plugin for years...can't wait to get my hands on it...RePro-1 was I think one of if not the best model yet...
RePro-1 is exceptional. The sound is just so sweet and beautiful. It has real character and yet even at extreme settings does not have that bit of harsh digital edge so many softsynths have when pushed.

I'm so looking forward to RePro-5!!
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Probably just as far 6 is from 5.
ie very close. P6 could also be nice controller for Rerpo-5.
Old 20th April 2017
Yul
Gear Maniac

Anything technical in there that would make this special aside from the looks? We already have Diva and Legend..

I believe this filter to be 18dB. Are the VCO's and polymod distinctive? Is it there in Repro 5?

Everything else is subtractive so there must be a tonality aspect somewhere.

Someone mentioned earlier that you could push it to extreme settings and it would keep up. That's great.

I know the P5 was a killer synth..my feel is that the settings are dialed into one big sweet spot that makes playing/composing a much better experience.

Minimoog has quite a distinctive sound from ocs to filter to growl and it's super easy to make good sounds out of it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Yul; 20th April 2017 at 09:45 PM..
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yul View Post
Anything technical in there that would make this special aside from the looks? What can be achieved here that you wouldn't do with Diva or Legend?

I believe this filter to be 18dB. What about the VCO's? Is the polymod distinctive? Is it there in Repro 5?

I mean everything else is general subtractive so there must be a tonality aspect somewhere. Someone mentioned earlier that you could push it to extreme settings and it would keep up..

I know the P5 was a killer synth..my feel is that the settings are dialed into one big sweet spot that makes playing/composing a much better experience.

Minimoog has quite a distinctive sound from ocs to filter to growl and it's super easy to make good sounds out of it.

Thanks!
RePro-1 is one big sweet spot.

There are very few softsynths where I would feel comfortable just spontaneously twisting knobs while playing live. With Re-Pro1, realtime tweaking just goes from one gorgeous sound to another with nothing ugly in-between.

PolyMod is not super flexible, but so high quality. You can modulate Osc 1, PW, Filter and itself by Osc2. And it oozes character.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Luv all things U-HE, as a Repro-1 owner I can't wait

Now please do a full blown Oberheim..
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Maniac

This is my first time ever saying this but here it goes: Instabuy!
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anything technical in there that would make this special aside from the looks? We already have Diva and Legend..

I believe this filter to be 18dB. Are the VCO's and polymod distinctive? Is it there in Repro 5?

Everything else is subtractive so there must be a tonality aspect somewhere.

Someone mentioned earlier that you could push it to extreme settings and it would keep up. That's great.

Thanks!
The poly mod section on the P5 is quite distinctive. Neither Diva or Legend manage particularly convincing audio rate modulation.

I'm a little surprised they are doing a revision 3 based model though, the rev 2 is generally accepted to be the better sounding.
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Maniac

Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydub View Post
I'm a little surprised they are doing a revision 3 based model though, the rev 2 is generally accepted to be the better sounding.
Because Pro-1 is based on CEM 3320 and 3340.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Old 21st April 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydub View Post
The poly mod section on the P5 is quite distinctive. Neither Diva or Legend manage particularly convincing audio rate modulation.

Actually I disagree. I think Legend does a great job of audio rate modulation. So does Monark if run at 96 kHz. Diva always sounded a bit tame and muted. Repro-1 does great.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Repro 5 looks ok but Zebra 2.8 looks badass.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I believe this filter to be 18dB.
And you believe wrong. It's a 24 dB/oct filter, just like Prophet 5 had.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Actually I disagree. I think Legend does a great job of audio rate modulation. So does Monark if run at 96 kHz. Diva always sounded a bit tame and muted. Repro-1 does great.
Repro-1 just sounds great to my ears doing everything. It's the first analogue emulation that's really blown me away. A poly version will be very welcome.

I think we agree audio rate stuff isn't one of Divas strengths, but this video does a pretty good job at highlighting where the other Moog emus aren't really doing it for me.

Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
And you believe wrong. It's a 24 dB/oct filter, just like Prophet 5 had.
Aww yeah!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search