The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
U-He Repro-5 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 21st April 2017
Yul
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
And you believe wrong. It's a 24 dB/oct filter, just like Prophet 5 had.
Ghee thanks for the clarification! Don't know what led me to think otherwise! Too many synths!
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydub View Post
Repro-1 just sounds great to my ears doing everything. It's the first analogue emulation that's really blown me away. A poly version will be very welcome.

I think we agree audio rate stuff isn't one of Divas strengths, but this video does a pretty good job at highlighting where the other Moog emus aren't really doing it for me.

I actually messaged him on Youtube and he admitted that he didn't think he had Monark running at 96 khz. Reaktor lets you run it at a different sample rate than your project, and it makes a huge difference, especially with those tones. You pay with CPU cycles, of course, but the results are very good.
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Addict

It's a great time for software and synth modelling. Post beta, I'll have to check out the pro one vsti again.
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

When is this out guys?.
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

When it's ready.
Old 30th May 2017
Gear Nut
10 weeks at a guess
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
When it's ready.
I was going to do a bit of cussing at you for that blow off answer. But then I think I remember Urs saying that very thing lol. Ok cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdown View Post
10 weeks at a guess
Still a bit to go. Ok thanks.
Old 31st May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdown View Post
10 weeks at a guess
They are putting a new preset system into it... which could end up with some unforeseen delays. But that seems like a good guess.
Old 1st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
When it's ready.

Attached Thumbnails
U-He Repro-5-waiting.jpg  
Old 25th July 2017
Gear Addict

I finally caved with the upgrade announcement, and picked up a license for Repro-1. I am blown away with the quality of this instrument! I used to play a Pro-One (it is in my must get repaired pile), and had a P5 3.3 for many many years. I'm really excited about the upcoming release, now that I have experienced the Repro modeling.
Old 25th July 2017
Lives for gear

I'm sooooo looking forward to making sounds with Repro-5. And yes Repro-1 is Awesome!!.
Old 25th July 2017
Gear Addict

The Native Instruments Pro5 was quite good still a mystery why it disappeared from Komplete. I have never connected with the Arturia.

Which will be released first Zebra 2.8 or Pro 5 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Ive dreamed of this moment...been asking for a proper Prophet plugin for years...can't wait to get my hands on it...RePro-1 was I think one of if not the best model yet...
Old 25th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthpunk View Post
The Native Instruments Pro5 was quite good still a mystery why it disappeared from Komplete.
Not a mystery at all. The product was discontinued as the codebase became too old to update/port to newer operating systems. Hence removed from Komplete, along with some other older NI products.

Honestly Pro-53 is a far cry from a Prophet emulation, but it does sound pretty nice on its own, if a bit thin because it's not really component modelled.
Old 25th July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Not a mystery at all. The product was discontinued as the codebase became too old to update/port to newer operating systems. Hence removed from Komplete, along with some other older NI products.

Honestly Pro-53 is a far cry from a Prophet emulation, but it does sound pretty nice on its own, if a bit thin because it's not really component modelled.
Yeah, I never found Pro-53 to sound that good. I still think that NI should have recoded it from the ground up, just so they have a non-Reaktor based VA in their lineup.

But that ship has sailed and there's no reason for NI to take a crack at the Prophet 5 at this point. Not sure what they'd go for... maybe time for someone to do a proper CS80 emulation?
Old 25th July 2017
Lives for gear

My prediction is Repro-5 will quickly become the plugin of choice for P-5 emulation.

Both the Arturia Prophet V and Pro-53 are looking rather long in the tooth—that is, if they have any teeth left at all by this point.

With that said, I still enjoy using Arturia’s Prophet V from time to time. For simple Prophet-esque patches, I find it adequate.
Old 25th July 2017
Lives for gear

I still use Pro-53 because it does have some great patches, and can go up to 64 voices with extremely low CPU... It can get pretty brutal when unison is enabled at 64 voices.
Old 29th August 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
My prediction is Repro-5 will quickly become the plugin of choice for P-5 emulation.

Both the Arturia Prophet V and Pro-53 are looking rather long in the tooth—that is, if they have any teeth left at all by this point.

With that said, I still enjoy using Arturia’s Prophet V from time to time. For simple Prophet-esque patches, I find it adequate.
I have to agree. I've owned Pro-1 hardware, Arturia Prophet V and Pro-53. U-he's Repro-1 was the first softsynth that really captured the "wow" factor of the Pro/Prophet line for me. Of course, different people have different thresholds for their wow factor But U-he is taking ITB right up to the edge of hardware. I'm really looking forward to Repro-5.
Old 30th August 2017
Gear Guru

Old 10th September 2017
Lives for gear
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Guru

Odd, i just tried to post to the new RePro 5 thread and I got an error, yet this one has been abandoned.

Well, the public beta is live and it’s pretty amazing. One thing I love about it is how the filter can be set at the same point and it still has an openness in the high frequencies that take some resonance to get from the Prophet 6. The distortion sound a bit more tame, but so rich. Every synth should have per voice distortion! Such a great sound. I could definitely get it to crackle in High Quality mode, and that’s when it was the only plugin running, and in some cases, I still prefer the sound of the hardware, especially with it’s extended features. Right off the bat, I tried to recreate one of my favorite pads and I saw I was using the LFO to modulate the frequencies of both oscillators (one in LFO mode) and I’d run out of modulation slots in RePro 5 because I was using aftertouch as well.

Anyway, amazing achievement. I doubt it will start a rush of Prophet 5s and 6s in the used market, but I’m sure it’ll be a success and useful to people who even have the original who’d like to focus on all RePro 5 does that was impossible with the original. (Like 3 extra voices, for starters)

Last edited by zerocrossing; 24th November 2017 at 05:06 PM..
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

You can modulate both oscillator with an lfo or maybe you mean something else. If prophet 6 sounds this good I'm interested in one.
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearteh View Post
You can modulate both oscillator with an lfo or maybe you mean something else. If prophet 6 sounds this good I'm interested in one.
If the hardware is as good as the software, you want the hardware?
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

Hardware have obvious advantages.
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Oh, you’re right, I was thinking that in doing so I ran out of other modulation slots so I couldn’t recreate the patch.
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hardware have obvious advantages.
Like for example... NOT being able to have multiple instances without shelling out an extra few thousand bucks?
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Oh, you’re right, I was thinking that in doing so I ran out of other modulation slots so I couldn’t recreate the patch.
You also have them with the modwheel which I prefer.
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Like for example... NOT being able to have multiple instances without shelling out an extra few thousand bucks?
Hands on control for all parameters. Can just turn it on and play without a computer. It's more inspiring to use an instrument like that. Doesnt take any cpu power. More portable
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
those few thousand bucks will come in handy to buy extra computers to run said extra instances..
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear

Mine can run 5-6 Repro-5 instances at once, so that's already a 5 digit number of bucks saved

Quote:
Hands on control for all parameters. Can just turn it on and play without a computer. It's more inspiring to use an instrument like that. Doesnt take any cpu power. More portable
Those are all subjective.
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Mine can run 5-6 Repro-5 instances at once, so that's already a 5 digit number of bucks saved

Those are all subjective.
What system are you running??
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search