The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Quantum
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
Agreed. Mine arrived triple-boxed, although I did call ahead of time to request that.
It comes double-boxed from Waldorf; any self-respecting seller is going to put another box and padding around that. It's a heavy, bulky synth! Though elegant in physical design. It should be shipped with respect.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
It comes double-boxed from Waldorf; any self-respecting seller is going to put another box and padding around that. It's a heavy, bulky synth! Though elegant in physical design. It should be shipped with respect.
Yes, that’s right - the interior Quantum box was inside another which was addressed to the distributor and then Andertons put their box (and padding!) around that.

Interestingly, the internal Quantum box has been opened and re-stapled (as the holes were in a different place) so I can only assume that mine was taken out of the box and the screen replaced and then put back into the box before getting to the distributor (as the distributor box was sealed). Which is great for me as the screen works perfectly.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2ba View Post
Korg missed a trick if they added analog filters and user sampling and put the Wavestate in a Prologue form factor they would have a Quantum killer on their hands ---as it stands Korg has missed the boat --that ship has sailed away
if they added analog filters then the polyphony would shrink a lot. Right now it is 64 voices I think. I would rather they kept the digital filters and kept the polyphony, added more knobs, keys and user samples and sold it as a wavestate XL

and it could live happily next to my Quantum without killing each other
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by betteroffted View Post
I have not yet been able to use the analog filters despite 3 Reset and Calibration attempts.
Assuming your issue is that the controls for analog filter cutoff arent working after calibration: This has been fixed in a firmware 2.0 beta. If you dont have access to that version yet, you are probably best off not trying to calibrate at all, just reset (the calibration) and then at least the controls will work for you.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Is it possible to load Microtuning settings into the quantum to make it sound the way a piano is tuned?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mine wasn’t. Mine came from Germany, and was only in the original box. I was appalled, especially since my moog one was double boxed. Luckily, it arrived in fantastic shape.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberheim View Post
Is it possible to load Microtuning settings into the quantum to make it sound the way a piano is tuned?
We have global micro tuning but not per patch. It would be nice if it could be per patch.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows View Post
Assuming your issue is that the controls for analog filter cutoff arent working after calibration: This has been fixed in a firmware 2.0 beta. If you dont have access to that version yet, you are probably best off not trying to calibrate at all, just reset (the calibration) and then at least the controls will work for you.
Controls work fine, visually speaking and interact with the resonance as expected. Just not able to change the frequency via any method.

All good. It's going back. Getting a new one at a discount for the trouble.

Hilarious, because the stand I ordered for it came double boxed - but the Quantum did not. Can't make this stuff up...

Last edited by betteroffted; 6 days ago at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Controls work fine, visually speaking and interact with the resonance as expected. Just not able to change the frequency via any method.

All good. It's going back. Getting a new one at a discount for the trouble.

Hilarious, because the stand I ordered for it came double boxed - but the Quantum did not. Can't make this stuff up...
Actually, you can.

So, who did you buy this fabled naked broken Quantum from?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

FWIW filter calibration didn't work in the old firmware - better to delete calibation settings - it should work fine
then update the firmware if you feel like it
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Capacitive touchscreens last a very, very long time; no risks there.
is there a bug where every Quantum made in 2018 had the touchscreen not working in one corner correctly? How was this overcome?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
FWIW filter calibration didn't work in the old firmware - better to delete calibation settings - it should work fine
then update the firmware if you feel like it
Whats the story about filters been not calibrated in 2018 Quantum's --was there a fix ?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
is there a bug where every Quantum made in 2018 had the touchscreen not working in one corner correctly? How was this overcome?
There was a flaw in the firmware that operates the screen. It was overcome by fixing the firmware.

This part of the firmware for the screen couldnt be reached from the Quantum OS, so the units had to be opened. Hence they needed to be brought in.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Read the thread - a number of people, though not many, had a problem with the lower-right part of the touchscreen not responding to touch. Those who had enough of a problem sent them in for repair under warranty. I don’t know the details of the repair itself, presumably the touch screens were replaced.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Whats the story about filters been not calibrated in 2018 Quantum's --was there a fix ?
I am on beta 2.11, if there was such a problem, it doesnt seem to be there anymore.

Not sure about 1.3 .. i never experienced it myself.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It was an issue with the calibration routine, I would guess, that has been resolved in subsequent beta firmware. The solution prior to the resolution was just to reset the calibration.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVogelsang View Post
I use the Quantum with a Expressive E Touché:

https://we.tl/b-TXuF5KLE2I

Perfect combination.
Aww, I wanted to hear it.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
It was an issue with the calibration routine, I would guess, that has been resolved in subsequent beta firmware. The solution prior to the resolution was just to reset the calibration.
This. The one I had couldn’t calibrate because of this possible bug (and it really needed it unfortunately). This was before the beta firmware though so presume it would have worked out fine. It is one of the multiple reasons I sold it.

Last edited by drxcm; 6 days ago at 03:29 AM..
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
I am on beta 2.11
Is beta 2.11 out already? We’re on 2.10 here...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVogelsang View Post
Is beta 2.11 out already? We’re on 2.10 here...
Me too...is there a release 11 ?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

typo ..
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
who did you buy this fabled naked broken Quantum from?
It was from AMS, who have always been great to me. They will be swapping it out for a new one - which this time will come double-boxed...

Last edited by betteroffted; 5 days ago at 04:57 AM.. Reason: I'm dumb.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It was from AMS, who have always been great to me. They will be swapping it out for a new one - which this time will come double-boxed...
My first quantum came single boxed from Andertons and was bashed in on the right side.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict
If I ever become an actor, I'll use the mental image of your busted quantum keybed to bring tears to my eyes!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Mine came from Thomann and it was Double Boxed.
Old 5 days ago
Mine came directly form Waldorf. It was double boxed and cost nothing.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikroom View Post
My first quantum came single boxed from Andertons and was bashed in on the right side.
Yeah, it's crazy. The box is so tall and wide you can just push the cardboard right into the screen area. I was shocked to see that had happened, but moreso why there wasn't a middle area foam insert there in the first place.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Mine came directly form Waldorf. It was double boxed and cost nothing.
Where is the fruit of this happening

I wanna hear it
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_P View Post
The Wavestate has a very small screen...

I bet programming it , it's very time consuming with the controls it has. I bet most people will love the presets for a while and some will get bored after awhile and wish for bigger and more control. Kinda like the Jupiter XM ?
Maybe i am wrong...

Anyway it sound engine uses Samples...it's totally different from a Quantum.
Time consuming?? No way. Compared to where it came and evolved from (the OG Wavestation), the Wavestate is leaps and bounds easier to program wavesequencing on vs the original Wavestation. If you've never programmed an original Wavestation, try sitting in front of one (especially the 1U SR) and try programming a wavesequence. It's the kind of stuff that makes you grow gray hairs in a bad way.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by holografique View Post
Time consuming?? No way. Compared to where it came and evolved from (the OG Wavestation), the Wavestate is leaps and bounds easier to program wavesequencing on vs the original Wavestation. If you've never programmed an original Wavestation, try sitting in front of one (especially the 1U SR) and try programming a wavesequence. It's the kind of stuff that makes you grow gray hairs in a bad way.
I have no doub that is easier compared to a Wavestation, altough i never seen or heard one. But...from some videos, it still seems quite complex to program in such a small screen.
Seems like a very powerful Synth Engine that "asks" for some bigger Screen ? Well...time will tell...if i get an oppurtunity i will try it in person.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search