The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waldorf Quantum Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 11th December 2018
Lives for gear

Has anyone heard any updates in regards to the availability of the Quantum in the USA?
Old 11th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
Has anyone heard any updates in regards to the availability of the Quantum in the USA?
Yes, Sweetwater finally got their tracking number and it's landing at their warehouse in two days, on the 13th.
Old 11th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by genshi View Post
Yes, Sweetwater finally got their tracking number and it's landing at their warehouse in two days, on the 13th.

Old 11th December 2018
Quote:

To be clear, that information was originally from someone else who had pre-ordered from Sweetwater, but my Sweetwater guy just called me as well, and he confirmed they are getting them on Thursday, and since I've already paid plus paid for overnight shipping, I will get mine this Friday (if they get their shipment in Thursday morning) or Monday at the latest (if they get their shipment in later Thursday afternoon.) It's been a looong wait, but I know it will have been worth it!
Old 11th December 2018
Lives for gear

Is it finally happening. Somebody needs to pinch me.
Old 12th December 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Switched On on Instagram: “Waldorf Quantum now in the shop - check it out here first!
#waldorf #quantum #waldorfquantum #synth #synthesizer #electronic”
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
To be clear, that information was originally from someone else who had pre-ordered from Sweetwater, but my Sweetwater guy just called me as well, and he confirmed they are getting them on Thursday, and since I've already paid plus paid for overnight shipping, I will get mine this Friday (if they get their shipment in Thursday morning) or Monday at the latest (if they get their shipment in later Thursday afternoon.) It's been a looong wait, but I know it will have been worth it!
Great news all around!
Old 12th December 2018
Was getting ready to pull the trigger on one, and then I got the quote back for the new roof for my house.

Looks like I wait a bit :P

Pete
Old 4 weeks ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Is it finally happening. Somebody needs to pinch me.
Great news for all our soon to be Qu owners in the US, enjoy - you will.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'll believe it when it is sitting in my studio right in front of me. We can't rule out an asteroid strike getting in the way at this point.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophei View Post
I'll believe it when it is sitting in my studio right in front of me. We can't rule out an asteroid strike getting in the way at this point.

Actually, I just now got a call from my Sweetwater rep... their Quantum shipment landed a day early! So they are overnighting it to me right now and it will be in my hands tomorrow!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Actually, I just now got a call from my Sweetwater rep... their Quantum shipment landed a day early! So they are overnighting it to me right now and it will be in my hands tomorrow!
Really glad to hear that for you!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

There could still be a natural disaster today. (hope not )
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I had a not long enough play on the Quantum in Just Music shop in Berlin (the big one, in Kreuzberg), while I'm here at NI offices... It sounds great (but yeah, easy on that Compress knob, for sure)! The analog filters are definitely not boring (shame they're LP only, though), the feel of the whole unit is premium, the different oscillator modes are very deep, lots can be done, the FX are great. The touchscreen seemed to have some issues along the very top of the display (where tabs usually are), might be in a dire need of calibration (the pitch wheel was also working in reverse, calibration procedure fixed that in a jiffy), might be the demo floor unit wear&tear.

Overall, it's definitely the contender for one of the best hybrid synths out there. Certainly has the feel of a flagship.

I just wish it had 16 voices...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Are the pots/encoders fixed to the panel on this?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Pots felt really solid to me, so I would say yes to that. It really does feel like a premium instrument.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
Are the pots/encoders fixed to the panel on this?
they are not
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Something to tide us over until tomorrow.

Just a few short hours before the Quantum is in my custody
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Today I’m messing around with the alternate tunings
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Always good to get a Daniel Fisher demo. Not sure if I just missed it, but has Nick spent any time with the Quantum?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Much like the presets he’s using the VA as a crutch. 90% wave 8%wavetable and 2% resonator. You’d think he would spend some time with it before making this vid, but I guess not
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I imagine he had to repack it fairly quickly and post it to genshi
Old 4 weeks ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Yup the Sweetwater demo: unpacks, fumbles about, re-packs and send to a customer, not a great demo.
Old 4 weeks ago
My Quantum finally arrived! Question for current Quantum owners though: the first thing I was going to do is update the firmware, with the latest version on Waldorf's site being 1.1.1, but my Quantum shipped with a version 1.2.0 - why wouldn't this be on Waldorf's site already?

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
My Quantum finally arrived! Question for current Quantum owners though: the first thing I was going to do is update the firmware, with the latest version on Waldorf's site being 1.1.1, but my Quantum shipped with a version 1.2.0 - why wouldn't this be on Waldorf's site already?

Congrats, mine has 1.1.2 and was wondering the same thing!

Don’t you just love the pitch wheel damped springiness?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

*large crowd shouting in unison*

DEMO!! DEMO!! DEMO!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 View Post
Was getting ready to pull the trigger on one, and then I got the quote back for the new roof for my house.

Looks like I wait a bit :P

Pete
Personally I think a new roof is overrated. Scrap wood and some super glue is all you need to keep the leaks out of your studio.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
Personally I think a new roof is overrated. Scrap wood and some super glue is all you need to keep the leaks out of your studio.
Cardboard from Sweetwater boxes is best roofing material.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
My Quantum finally arrived! Question for current Quantum owners though: the first thing I was going to do is update the firmware, with the latest version on Waldorf's site being 1.1.1, but my Quantum shipped with a version 1.2.0 - why wouldn't this be on Waldorf's site already?]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Congrats, mine has 1.1.2 and was wondering the same thing!
Honestly, I'm not that surprised to hear that this has happened. I don't know why 1.2.0 isn't available to existing owners yet, it doesn't bother me that much right now but I expect that with every day that passes without it being available, I shall slowly get more annoyed, so hopefully they make it available soon.

As for 1.1.2, I believe that on their forum they said it wasn't an update that contained improvements for users, but rather something improved in relation to their own internal processes (manufacturing, testing, calibration or whatever, I don't think they went into detail).

However I should point out that there are 2 different potential download locations on Waldorfs site, and one of them does have version 1.1.2 in it, but not 1.2.0 at the time of writing. There is a 'My Hardware' section of the Waldorf site and if you have an account and set your account to include your quantum ownership, then a page becomes available that contains a image file. This file, which has been mentioned in this thread before, included updated set of patches and samples (since more were added after early quantums already shipped), wipes the internal storage (and all user patches, presets, samples) and also happens to update firmware to 1.1.2.

Anyway I don't know anything about 1.2.0 apart from one or two features that were mentioned a while ago, and I don't know if the library of patches and samples has evolved again recently. So I don't know whether, when Waldorf get round to sharing 1.2.0 with everyone, it will appear on the original Waldorf Quantum download page (which currently has 1.1.1) or as an updated image file in the my hardware section, or both.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search