The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JD-XA or MatrixBrute to compliment my OB-6
Old 10th October 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
XA and Matrixbrute are sonically miles apart but equally great!
Old 10th October 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'd have to go for the JD-XA for the sheer sonic anything and everything it brings to the game. First. Then the MatrixBrute.
Old 10th October 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
the engine is better
the efx are better
the u/i is better

the base sound is better IMO , more smooth and hifi . cleaner top end and flatter low-mid . more modern perhaps , but more quality .

I owned the b and c and never felt they sounded that "analogue" . they were great digital synths . the TI sounds like a better digital synth

BUT they do still sound quite similar so if your not after the better capabilities I don't know if its that much a jump in just raw sound
ok thanks. I think it will be a matter of taste then. Some might prefer the cleaner top end of the TI others will describe that as too digital. Others may regard the darker sound of the Virus C as warmer, more analogue-ish sounding.

Think I better stick to my Virus C and invest in another synth. I am also gassing for an OB-6 or maybe the MatrixBrute. Although I read mixed things about the MatrixBrute.
Old 29th May 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Digging up this older thread as I just re-read it.

Ironic as after years and years of chopping and changing, experimenting with many synths, slowly honing what works and what doesn't for me, my setup is now all based around OB-6, JDXA & Matrixbrute.

They work so well together and I don't see this setup changing anytime soon.

3 very very good synthesizers which are miles apart from one another, but integrate quite beautifully.
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Of all Arturia's bunk products, the Matrix Brute is the one product I haven't heard a lot of complaints about. I'd still be afraid to spend that much on a company with such an atrocious record...and wouldn't any way out of principle, I don't support shoddy manufacturing because they made ONE product that works...but, I've yet to hear anything bad about that synth.

The JDXA is a bad joke...you've been warned, do what you think is best.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post
I would have to disagree with you there. I have had no problems with mine and it sounds fantastic. I would agree the build quality isn't the best, but what it is capable of sound wise, is quite spectacular.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Thanks, your constructive criticism is quite illuminating.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VennD68 View Post
Thanks, your constructive criticism is quite illuminating.
Terrible.dee is one of my fave posters here. Never fails to disappoint.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Of all Arturia's bunk products, the Matrix Brute is the one product I haven't heard a lot of complaints about. I'd still be afraid to spend that much on a company with such an atrocious record...and wouldn't any way out of principle, I don't support shoddy manufacturing because they made ONE product that works...but, I've yet to hear anything bad about that synth.

ahahahahahahahaha
Terrible by name, terrible by nature, every post something terrible, now what does the dee stand for....

The XA is brillant. peace
Old 29th May 2019
Gear Guru

Why does anyone answer this troll
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
Digging up this older thread as I just re-read it.

Ironic as after years and years of chopping and changing, experimenting with many synths, slowly honing what works and what doesn't for me, my setup is now all based around OB-6, JDXA & Matrixbrute.

They work so well together and I don't see this setup changing anytime soon.

3 very very good synthesizers which are miles apart from one another, but integrate quite beautifully.
Ive got so much junk and cheapos Id love that trio, bet its killer..I just keep adding things so ive got something for ups to deliver lol
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Ive got so much junk and cheapos Id love that trio, bet its killer..I just keep adding things so ive got something for ups to deliver lol
It is . Apart from the Trident and the Q I stupidly let go , I have never been so happy with my setup.

All thanks to the bug I caught after getting my 1st Poly 800.
Old 30th May 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

I originally bought a jdxa to try and kill gas for the ob6 and virus, only the ob6 gas remains, turns out I really don't like digital! I love the analog on it thou, but find the digital really only works for me in a supporting roll (the much lauded 'digital fairy dust' lol) but in that context it's really good!
But when I compare the digital patches with analog patches, analog smokes it every time...
Old 2nd September 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I have Kronos, MB, and OB6 amongst my rig.
Not a big fan of the MB. However, it really does pair up with the Kronos quite nicely. It sits in a sonic range that is vacant when using Kronos only.
Old 3rd September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
BTW OP, it's complement not compliment if you're still reading. Looking for a synth to compliment another would result in a long wait....

JD-XA "Hey OB-6, you're a cool synth"

OB-6 "Oh, thank you JD, I think we'll get along fine"
Old 3rd September 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Lol
Old 19th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawinul View Post
The behemoth the MB....love go get one myself. ..first the Dreadbox abyss
I have both, MB gets far more use.
Old 19th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I sense the MB will not thrill you soundwise if you are used to the gloriousness of the OB6. It is a a great synth but it does sound somewhat lifeless.

Recommendation: check out the MFB Dominion1, it has lots of overlaps with the MB but it sounds dramatically better.
πŸ“ Reply