21 Votes - 1.91%
SH7
58 Votes - 5.28%
SH5
86 Votes - 7.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

the sampler to rule them all is what i want more than anything.
a bigger volca sample with 32Gb memory and improved functionality, and the DAC, sample interpolation and presets / factory sounds of the S-1000, Emu-II and Fairlight
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by naos View Post
the sampler to rule them all is what i want more than anything.
a bigger volca sample with 32Gb memory and improved functionality, and the DAC, sample interpolation and presets / factory sounds of the S-1000, Emu-II and Fairlight
Yes a proper sampler with today’s memory and technology would be a great and wanted addition.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Crumar Spirit, please. Very unique sound and as-yet uncloned by anyone.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

what is that we hear you on facebook? Did you finaly year our cries for a modern take on hardware samplers?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
I thought it was a clone of the Poly 800
I did too at first, and then I thought: why would they clone *that*!
It would be funny if it is a poly800 clone though.. surely $199 inc tax, with a free keyboard stand and hardware sequencer thrown in. Or they could make it the size of a mousetrap with only access to parameters via USB.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherun View Post
what is that we hear you on facebook? Did you finaly year our cries for a modern take on hardware samplers?
Send us the details!
(can't be arsed with FB..)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
I did too at first, and then I thought: why would they clone *that*!
It would be funny if it is a poly800 clone though.. surely $199 inc tax, with a free keyboard stand and hardware sequencer thrown in. Or they could make it the size of a mousetrap with only access to parameters via USB.
Reverse keys !!!!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I want a fully knobby FM synth. 1 knob per function with 4 layers for FM. Akemies Castle with ADSRs and LFOs
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
I want a fully knobby FM synth. 1 knob per function with 4 layers for FM. Akemies Castle with ADSRs and LFOs
4 layers means 4 operators??
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero View Post
4 layers means 4 operators??
4-part multitimbral from what I understand. 4-operator FM is a decent enough architecture, but having those extra 2 or 4 operators does mean a lot.

And yes, we absolutely need a proper hardware FM synthesizer with a proper interface. If Behringer makes an affordable, complex and hands-on FM synth, I'm probably going to get 2 of these. The more I program in FM the less I use other synthesis methods. I have recently come to realize how much I just love the sound of FM.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
4-part multitimbral from what I understand. 4-operator FM is a decent enough architecture, but having those extra 2 or 4 operators does mean a lot.

And yes, we absolutely need a proper hardware FM synthesizer with a proper interface. If Behringer makes an affordable, complex and hands-on FM synth, I'm probably going to get 2 of these. The more I program in FM the less I use other synthesis methods. I have recently come to realize how much I just love the sound of FM.
I get the point and agree, although I still enjoy other forms of sound synthesis, especially the additive synthesis on my Kawai K5000S.

A knobby FM synth would be a great instrument but I'd add some "macro" controls to emulate other architectures but yet having an FM underlying system (I'm thinking of the Korg DS-8).
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
The more I program in FM the less I use other synthesis methods. I have recently come to realize how much I just love the sound of FM.
Same. You can get such rich harmonics and overtones by smashing one waveform into another and modulating the depth of the impact. I rarely use a naked waveform now, even in analog subtractive synthesis environments.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
One knob per function on a 6- or 8- op FM synth is probably overkill, but the most important sound design controls on the front panel, perhaps on a per-operator level might be good enough. I can live with going one level deeper for less used parameters, BUT JUST ONE LEVEL OK YAMAHA!!

Ahem. I would have bought a MODX by now if it didn't have that screen interface and all that tedious screen-prodding modifying one parameter at a time.

Digital rotary encoders / sliders with LED position indicators are a must, so that the settings of the current panel controls can be viewed instantly. Like on the Hydrasynth, but with slightly higher res lights on the controls. I don't want to have to touch the control to find out the current value (that's aimed at you, Novation!).

Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The poll didn't include the Juno-60 and Oscar. Pitty.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Look at this guy, who can't believe how fantastic this sound machine is!
The most interesting synth soon to order from Thomann, Uli?

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Latest teaser suggests the WASP is incoming...

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post

What could it bee?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

After the Wasp I like to see the Octave Cat and OSCar, please
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sound View Post
After the Wasp I like to see the Octave Cat...
Oh RLY?

Behringer - The Cat

:-)
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

where are the polys?!?!?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
where are the polys?!?!?
Seems pretty balanced and normal so far, with a roughly 2:1 ratio of Monos to Polys, and with about half of each of those which are ready at this time (so it seems their efforts and focus are similarly distributed along normal lines. Monos have always been more popular, for pricing and other reasons):

DeepMind12
VC-340
UBXa (not yet shipping)
Solina (not yet shipping)

Boog
Neutron
Odyssey
MS-1
K-2 (barely shipping)
TD-3 (barely shipping)
Pro-1 (barely shipping)
Wasp (not yet shipping)

RD-8 (barely shipping)
RD-9 (not yet shipping)

Plus whatever else they're working on...

Do you really feel left out or ignored as a customer and Poly fan in light of those things?

They get so much grief but look at everything that's happening and has happened already in just the last few years alone. I think we're all lucky.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post

So I guess it will be called the Hornet.
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Seems pretty balanced and normal so far, with a roughly 2:1 ratio of Monos to Polys, and with about half of each of those which are ready at this time (so it seems their efforts and focus are similarly distributed along normal lines. Monos have always been more popular, for pricing and other reasons):

DeepMind12
VC-340
UBXa (not yet shipping)
Solina (not yet shipping)

Boog
Neutron
Odyssey
MS-1
K-2 (barely shipping)
TD-3 (barely shipping)
Pro-1 (barely shipping)
Wasp (not yet shipping)

RD-8 (barely shipping)
RD-9 (not yet shipping)

Plus whatever else they're working on...

Do you really feel left out or ignored as a customer and Poly fan in light of those things?

They get so much grief but look at everything that's happening and has happened already in just the last few years alone. I think we're all lucky.
Well, move "barely shipping" to shipping. Not yet shipping to not existing, stringers to a different category (they're not poly, but para) and you have

Deepmind vs

Boog
Neutron
Barp
Pro-1
K-2
MS101
Crave

ignoring the fact that we have also seen the TB303 clone so it exists and will ship soon.

Your argument is a bit forced, so yes I feel there has not been enough attention paid to polys.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, move "barely shipping" to shipping. Not yet shipping to not existing, stringers to a different category (they're not poly, but para) and you have

Deepmind vs

Boog
Neutron
Barp
Pro-1
K-2
MS101
Crave

ignoring the fact that we have also seen the TB303 clone so it exists and will ship soon.

Your argument is a bit forced, so yes I feel there has not been enough attention paid to polys.
Well... but if the Deepmind has 12 voices, they must release 12 monophonic thingies to balance the ratio.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Deepmind vs

Boog
Neutron
Barp
Pro-1
K-2
MS101
Crave

Neutron is poly. You can play 2 notes at the same time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

"I feel there has not been enough attention paid to polys". It's your feeling, but we don't really know it. There must be a reason for 'delay', but I don't think that Behringer pays too little attention to Polys. I do not even see an entry for the J8 in the DPMAregister. And the development of the Xa was announced as private leisure work.
Patience! Everything will be fine!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, no kidding on the patience. They've only been in the synth game 3 years. Buy a Roland or Yamaha if you want an affordable analog poly...oh ,right.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

no polys? cope
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero View Post
Well... but if the Deepmind has 12 voices, they must release 12 monophonic thingies to balance the ratio.

That's a better argument...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search