97 Votes - 7.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterfriendly View Post
''a year to design and tool...''

the difference between cloning and real engineering
As a real engineer; no. One is no easier than the other, unless they're both trivial. You still have to deliver a viable product - and that's where all the work still is.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumidi View Post
I can see the effort one made a mockup completely from scratch while the other took an existing image and photoshopped a display on it without any knobs to control it. You mean this dude who gets a boner on the 32 voices thingy???

Who needs 32 voices anyways? 64 is the hype nowadays.
Having been a long term owner of a Jupiter 4 it’s a crazy idea to think that you need a screen on it. A few more memories might be useful for live work but unless the screen is just for effects it needs to be removed.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
I miss the Roland sh-1000, its a great sounding synth and it has presets.
Cool if Behringer can make a clone of this synth with cv/gate and som other new features (two oscillators, arp,sequenser, fx) without changing the original sound to much.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Well, well, well, some got caught with their hands in the cookie jar

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...ompetition-law
Can you summarize? Sounds like Korg and Roland have gotten some big fines for shady behavior
Old 5 days ago
DGL
Lives for gear
Basically in the most recent case Yamaha had asked/told GAK that they could not reduce prices below a certain amount and GAK not only did this but continued doing so after the CMA sent a warning letter. A few other big names inc. Roland Korg, Casio and Fender have also been fined for anti-competitive practices.

Basically no manufacturer can tell/collude with a retailer so they will not sell a product below a certain price, no matter how it is achieved (so that includes financial incentives and threats (i.e. telling said retailer that if they do not agree they will not be able to stock said manufacturers products)).

It seems Behringer have not been implicated this far and as such naturally want to shout about it.

Here is the letter that the CMA have been sending out to manufacturers/retailers,
https://assets.publishing.service.go...ter_290620.pdf
Old 5 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

I think we all have to shout at it. Good on Behr to be shouting at it.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

How does shop price fixing benefit the musical instrument manufacturers, surely they've already been paid for the goods in shop stock?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1200gs View Post
Sounds like you want a Deepmind 12.
No I got rid of my DM6 as I didn’t gel with it

It had too much of a VST vibe to it, filter had too few sweetspots imo

There were some funky sounds but yeah, I liked the OS and interface, pretty decent
Old 4 days ago
DGL
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
How does shop price fixing benefit the musical instrument manufacturers, surely they've already been paid for the goods in shop stock?
I would guess it's all about perception form a potential customers point of view, not only do customers generally equate higher prices with a perceived higher quality but a product that is unusually cheap can make a customer question why said item is reduced, sometimes coming to the conclusion that there is obviously an underlying problem with said product and they are trying palm them off on to unsuspecting customers.

The luxury goods industry do a similar thing where supply is managed to stop there being an over saturation in the market and the products becoming too common, the likes of Ferrari don't want to sell shed loads of cars each year as if everyone has got one then it is no longer special.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Guys, there's a whole thread about the price fixing stuff already. Do we really have to do this in here? It's nothing to do with what Behringer may or may not release next...

Roland, Korg and GAK fined, how is this going to effect us?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
I would guess it's all about perception form a potential customers point of view, not only do customers generally equate higher prices with a perceived higher quality but a product that is unusually cheap can make a customer question why said item is reduced, sometimes coming to the conclusion that there is obviously an underlying problem with said product and they are trying palm them off on to unsuspecting customers.

The luxury goods industry do a similar thing where supply is managed to stop there being an over saturation in the market and the products becoming too common, the likes of Ferrari don't want to sell shed loads of cars each year as if everyone has got one then it is no longer special.
Cheers, I saw a program on TV, they said something similar about clothing brand Burberry. Any unsold Burberry stock was not allowed to be sold to outlets selling brands at knock down prices - They didn't want to see the common man wearing them and losing it's for the rich elite image - so their answer was to destroy them.
Old 4 days ago
DGL
Lives for gear
Thomann, KT BBD 320 in stock £145
https://www.thomann.de/gb/klark_tekn...on_bbd_320.htm
Old 4 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
yay, going to see if I can order one.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

16 voice, 3 osc, bazillion lfos, vco, cv, 5 octave with after-touch(s) up the ass, lots of effects goodies, patch memory, no sequencer, available in Green, Red, or White colors.

Sup Uli, I know you're lurking homie.
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Recently uploaded mockups from the Facebook page for those who dont have a Facebook account:

Old 18 hours ago
Gear Head

Behringer Juno-60 looks awesome. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Head

Behringer Juno-60 looks awesome. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cannot be really analog with all that features. Especially as it is unlikely that the case houses a spring tank.

Masi
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Nut

Nice but give me an sh5
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-imgext.jpeg.jpg  
Old 15 hours ago
Are these mockups from Behringer or just some of the users on there?
Old 15 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love it! The unpronounceable name should have been written in classical Tibetan characters, or Klingon would work. 8-stage envelopes, using oversize pushbuttons instead of knobs or sliders!? It's daring! The few categories of controls are incomprehensible. More "Bank" buttons than anything else. So ugly, the designer didn't bother with a Behringer logo. At first glance, you might think it's a JD-XA clone, but then as your eyes focus, you're like, "WTF?!"

Is this supposed to be a clone of something? Was ever there a product such as this?

I mean, there are 28 individual outs. Is this supposed to cure my individual outputs addiction? "You think it's cool?! You're gonna sit there until you smoke the whole carton!"

Love it! Not enough to join Facebook, but still.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the unconventional length keyboard. Genius!
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Interesting that someone drew up a Weasel Command, considering Buchla just released a $3000 version...
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallery7 View Post
Are these mockups from Behringer or just some of the users on there?
Just users. Nothing special to see here.
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Hate to be that guy, but:

1) I cannot say it enough - red on black is incomprehensibly poor UI design. 8% of males are red green blind. So, 8% of your customers will guaranteed be pissed at that single choice. I have a JD-Xi, it's literally unreadable in almost any light.

2) Buttons vs sliders? The Korg Odyssey pitch bend and mod buttons are horrible. Rubbery buttons feel wobbly, Quadrasynth tried them, didn't like it.

3) I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about the red race tracks. But, they remind me of the awful roland boutique PB and M 'sliders'. Again, awful, inaccurate, unresponsive.

4) when did we get a 5 1/2 octave keyboard? I like it, but I can't believe this is a cost conscious design.

I'm in the "Behringer will be the most experienced in classic analog synth design on the planet" camp. I would hate to see the first fruit of that unique experience be unplayable - by me anyway :-)

Last edited by SkyWriter; 10 hours ago at 03:56 AM..
Old 13 hours ago
That guy with his workstation for everything designs
Old 13 hours ago
I don't understand why Juno clones always pop up in the fan renders when they've already done a Juno clone.
Old 12 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Al1en View Post
That guy with his workstation for everything designs
I really can't see what's wrong with that the DS80 is going to be 8x multitimbral but 32 voices ROFL.

There are 3 types of posts on that page:

1) people who actually come up with ideas and mockups
2) people who ask for the release date of <insert product name here>
3) people who post their sh1tty music hoping to get sum likes and fans but the mods do delete them.

There is really nothing special posted on that page.
Old 12 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
I don't understand why Juno clones always pop up in the fan renders when they've already done a Juno clone.
Its because of people like you who think the Juno 60 is the same as the Juno 106 and if that's not stupid enough you don't even know that the deepmind isn't a Juno 106 clone just based on one.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
I love it! The unpronounceable name should have been written in classical Tibetan characters, or Klingon would work. 8-stage envelopes, using oversize pushbuttons instead of knobs or sliders!? It's daring! The few categories of controls are incomprehensible. More "Bank" buttons than anything else. So ugly, the designer didn't bother with a Behringer logo. At first glance, you might think it's a JD-XA clone, but then as your eyes focus, you're like, "WTF?!"

Is this supposed to be a clone of something? Was ever there a product such as this?

I mean, there are 28 individual outs. Is this supposed to cure my individual outputs addiction? "You think it's cool?! You're gonna sit there until you smoke the whole carton!"

Love it! Not enough to join Facebook, but still.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the unconventional length keyboard. Genius!
Reading that post was the best abs workout I ever had.

I'm clueless on what this supposed to be:

Old 11 hours ago
Quote:
I really can't see what's wrong with that the DS80 is going to be 8x multitimbral but 32 voices ROFL.

There are 3 types of posts on that page:

1) people who actually come up with ideas and mockups
2) people who ask for the release date of <insert product name here>
3) people who post their sh1tty music hoping to get sum likes and fans but the mods do delete them.

There is really nothing special posted on that page.
I agree there's not much good coming from 1, 2 and 3 on that page.

If every poly synth Behringer release is a workstation, as this bloke wants, in my view there's no multi purchases going on. Why would I want 3 or 4 workstations in my arsenal? Give me those as just synths and I'm more likely to buy a few to run from a daw or hardware sequencer, but with such a cross over(kill) I wouldn't bother.

I can't speak for everyone, just give my opinion, but a cs80 with 8 parts isn't my idea of recreating a dream classic, more like a frankenstein's monster. More poly would be okay though. 16 would be plenty for me.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear