The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
115 Votes - 9.85%
SH 202
25 Votes - 2.14%
TB 303
97 Votes - 8.30%
Jupiter 8
424 Votes - 36.30%
Jupiter 6
95 Votes - 8.13%
Jupiter 4
122 Votes - 10.45%
OB-X
156 Votes - 13.36%
OB-XA
244 Votes - 20.89%
VCS-3
177 Votes - 15.15%
Synthi A
143 Votes - 12.24%
Polykobol
93 Votes - 7.96%
Polivoks
70 Votes - 5.99%
Mini korg 700s
52 Votes - 4.45%
Oberheim 4 voice
86 Votes - 7.36%
CS-80
326 Votes - 27.91%
PPG wave
145 Votes - 12.41%
Memory Moog
156 Votes - 13.36%
Prophet 5
226 Votes - 19.35%
Buchla easel
128 Votes - 10.96%
Voyetra 8
70 Votes - 5.99%
VP-330
63 Votes - 5.39%
Arp Quadra
76 Votes - 6.51%
Arp Chroma
62 Votes - 5.31%
Arp 2600
306 Votes - 26.20%
Arp sequencer
46 Votes - 3.94%
Synclavier
71 Votes - 6.08%
Wasp
73 Votes - 6.25%
SH1
22 Votes - 1.88%
SH7
59 Votes - 5.05%
SH5
91 Votes - 7.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 weeks ago
  #3721
Gear Maniac
 
Alien Sound's Avatar
Please, give us a clone of the unaffordable EMS Vocoder 3000!




Or get some people into the boat for something like this:



I can't get enough vocoders
Old 1 week ago
  #3722
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
 

https://pitchfork.com/news/devastati...rd-supply/amp/


The perfect time for Behringer to get into the business.
Old 1 week ago
  #3723
Lives for gear
 
Mastropiero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
https://pitchfork.com/news/devastati...rd-supply/amp/


The perfect time for Behringer to get into the business.
Please, @ Uli Behringer , read this.
Old 1 week ago
  #3724
Gear Maniac
 
Alien Sound's Avatar
Can I have an audio interface with 16-32 line inputs and 4x ADAT? Or with Madi.
Old 1 week ago
  #3725
Lives for gear
 
Bilb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
No....you didn't get what I meant. We need a place to buy used gear and pay per month for it, instead of all at once...but not only that, with no credit check, no credit card sign up, and no APR/fees. There are places that do this for new music gear, but no one does it for used. Affirm charges an arm and a leg. Zzounds is the only place I know that will sell you gear....say I wanna buy a synth for $1,440....Zzounds will let me pay $120 per month for 12 months with no fees at all and ship it right after I make my first payment....but they only do it for new gear, there is no one who does this for used gear. It is a massive hole in the market that needs to be filled and will attract a lot of users to the platform.
Credit card? I don't have any but do use paypal credit sometimes - 4 months 0% (actually works out 5 or more the way the statements work) and 12 months on black friday.
Old 1 week ago
  #3726
Lives for gear
 
the_soulcatcher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sound View Post
Can I have an audio interface with 16-32 line inputs and 4x ADAT? Or with Madi.
that exists already and is called X32 rack + optional madi card
Old 1 week ago
  #3727
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb View Post
Credit card? I don't have any but do use paypal credit sometimes - 4 months 0% (actually works out 5 or more the way the statements work) and 12 months on black friday.
I prefer 12 months any time of year 0% APR.

That's why I love Zzounds....but their selection is limited compared to Sweetwater.

I'll just accept the fact I will never be able to pay per month for used gear and get over it....unless I know the person in real life.
Old 1 week ago
  #3728
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
That's why I love Zzounds....but their selection is limited compared to Sweetwater.

I'll just accept the fact I will never be able to pay per month for used gear and get over it....unless I know the person in real life.
I use Zzounds and American Musical a lot because of the flexible payment plans, but I still lean heavily on Sweetwater, especially since they started carrying modular. Perfect Circuit has a very diverse selection and has constant sales and used gear posted. They take PayPal, Affirm, and Klarna (which so far, I've had a weird experience with.) Honestly, a lot of the time if there's something used that I want but can't afford, I'll just overdraft for it and consider the OD fee a finance charge. It's stupid, but I'm impatient when it comes to gear I want.
Old 1 week ago
  #3729
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Never played bass pedals, but wonder about the practicality of it. Probably hard to play standing and difficult to learn even sitting down.
Are the two feet used? I've only seen pedals played by classical organists, so no quite sure how it is used in the rock environment. I know the bassline in Since I've been loving you is pedals, but can't imagine how it was played.
Geddy Lee has the answer



Now if you want to use your hands, that's fine too!

Old 1 week ago
  #3730
Gear Maniac
 
Alien Sound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
that exists already and is called X32 rack + optional madi card
I'm not a friend of digital mixers and small displays (I would need binoculars, haha), to connect all my current and future stuff 32 physical inputs are not enough for me, and I don't see any Madi inside the X32. There's just AES/EBU.

So I'm still thinking about something like a MOTU AI 24 (maybe plus an AO 24), an RME Fireface UFX+ or an RME HDSPe Madi FX plus a Ferrofish Pulse16 MX.
Even an RME HDSPe RayDAT with 4x ADAT would not be enough for me. I want all of my devices to be connected, but I don't like Patchbays
Old 1 week ago
  #3731
Lives for gear
 
Mastropiero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sound View Post
I'm not a friend of digital mixers and small displays (I would need binoculars, haha), to connect all my current and future stuff 32 physical inputs are not enough for me, and I don't see any Madi inside the X32. There's just AES/EBU.

So I'm still thinking about something like a MOTU AI 24 (maybe plus an AO 24), an RME Fireface UFX+ or an RME HDSPe Madi FX plus a Ferrofish Pulse16 MX.
Even an RME HDSPe RayDAT with 4x ADAT would not be enough for me. I want all of my devices to be connected, but I don't like Patchbays
The MADI card is optional.

And you can manage it from an iPad or computer, so you aren't stuck to a small screen.
Old 1 week ago
  #3732
Lives for gear
 
the_soulcatcher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero View Post
The MADI card is optional.

And you can manage it from an iPad or computer, so you aren't stuck to a small screen.
this!
plus you can expand the x32 inputs with additional 64 inputs if needed
Old 1 week ago
  #3733
Lives for gear
 
Mr Knoch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
Geddy Lee has the answer



Now if you want to use your hands, that's fine too!

These are fantastic! Can you post them on the incredible synth performances thread? I not, I'll put them over there tomorrow. Love 'em.
Old 1 week ago
  #3734
Lives for gear
 
pppch's Avatar
 

and the oscar goes to bratwurst pitt

Old 1 week ago
  #3735
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
and the oscar goes to bratwurst pitt

When do we get a Q&A with her?
Old 6 days ago
  #3736
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
the dude on the left is my least favorite of the three who do those demos.
Old 6 days ago
  #3737
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
the dude on the left is my least favorite of the three who do those demos.
So he is the Charlie Brown of Behringer?
Old 6 days ago
  #3738
Lives for gear
Stomp-box sized for guitar players or eurorack module.


Last edited by goom; 5 days ago at 05:07 AM..
Old 6 days ago
  #3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
So he is the Charlie Brown of Behringer?
Charlie Brown was alright. It's tough standing out when you're in a group with Busta.

Old 6 days ago
  #3740
vlz
Lives for gear
 
vlz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Charlie Brown was alright. It's tough standing out when you're in a group with Busta.

and here me thinking the reference was to Peanuts.
Old 5 days ago
  #3741
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
and here me thinking the reference was to Peanuts.
It was.
Old 5 days ago
  #3742
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
Add this to the clone list?

http://www.vintagesynth.com/moog/moogvocoder.php

According to Vintage Synth Explorer, it's already a clone, so no need to feel guilty with this one!

"In 1979 Moog released a vocoder of their own, although its design and architecture is almost identical to the Bode 7702 vocoder."
Old 4 days ago
  #3743
Lives for gear
A hardware sequencer like these but more affordable and new. Use microSD cards instead of disks. CV and MIDI. Would be great to use with modular synths, too.



Last edited by goom; 4 days ago at 02:35 AM..
Old 4 days ago
  #3744
Just got a Pro-1 and I love this synth! Great work Behringer
What I'd like to see in the future is a Behringer Aspro-1 and that would be a full of knobs, keyboard version of the Pioneer Toraiz AS-1, with Pro-1 layout and with all the extras Toraiz has to offer. Make that with creamy white Oberheim SEM style colour, as Aspro also means white in greek. But also AS version of PRO-1. Toraiz sounds fantastic, but has very few knobs and is quite expensive. Make that at Behringer Odyssey price and it will definitely be a hit.
Old 1 day ago
  #3745
Old 22 hours ago
  #3746
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
Behringer loves to show off that picture on so many of their products.
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-screenshot_2020-02-18-19-42-18.jpg  
Old 17 hours ago
  #3747
I've always wondered...is that a photo of Ron Perlman, or just someone who really really looks like him?
Old 16 hours ago
  #3748
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
I've always wondered...is that a photo of Ron Perlman, or just someone who really really looks like him?
I was thinking Richard Branson.
Old 16 hours ago
  #3749
Lives for gear
 
pppch's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
I've always wondered...is that a photo of Ron Perlman, or just someone who really really looks like him?
Old 15 hours ago
  #3750
Lives for gear
 
Mastropiero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
Penitenziagite!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump