80 Votes - 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1060. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Synth to add please: Korg Mono/Poly!
A great sounding easy to use synth.
Can someone PLEASE add it to the poll list??
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

the sampler to rule them all is what i want more than anything.
a bigger volca sample with 32Gb memory and improved functionality, and the DAC, sample interpolation and presets / factory sounds of the S-1000, Emu-II and Fairlight
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by naos View Post
the sampler to rule them all is what i want more than anything.
a bigger volca sample with 32Gb memory and improved functionality, and the DAC, sample interpolation and presets / factory sounds of the S-1000, Emu-II and Fairlight
Yes a proper sampler with today’s memory and technology would be a great and wanted addition.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Crumar Spirit, please. Very unique sound and as-yet uncloned by anyone.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

what is that we hear you on facebook? Did you finaly year our cries for a modern take on hardware samplers?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
I thought it was a clone of the Poly 800
I did too at first, and then I thought: why would they clone *that*!
It would be funny if it is a poly800 clone though.. surely $199 inc tax, with a free keyboard stand and hardware sequencer thrown in. Or they could make it the size of a mousetrap with only access to parameters via USB.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherun View Post
what is that we hear you on facebook? Did you finaly year our cries for a modern take on hardware samplers?
Send us the details!
(can't be arsed with FB..)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
I did too at first, and then I thought: why would they clone *that*!
It would be funny if it is a poly800 clone though.. surely $199 inc tax, with a free keyboard stand and hardware sequencer thrown in. Or they could make it the size of a mousetrap with only access to parameters via USB.
Reverse keys !!!!!!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I want a fully knobby FM synth. 1 knob per function with 4 layers for FM. Akemies Castle with ADSRs and LFOs
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
I want a fully knobby FM synth. 1 knob per function with 4 layers for FM. Akemies Castle with ADSRs and LFOs
4 layers means 4 operators??
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero View Post
4 layers means 4 operators??
4-part multitimbral from what I understand. 4-operator FM is a decent enough architecture, but having those extra 2 or 4 operators does mean a lot.

And yes, we absolutely need a proper hardware FM synthesizer with a proper interface. If Behringer makes an affordable, complex and hands-on FM synth, I'm probably going to get 2 of these. The more I program in FM the less I use other synthesis methods. I have recently come to realize how much I just love the sound of FM.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
4-part multitimbral from what I understand. 4-operator FM is a decent enough architecture, but having those extra 2 or 4 operators does mean a lot.

And yes, we absolutely need a proper hardware FM synthesizer with a proper interface. If Behringer makes an affordable, complex and hands-on FM synth, I'm probably going to get 2 of these. The more I program in FM the less I use other synthesis methods. I have recently come to realize how much I just love the sound of FM.
I get the point and agree, although I still enjoy other forms of sound synthesis, especially the additive synthesis on my Kawai K5000S.

A knobby FM synth would be a great instrument but I'd add some "macro" controls to emulate other architectures but yet having an FM underlying system (I'm thinking of the Korg DS-8).
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
The more I program in FM the less I use other synthesis methods. I have recently come to realize how much I just love the sound of FM.
Same. You can get such rich harmonics and overtones by smashing one waveform into another and modulating the depth of the impact. I rarely use a naked waveform now, even in analog subtractive synthesis environments.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
One knob per function on a 6- or 8- op FM synth is probably overkill, but the most important sound design controls on the front panel, perhaps on a per-operator level might be good enough. I can live with going one level deeper for less used parameters, BUT JUST ONE LEVEL OK YAMAHA!!

Ahem. I would have bought a MODX by now if it didn't have that screen interface and all that tedious screen-prodding modifying one parameter at a time.

Digital rotary encoders / sliders with LED position indicators are a must, so that the settings of the current panel controls can be viewed instantly. Like on the Hydrasynth, but with slightly higher res lights on the controls. I don't want to have to touch the control to find out the current value (that's aimed at you, Novation!).

Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

The poll didn't include the Juno-60 and Oscar. Pitty.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search