The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL Keyboard Synthesizers
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
93 Votes - 17.99%
SH 202
13 Votes - 2.51%
TB 303
40 Votes - 7.74%
Jupiter 8
164 Votes - 31.72%
Jupiter 6
37 Votes - 7.16%
Jupiter 4
56 Votes - 10.83%
OB-X
85 Votes - 16.44%
OB-XA
143 Votes - 27.66%
VCS-3
88 Votes - 17.02%
Synthi A
71 Votes - 13.73%
Polykobol
54 Votes - 10.44%
Polivoks
30 Votes - 5.80%
Mini korg 700s
23 Votes - 4.45%
Oberheim 4 voice
41 Votes - 7.93%
CS-80
161 Votes - 31.14%
PPG wave
75 Votes - 14.51%
Memory Moog
75 Votes - 14.51%
Prophet 5
81 Votes - 15.67%
Buchla easel
57 Votes - 11.03%
Voyetra 8
35 Votes - 6.77%
VP-330
44 Votes - 8.51%
Arp Quadra
39 Votes - 7.54%
Arp Chroma
29 Votes - 5.61%
Arp 2600
163 Votes - 31.53%
Arp sequencer
16 Votes - 3.09%
Synclavier
32 Votes - 6.19%
Wasp
39 Votes - 7.54%
SH1
13 Votes - 2.51%
SH7
26 Votes - 5.03%
SH5
44 Votes - 8.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 517. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th March 2017
  #421
Lives for gear
 
dluther's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
As a customer i honestly dont care. Its for the builders and their lawyers to work legal things out.
As both a customer and a human being with a conscience, I do. And I'm certainly not alone in this, although that sentiment might be in the minority here in this forum and thread.

I voice this dissenting opinion for two reasons:

First, I've mostly made my peace with what Behringer does, because if industry leaders like Roland, Korg, and Yamaha have decided resurrecting their own designs for analog products is not part of their product strategy and these are essentially "abandoned properties," then why shouldn't a company like Behringer come along and fill that void? Especially if significant improvements and enhancements are made like doubling polyphony, improving the software and adding usable effects.

Second, gearslutz has seemingly become the authoritative source for Behringer-related product news by virtue of Uli Behringer's near-exclusive participation here. That's good for gearslutz, but if news sources worldwide are viewing these forums as source material, it follows they will also gauge user opinion here in addition to their own forums where available.
Old 15th March 2017
  #422
Lives for gear
 
playstation's Avatar
 

Roland is going to clone the Deep Mind 12. Karma bitches!! LOL!
Old 15th March 2017
  #423
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstation View Post
Roland is going to clone the Deep Mind 12. Karma bitches!! LOL!
Great. Who doesn't need a 4 voice digital "circuit emulation" with tiny knobs that sounds almost there but not quite.
Old 15th March 2017
  #424
Gear Head
 

Re an ARP2600 clone

"Wasnt it just a 24db ladder filter and needed to be changed after a lawsuit with Moog?"[/QUOTE]
Yes, you are correct but the design and implementation differed in that the
filter response was duller than previous designs due to a fault that only gave a response of 12kHz. The latter version oscillators were also noted to be quite noisy after component changes were made from the 2600p version 3.0 onwards. Alan Pearlmans original design sonically sounds the best. But improvements made to stabilize oscillators and the aforementioned filter did compromise things. As the TTSH project demonstrated these can be overcome and a great sounding 2600 can be created. I'm hopeful that Behringer can take this further and make the better 2600 without the limitations of the original and still bring it to market at a reasonable cost. I doubt this will be as cheap as the Minimoog clone but I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper than what a built TTSH would go for.
Old 15th March 2017
  #425
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
What about a Behringer ROMpler, 5000 patches, sound effects, pianos, organs, drums, noises, basses etc etc..full suite of effects, same mod matrix as Deepmind, same filter, one bank dedicated to sample upload from micro card, synth comes with a neat plug in editor where you can edit all your samples on screen and dump straight off the card into the synth ready for playing. Solid knobs across the surface for envelopes and filters etc
16 part
64 note poly
4 trackx32 step sequencer
4 outs
2 MIDI outs
Old 15th March 2017
  #426
Lives for gear
 
Analog Rob Lowe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
What about a Behringer ROMpler, 5000 patches, sound effects, pianos, organs, drums, noises, basses etc etc..full suite of effects, same mod matrix as Deepmind, same filter, one bank dedicated to sample upload from micro card, synth comes with a neat plug in editor where you can edit all your samples on screen and dump straight off the card into the synth ready for playing. Solid knobs across the surface for envelopes and filters etc
16 part
64 note poly
4 trackx32 step sequencer
4 outs
2 MIDI outs
Yeah like a Behringer K3000, I'm in
Old 15th March 2017
  #427
Lives for gear
 
The Hamburglar's Avatar
 

I'd also like to reiterate how cool an affordable analog string machine would be. I love the organ sounds on those guys.
Old 15th March 2017
  #428
Lives for gear
 
Coorec's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dluther View Post
As both a customer and a human being with a conscience, I do.
You say that like i was no human being and had no conscience. Still, i usually dont care what any companies legally deal with eachother. As mentioned, i am not digging into heater design and dead inventor claims either when bying a toaster. Its Moog that has to deal with it firstly, not me as a potential customer. As long as Moog doesnt make a claim, there is nothing to discuss imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoshores View Post
Yes, you are correct but the design and implementation differed in that the filter response was duller than previous designs due to a fault that only gave a response of 12kHz.
Oh, i didnt know this. Thanks for the information
Old 15th March 2017
  #429
Lives for gear
 
Mr Knoch's Avatar
I would be in a similar boat as these posters; My first choice would be VCO based; would love the CS-80 or the Jupiter 8 as many have requested, but would be equally excited to see a full blown Elka Synthex revival. There are so many digital synths and plug-ins available; I can do without one more of those. But a full fledged beast like the Andromeda (Aurora) or one of those mentioned above, that would take my money all day. Come on, Uli, we know you can do it; the question is will you?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavoyager View Post
Synthex would be great, yes. And it would be on top of my "resurrected polysynth list" besides Memorymoog.
Wasp, too, and I guess that one would be very cheap to build.
But I'm totally with you on The CAT! That thing has to be resurrected, period. SRM II model, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn74 View Post
Here are my dreams

Clones or synths inspired by:
1. Elka Synthex
2. Yamaha CS 80 (or CS 60)
3. Solina String Ensamble

New one:
1. Modern hardware sampler with 8 or 12 voices, analog filters and 8 or 12 bit dac. Full midi, usb storage, possibility to convert and import samples from old Akai, Yamaha, Roland, Ensoniq liblaries.

2. Rack FX module with effects from DM12, full midi controll and VST interface to automate and recall effects settings from DAW (similar to lexicon MX VST editors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoshores View Post
Wish list would be CS-80, Synthi AKS, 80's drum box with a collection of classics such as Simmons, DMX, Linn Drum, etc. this would be nice to be triggered manually or via midi. String Ensemble keyboard. The Space Echo would be nice too.
Old 16th March 2017
  #430
Lives for gear
 

People requesting high-end monster synths ($3k - $5k) could be disappointed. Behringer's game is mass production. I remember someone here said that they worked in MI retail and customer demand for anything over $500 falls off a cliff. I could see them doing a VCO poly synth at a few grand once they get their CEM3340 clone chips done but the real money is in huge volume of cheap stuff, like Korg has done.

Old 16th March 2017
  #431
I would like to see more synths by Behringer but first would like to see the Deepmind 12 become a more solid (bug free) and reliable instrument. I want to get the Deepmind 12 but am waiting a little bit longer.
Old 16th March 2017
  #432
Gear Nut
 

A Monopoly and/or ARP2600 clone and I'm in!
Old 16th March 2017
  #433
Lives for gear
 
Mr Knoch's Avatar
You could be right; but he did ask us what we would like and we need to tell him. Besides that, if Uli could put everything in the Deepmind that he did (for under $1000 US!) he could probably do an A6 for a thousand more. He wouldn't be charging 3-5 grand for it (though me and more than a few others would pay it; just look at the P~6 and OB-6). Anyway, here is that picture again of one that I would like. Can't hurt for Uli and others to see it again.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
People requesting high-end monster synths ($3k - $5k) could be disappointed. Behringer's game is mass production. I remember someone here said that they worked in MI retail and customer demand for anything over $500 falls off a cliff. I could see them doing a VCO poly synth at a few grand once they get their CEM3340 clone chips done but the real money is in huge volume of cheap stuff, like Korg has done.
Old 16th March 2017
  #434
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
When someone asks how many knobs a synth ought to have, they ought to start with this one and only then remove the completely unnecessary ones.
Old 16th March 2017
  #435
Lives for gear
 
Mr Knoch's Avatar
In addition to that cool A6 Aurora, I'll post the video below of the Elka Synthex from the Analog Lab in NY. In my humble opinion, any DCO synth that can sound like this deserves a second lease on life. C'mon, Uli, you know you want to be the one to do it.

Old 16th March 2017
  #436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
I would be in a similar boat as these posters; My first choice would be VCO based; would love the CS-80 or the Jupiter 8 as many have requested, but would be equally excited to see a full blown Elka Synthex revival. There are so many digital synths and plug-ins available; I can do without one more of those. But a full fledged beast like the Andromeda (Aurora) or one of those mentioned above, that would take my money all day. Come on, Uli, we know you can do it; the question is will you?

I have nothing to say, I just wanted to repost that picture...
Old 16th March 2017
  #437
Gear Head
 

CS-80 has my vote! It's the reason I got into synthesizers...

If Behringer doesn't do it, I'll have to try and build myself the Sputnik one.
Old 16th March 2017
  #438
That beefy synth looks like a tank from the future!
Old 16th March 2017
  #439
Lives for gear
A semi-modular DM12 that doubles as a Eurorack case.
Assignable CV and Audio ins and outs
DSP FX and ASIO compatibility
14-bit MIDI controls parameter recording
live sample looping.
Make Eurorack more performance friendly
Old 16th March 2017
  #440
Lives for gear
 
Analog Rob Lowe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
Now that's a slider
Old 16th March 2017
  #441
Lives for gear
 
redloheb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
People requesting high-end monster synths ($3k - $5k) could be disappointed. Behringer's game is mass production. I remember someone here said that they worked in MI retail and customer demand for anything over $500 falls off a cliff.
Unfortunately this is simplification of very complicated multidimentional curve. If price were only factor there would never be premium items. Eg If Behringer release Jupiter 8 clone with authentic sound and modern features for $2k they would have big sales and may make more money than with DM12.
Old 16th March 2017
  #442
Lives for gear
 
Arglebargle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
In addition to that cool A6 Aurora, I'll post the video below of the Elka Synthex from the Analog Lab in NY. In my humble opinion, any DCO synth that can sound like this deserves a second lease on life. C'mon, Uli, you know you want to be the one to do it.

Yeah! I was down at Switched On one day when they happened to have two Elka Synthexi on the floor, hooked up together. Sounded pretty dang impressive.

Surely that would fit into one of those 20 Behringer design slots....
Old 16th March 2017
  #443
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
I'm going to push this one as more of a long term proposal and hope the data mining sees it often enough..

Behringer music easel.

Old 16th March 2017
  #444
Lives for gear
A magical audio filter that keeps Moog Fanatics from whining about the "character" of everything...
Old 16th March 2017
  #445
I support many of the previous comments which suggest digital-analog hybrid. It could be something like a bastard son of Blofeld and JD-XA. Polyphonic synthesizer with digital oscillators capable of sample processing. So, preferably

- 8 voice architecture, preferably multitimbral
- 2 versatile DCO:s with variable waveforms
- 2 digital oscillators capable of playing wavetables as well as sapmples and doing granular synthesis.
- Analog multimode filter
- Modulation matrix
- Interface similar to DeepMind 12. More knobs than in a Blofeld, less than in JD-XA
- All sorts of cross-modulation and FM possibilies.
- Effects such as in Deep Mind.
- Sequencer capable of sequencing also exterenal gear.
Old 16th March 2017
  #446
Gear Maniac
 
Uli Behringer's Avatar
 

We just received the first batch of our 3340 VCO chip.

It is a 100% exact replica of the Curtis CEM3340 which even includes the 40 year old, 8 micron manufacturing process. It was a difficult and expensive undertaking but we are very pleased with the result as this VCO is considered one of the best sounding oscillators.

We are continuing to invest in reviving other legacy Curtis and SSM semiconductors which will allow us to bring back classic synths - all in the most authentic way. We have also reissued the 3320 filter chip which should be arriving in a few months.

Uli
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL-v3340.jpg  
Old 16th March 2017
  #447
Lives for gear
 
Mr Knoch's Avatar
Hot dog! We knew you could do it, Uli. Now we just need 32 of them working together for a realization of this:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
We just received the first batch of our 3340 VCO chip.

It is a 100% exact replica of the Curtis CEM3340 which even includes the 40 year old, 8 micron manufacturing process. It was a difficult and expensive undertaking but we are very pleased with the result as this VCO is considered one of the best sounding oscillators.

We are continuing to invest in reviving other legacy Curtis and SSM semiconductors which will allow us to bring back classic synths - all in the most authentic way. We have also reissued the 3320 filter chip which should be arriving in a few months.

Uli
Old 16th March 2017
  #448
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
We just received the first batch of our 3340 VCO chip.

It is a 100% exact replica of the Curtis CEM3340 which even includes the 40 year old, 8 micron manufacturing process. It was a difficult and expensive undertaking but we are very pleased with the result as this VCO is considered one of the best sounding oscillators.

We are continuing to invest in reviving other legacy Curtis and SSM semiconductors which will allow us to bring back classic synths - all in the most authentic way. We have also reissued the 3320 filter chip which should be arriving in a few months.

Uli
Hello Prophet 5 Rev.3 and OB-8!
Old 16th March 2017
  #449
Sounds like the next logical re-issue is OB-8 .
Old 16th March 2017
  #450
Lives for gear
 
robinkle's Avatar
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump