The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any CME VX / UF experiences? Keyboard Controllers
Old 11th March 2007
Here for the gear

Any CME VX / UF experiences?

Hi all!

I'm evaluating some master keyboards as an accompanied input device for my weighted Studiologic VMK 188 (in addition to that I need semi-weighted one) and CME caught my eye.

Does anyone has experience with CME regarding quality of the keys and its playability especially of VX and UF series. Are they in any comparison to Studiologic/Fatar or similar?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2007
Gear Maniac

Hi Alien!

I'm also looking to buy a controller and one of my options is the VMK 188 plus, is this the one you own? I would appreciate it if you could tell me about your experiences with this controller. Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2007
Gear Addict

i have a CME UF6 & a Studiologic SL-161

As far as the keys, IMO the UF6 keys are clunkier/stiffer compared to most master controllers. I don't know if this is their interpretation of semi-weighted, but it definetly feels cheaper/worse than the keybed in a Korg/Roland/Yamaha workstation. I think the SL-161 feels even cheaper but at times it is more enjoyable to play.
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

CME keyboards are very cheaply built. The action is UNPREDICTABLE. They only look red dfegad.

Cheers
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

if u get it, you can get the waldorf synth card for it. looks interesting.
Old 11th May 2007
Gear Nut

We've got a UF5. I like the stiff action of the keys for synth stuff, but trying to sequence using an orchestral library will drive you crazy. The USB functionality is very buggy so we're running via midi. That's fine except the transport controls don't work now (with cubase). The velocity curves also leave a lot to be desired. That all being said, I don't know of another midi controller with keys that feel as solid.

-s
Old 13th May 2007
Gear Maniac

Been using a UF7 for a while now, works great gets the job done in the studio. On road however i had some problems, probably they donot like getting beat up in roadcases and bouncing down the freeway everyday.
Old 14th May 2007
Gear Nut

I would avoid the first run of keyboards from CME at this point, UF5,6,7,8, etc. The line has been updated, UF50,60,70,80... and I understand a lot of the quirks and issues that plagued the first ones have been worked out. As always, try before you buy.

The VX line is more expensive and you can see that in the construction. I had a chance to play a VX6 and liked the synth action very much.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search