The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Baloran ‘The River’ Synthesizer (Mind BLOWN) Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Still some clarification because I really want everything to be clear !

Lot 3 list is not yet an official order. I just promise to warn you before uploading availabilities.
It is the payment of the advance which will confirm the order. But I have to validate my production capacity and that of my suppliers before requesting the payment of reservations. I can not accept to receive an advance on a product if I am not certain of being able to deliver it

The list lot 3 is already very long and I think soon to restrict it. The "very active" assembly of batch 2 starts in a few days. At the end of the year and with the help of competent people, I would know my production capacity for 2019, the availability of my suppliers and the possible increases in staff to really try to satisfy the demand without me put your head under water :D :D

At this time, I will open the official bookings for the number of The River that I undertake to build within a specified time

For the list batch 2, I had about thirty people on the list. At the time of the reservations and the payment of the deposit, there remained only ten people who confirmed the reservation. Other reservations over three months until the closing of the batch. So it's not very easy to manage. But I hope that after the lot 3, I could fully fund the production and abandon the system of reservations, lists etc ...

Thank you all again for your words and interests. I live a great time and I really hope not to disappoint you
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
Still some clarification because I really want everything to be clear !

Lot 3 list is not yet an official order. I just promise to warn you before uploading availabilities.
It is the payment of the advance which will confirm the order. But I have to validate my production capacity and that of my suppliers before requesting the payment of reservations. I can not accept to receive an advance on a product if I am not certain of being able to deliver it

The list lot 3 is already very long and I think soon to restrict it. The "very active" assembly of batch 2 starts in a few days. At the end of the year and with the help of competent people, I would know my production capacity for 2019, the availability of my suppliers and the possible increases in staff to really try to satisfy the demand without me put your head under water :D :D

At this time, I will open the official bookings for the number of The River that I undertake to build within a specified time

For the list batch 2, I had about thirty people on the list. At the time of the reservations and the payment of the deposit, there remained only ten people who confirmed the reservation. Other reservations over three months until the closing of the batch. So it's not very easy to manage. But I hope that after the lot 3, I could fully fund the production and abandon the system of reservations, lists etc ...

Thank you all again for your words and interests. I live a great time and I really hope not to disappoint you
Now this would be exciting. If all the batch three River Folk follow through, Baloran might just be able to become a large enough company to accomplish all those things people are asking for; distribution, repair centers in different countries should they ever be needed and shorter wait times for orders. To paraphrase an old song "this could be the start of something big". (Shoot, I may just order a black one from batch three to go with my white one .)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hello Laurent,
since I see you are very active in this thread, may I please reiterate - I already did, I know... - that a certain number of people here are really really hoping that a River module will exist some day?

Best regards
Massimo
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Hello Laurent,
since I see you are very active in this thread, may I please reiterate - I already did, I know... - that a certain number of people here are really really hoping that a River module will exist some day?

Best regards
Massimo
If batch three goes well, maybe he'll be able to expand the product line. I wouldn't mind having one of his analog chorus units for use with my P~6 or Andromeda.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

More River audio+videos please...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
I love this! So funny...

I'm not usually one to go for cults, but there's something about The River that inspires an abandonment of ego.

I suspect the source is the designer himself, who strikes me as a very down-to-earth person.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Rob Lowe View Post

We all wave in unison. We should try to phase offset or unison detune so we don’t look so creepy to the others
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1. string6theory
2. OurDarkness
3. Phil Aiken
4. roc
5. battyroy
6. Vertflyer
7. Analog Rob Lowe
8. ...

Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I am also on the «early notify me list» in a hope to be one of the lucky owners of a The River from batch 3 :-)
I live in Norway and I think Norway as the host for the Nobel peace price needs a peaceful Balorian The River ;-)

I also really love this peaceful thread!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
So it seems that there are some unashamed wh0res shouting outside Baloran's HQ, demanding entry. For the 3rd batch:

1. string6theory
2. OurDarkness
3. Phil Aiken
4. roc
5. battyroy
6. Vertflyer
7. Analog Rob Lowe

8. cramseur (but I don't know where I'm going to get the money, yet!)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
8. cramseur (but I don't know where I'm going to get the money, yet!)
Oh hi!

neither do I but who cares... probably I will pay frequent visits to the nearest hospital for blood transfusion...

1. string6theory
2. OurDarkness
3. Phil Aiken
4. roc
5. battyroy
6. Vertflyer
7. Analog Rob Lowe
8. cramseur
9. ...
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

9. paterursus

(Also looking for the money. I didn't have enough under the couch.)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterursus View Post
9. paterursus

(Also looking for the money. I didn't have enough under the couch.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeir View Post
I am also on the «early notify me list» in a hope to be one of the lucky owners of a The River from batch 3 :-)
I live in Norway and I think Norway as the host for the Nobel peace price needs a peaceful Balorian The River ;-)

I also really love this peaceful thread!
Hi!

1. string6theory
2. OurDarkness
3. Phil Aiken
4. roc
5. battyroy
6. Vertflyer
7. Analog Rob Lowe
8. cramseur
9. paterursus
10. tigeir
11. ...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi!

1. string6theory
2. OurDarkness
3. Phil Aiken
4. roc
5. battyroy
6. Vertflyer
7. Analog Rob Lowe
8. cramseur
9. paterursus
10. tigeir
11. ...
I love Celtic music and I love the one you posted. Forgive me for this one (I just had to).

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Do NOT sully The River by associating it with (shudder) River Dance.

(throws up in mouth)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post

(throws up in mouth)
I'm sorry. I love the music so much though. Just put it on a different tab and don't look.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Laurent I wonder if it is theoretically possible to use the River (with alternative firmware, and perhaps some extension cables for the voice cards) as the calibration instrument in the future?

That way your custom hardware wouldn’t be needed, say, a decade or two from now, if voices did need recalibration. Curious to know if this is possible?

Also, if one voice did become faulty, for example, is it easy to just ‘switch it off’ and use the river as a 7 voice synth?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post

(throws up in mouth)
Old 1 week ago
roc
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. string6theory
2. OurDarkness
3. Phil Aiken
4. roc
5. battyroy
6. Vertflyer
7. Analog Rob Lowe
8. ...

So happy to hear from Laurent and to be apart of this group .
After all this time The River will be my 1st analog polysynth , I'm truly humbled by it's warm tone and the CV IO is just a dream .

Saying a big hello to my new family , WE ARE ONE WE ARE THE RIVER
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Also, if one voice did become faulty, for example, is it easy to just ‘switch it off’ and use the river as a 7 voice synth?
Hopefully, someone with some authority on the subject will chime in soon. In the meantime, I would think simply inserting a dummy plug into the direct VCO output of the problematic voice would do the trick since any voice which is accessed directly is automatically eliminated from the total number of voices.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
After all this time The River will be my 1st analog polysynth
Me too. Seems strange, given the kind of music one can create with an analog poly. It's like everything I've done with synthesizers up to now is leading up to this. It's going to feel like graduating or something...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I’m listening to the 73 sound demos in flac format for the first time (playlist style through my Korg AudioGate software which I use for paying back high rate DSD files on my computer).

Holy Mother (or is that French Godfather) of vintage-modern analog synthesis!

Btw, I missed this part of the Audiozine The River review where they mention the cv outputs are both V/O AND H/V, nice touch (...my Voyager RME and MS-20M will be happy );

“Under the first row of connectors, you will find an impressive array of three rows of eight plugs: two rows of CV outputs and a row of Gate outputs (when you order The River, you can ask for 1/4" or 1/8" jacks to fit your modular synth system, very cool). CV can transmit Volt/Octave or Hertz/Volt (a future update may allow to settle the CV slope to fit uncalibrated analog external modules). You can also choose Gate polarity. As a result, The River is a powerful MIDI/USB-to-CV/Gate interface, able to communicate with vintage mono, poly or paraphonic instruments, as well as modern ones. Outstanding! The internal gigantic PSU delivers 120 VA of power, more than a Memorymoog!”

Review and Flac demo download here (scroll to bottom for Flacs)...

Exclusive review of the Baloran The River French analog synth followed by its designer's interview - Audiofanzine

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I see similarities between the Sequential Prophet T8 design enclosure style (one of the very best keyboard synths ever made) and The River. Sort of like the T8 was squished a half octave on each side, raising the panel height & slope, and reducing the table top depth to that of The River.

Check it out!

Edit; If The River keyboard had poly AT, I think I'd be wetting myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Baloran ‘The River’ Synthesizer (Mind BLOWN)-sequential-prophet-t8.jpg   Baloran ‘The River’ Synthesizer (Mind BLOWN)-baloran-river_01.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I love the flat top for pedals and cowbell etc

Also The River sounds so good
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I see similarities between the Sequential Prophet T8 design enclosure style (one of the very best keyboard synths ever made) and The River. Sort of like the T8 was squished a half octave on each side, raising the panel height & slope, and reducing the table top depth to that of The River.

Check it out!

Edit; If The River keyboard had poly AT, I think I'd be wetting myself.

when i first final version pics of the River, it reminded me instantly of PPG Wave 360. controls are different type, with sliders instead of knobs, but the case shape, tilt angle, keybed position etc, is quite similar:

PS doesn't River have MPE support already, can't remember now if i've seen it mentioned on the thread already?

if it does, if one gets a Roli, thats pretty much poly-at on steroids right there, nes pas?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
when i first final version pics of the River, it reminded me instantly of PPG Wave 360. controls are different type, with sliders instead of knobs, but the case shape, tilt angle, keybed position etc, is quite similar:

PS doesn't River have MPE support already, can't remember now if i've seen it mentioned on the thread already?

if it does, if one gets a Roli, thats pretty much poly-at on steroids right there, nes pas?
Exactomundo Cluster! The River does have the support. I’d like a Roli Rise-49 in a slide out tray right underneath or perhaps right on the top, if the reach isn’t too bad for me. It’d be great in they came out with a Rise-61 to match up keyboard widths.

Haha, the PPG Wave looks very similar too! I personally appreciate the sharper angled panel on synths for better ergonomics. I’m always tilting all my flat sits up a little.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hey Clusterchord, Don't know if you missed these vids using the MPE. I enjoy watching them often, you may, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The pads on the River sound lush and organic. Have you ever programmed a pad on top tier softsynth and it sounds good but you just dont give a f*ck about it 3 minutes later, not this synth. This thing has life to everything.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
The pads on the River sound lush and organic. Have you ever programmed a pad on top tier softsynth and it sounds good but you just dont give a f*ck about it 3 minutes later, not this synth. This thing has life to everything.
I think one great thing is the inclusion of the analog chorus.
I am in love with my analog choruses.
They really have the ability to transform a “warm pad” into a “lush gorgeous pad”.
My favorite one being the CS-550 and my only regret the fact that is is stereo but has a mono-in which loses the stereo individual voice panning I usually have in my patches (on my A6 or my Oberheims).
I have never found a digital chorus that “lush”, even though the Strymon Ola gets close (and has a nice stereo in) but remains a tad “cold”
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search