The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Baloran ‘The River’ Synthesizer
Old 26th February 2019
  #2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
Love it! Chariots of Fire meets Time Bandits meets Escape From New York!
Old 26th February 2019
  #2282
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
Love it! Chariots of Fire meets Time Bandits meets Escape From New York!
Thanks! You read my mind exactly!!!
Old 26th February 2019
  #2283
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
I love thanks Sean !

I have advanced on the local off, it seems to work very well with Cubase

I was also able to set up the symmetrization of the SIN and TRI waves of the DLFO on the two VCOs. It is indeed a real plus.
I just have to check that the additional calculations are not penalizing for the rest: the virtual offset of this symmetrization depends on many parameters and must therefore be updated very often: DLFO commands of the VCOs, Wheel, Aftertouch, velocity, pedal , command ampl / rate etc ...
Thanks! I'm also glad to hear about the impending Local Off and will look out for that update. I am LOVING The River!!!
Old 26th February 2019
  #2284
Lives for gear
 
markwalkerjr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
This is amazing.
Old 26th February 2019
  #2285
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwalkerjr View Post
This is amazing.
Thanks! It was definitely fun to work on. I can write in this style all the time and not get bored.
Old 1st March 2019
  #2286
Gear Maniac
 

Version 1.61 online with local off and symetrical SIN and TRI for DLFO.
See Baloran Forum - Index
Old 1st March 2019
  #2287
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
Version 1.61 online with local off and symetrical SIN and TRI for DLFO.
See Baloran Forum - Index
Local off will be perfect as the Baloran will be my master controller.
Old 1st March 2019
  #2288
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
Version 1.61 online with local off...
This is great news, as I'm also planning to use The River as my master controller.

Btw, on the Baloran forum, I noticed that in April 2018 you posted you were inspired to implement MPE into The River by the Linnstrument 128 you purchased.

I'm current researching MPE controllers to use with The River and have narrowed it down to either a Roli or Linnstrument. Well, I say "narrowed it down" but actually there's not so much choice.

Anyway, I'm curious to know how the Linnstrument 128 has worked out for you, as this is the one I find most suitable to my current setup, both in terms of space and functionality. I'm not asking you to endorse a specific MPE controller of course. I'm only wanting to know how it's been working for you. Thanks!
Old 1st March 2019
  #2289
Lives for gear
 
Firechild's Avatar
1.61 has been great so far. I had some minor issues with 1.60, which seem to be gone now, thanks!
Old 1st March 2019
  #2290
Lives for gear
 
drockfresh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
1.61 has been great so far. I had some minor issues with 1.60, which seem to be gone now, thanks!
We look forward to you posting some tracks
Old 1st March 2019
  #2291
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
1.61 has been great so far. I had some minor issues with 1.60, which seem to be gone now, thanks!
My eyes must be worse than I thought because I cannot find the link to download 1.61. Can anyone direct me to it? Thanks!
Old 1st March 2019
  #2292
Gear Nut
 

Everything happens within the update utility: download the latest OS from it, then upgrade.
Old 1st March 2019
  #2293
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote14 View Post
Everything happens within the update utility: download the latest OS from it, then upgrade.
Yeah, I just realized that. Thanks!
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2294
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Thanks a lot, Baloran & Laurent, for the update with Local MIDI off.

I'm spending the day creating new River presets and marking my favorites down. Such a lovely sounds!
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2295
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
Thanks a lot, Baloran & Laurent

Quantum7, I will end with a split personality .

And thank you all for your words and help
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
Quantum7, I will end with a split personality .

And thank you all for your words and help
He needs to be hired as an official Baloran rep.
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2297
Gear Addict
 
KazRemark's Avatar
 

I feel like this was covered previously but I don't remember... what's the method for updating as a Mac user?
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2298
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
Love it! Chariots of Fire meets Time Bandits meets Escape From New York!
With a little Tron thrown in the mix, too.
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2299
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars View Post
With a little Tron thrown in the mix, too.
Awe man, now I wish I didn't do the original Tron already on my Modals, it would have been cool also on The River.
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2300
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazRemark View Post
I feel like this was covered previously but I don't remember... what's the method for updating as a Mac user?
For update, today, no solution on Mac. I bought a Mac to make some developments, but I have not put myself yet .... You must borrow a Win10 PC from a friend
Other The River softwares works fine on Wine
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2301
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
You must borrow a Win10 PC from a friend
Does it have to be Win10 or would Win7 also work?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm primarily a Mac user but recently bought a small PC laptop for River management purposes. It's running Win7.
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2302
Lives for gear
 
Lady Gaia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloran View Post
For update, today, no solution on Mac. I bought a Mac to make some developments, but I have not put myself yet .... You must borrow a Win10 PC from a friend
Will the software run on VirtualBox? It’s free but you still need a valid Windows license. That’s the technique I used when I needed to port some synth utility software to Windows since I don’t have a PC to run development tools on.

Yes, we have the same problem in opposite directions. If you any questions about macOS development, feel free to send me a PM.
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2303
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I'm primarily a Mac user but recently bought a small PC laptop for River management purposes. It's running Win7.
Win7 works fine, but in certains case, you must install before
http://www.baloran.com/TheRiver/serial_install.exe

Old 2nd March 2019
  #2304
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Will the software run on VirtualBox
I not like virtual environments for firmware updates...
We always have a wife / child / neighbor / friend nice with a PC
But yes, VirtualBox is a very nice product
Old 2nd March 2019
  #2305
Gear Addict
Or you just install Windows on your mac with bootcamp...easy...
You don't even have to enter a serial to install Windows
Old 3rd March 2019
  #2306
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
I am working on another The River demo. This time I'm doing "Vengeance" by Tangerine Dream from "The Sorcerer" soundtrack. The River is giving me a very nice vintage 70's tone without breaking a sweat even.
Old 3rd March 2019
  #2307
Lives for gear
 
string6theory's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
I am working on another The River demo. This time I'm doing "Vengeance" by Tangerine Dream from "The Sorcerer" soundtrack. The River is giving me a very nice vintage 70's tone without breaking a sweat even.
Bless your heart!

I’d like to propose setting up a live web cam feed to your beautiful studio room and The River so those of us waiting for ours can get some vicarious vibes as you practice, noodle, compose, record, or even dust off yours.

Then, when we get ours, you can do the live web feeds like Amos etc. and the Moog One and teach us everything you know!
Old 3rd March 2019
  #2308
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
Bless your heart!

I’d like to propose setting up a live web cam feed to your beautiful studio room and The River so those of us waiting for ours can get some vicarious vibes as you practice, noodle, compose, record, or even dust off yours.

Then, when we get ours, you can do the live web feeds like Amos etc. and the Moog One and teach us everything you know!
People would probably be soooo bored watching me work, as I am often very slow at composing these days. 20 minutes searching and creating sounds, 20 minutes lying on the couch with the heat pad on my back, and on and on just like that.
Old 3rd March 2019
  #2309
Lives for gear
 
pppch's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
People would probably be soooo bored watching me work, as I am often very slow at composing these days. 20 minutes searching and creating sounds, 20 minutes lying on the couch with the heat pad on my back, and on and on just like that.
make a comparison with the m1 1:1 .. possibly interesting for a wider audience
Old 4th March 2019
  #2310
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Vintage synth goodness on The River Oh yeah, the tape hiss was added for a 70’s effect....that isn’t from the River.

Last edited by Quantum7; 5th March 2019 at 06:04 PM..
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump