The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai MPCX Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Addict
Akai MPCX

Ooh. What I've been waiting for!
Akai Professional MPC X Standalone Sampler and Sequencer | Sweetwater
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Maniac
bought!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

"Looper" button! -- looking fwd to seeing what the live looping capabilities are going to be like.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

oohh wow!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

The red / black color scheme is fugly.

Old 9th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wozniak View Post

Indeed. There's absolutely no chance I'd be able to convince my wife "I've had it for ages"
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Oops, sweetwater pulled it.

Would be pretty cool if it has a Rhythm Wolf builtin (or emulation), and Howl effect...
Old 9th January 2017
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
What was the price?
$2,199.00
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
What was the price?
CDM has all leaked specs still. $2199 for big guy, $1199 I think for little guy.
Old 9th January 2017
Man, I wanna peep that manual to check the workflow... depending on the finer details, I'm super interested.
Old 9th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
CDM has all leaked specs still. $2199 for big guy, $1199 I think for little guy.
Big guys too rich for me...but

Thx
Old 9th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
Man, I wanna peep that manual to check the workflow... depending on the finer details, I'm super interested.
Im going to try out the new software with my mpc studio before Id consider dropping that cash...ultimately its what will decide whether this is a hot or miss, 1.9.6 is pretty good as is
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

embedded computer running mpc 2.0 software with a dedicated controller and audio interface, this looks promising. i do like the mpc software but for playing live, this looks like a very powerful machine. blurs the lines for sure. will those DAWLESS jam folks accept this as being DAWLESS? this could replace 1/2 my hardware setup when i play live. damn.
Old 9th January 2017
VDB
Lives for gear

Those little LCD screens above the knobs looks super cool!
Old 9th January 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
four MIDI output ports, but it also includes eight 3.5mm CV/Gate outputs.
Akai is definitely going to spin a hardware sequencer out of this.
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Mpcstuff.com are taking preorders. Idk man 2,200 is a lot of pesos. I get it. I really really
do but this is what gets me. They leave features out of the Ren and the solution comes in an all "new and improved" unit. It's like hey buy, buy, buy...that's the answers. Honestly I'm not knocking it, saying it's wack, or anything of that nature. if it's good for you then by all means do you. I'm not kicking your back in. I just hate the way companies go about it as if we're not spending our hard earned money. As for me. I would probably upgrade the Ren software and call it a day. I have an sp-12 turbo with a s-900 and I can't make due without issue. To eaches own. I'm not mad at anyone buying it.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

looks like a jdxa
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wozniak View Post

i'm sure mpcstuff will offer proper wood sides
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skryptrs View Post
Mpcstuff.com are taking preorders. Idk man 2,200 is a lot of pesos. I get it. I really really
do but this is what gets me. They leave features out of the Ren and the solution comes in an all "new and improved" unit. It's like hey buy, buy, buy...that's the answers. Honestly I'm not knocking it, saying it's wack, or anything of that nature. if it's good for you then by all means do you. I'm not kicking your back in. I just hate the way companies go about it as if we're not spending our hard earned money. As for me. I would probably upgrade the Ren software and call it a day. I have an sp-12 turbo with a s-900 and I can't make due without issue. To eaches own. I'm not mad at anyone buying it.

I'm not necessarily sold on either of these but I think the Live model looks like it could be a winner...the rechargeable battery and smaller size especially.

No CV will turnoff some but at least it has more midi than the average gadget these days.

Does it say anywhere how many tracks this will do at once?
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

True. No I haven't seen anything in relation to the amount of midi tracks. I'm waiting to see all the info. I'm over here yapping and 2 weeks from now could be like here take all my money lol.
Old 9th January 2017
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Really liking this one, the cv ports are a surprise.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
looks like a jdxa
It's not just the looks: both have X in their name, both are hybrid, both are flagships, both have a starting price of $2199, both have CV/Gate, both double up as standalone and MIDI controllers, both are in reaction to long standing user requests, both are a forward-looking mix of old and new, both have terms like "Beast" and "Unleash" in their marketing blurbs...

There's something in the air
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Lol "something in the air"
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
i'm sure mpcstuff will offer proper wood sides
for sure MPC stuff to the rescue for this one. so far from what has been noted, functionally it could be amazing...

some black or wood sides, some thick black pads, and a change of underwear.
Old 9th January 2017
I don't need it, but the X looks very impressive. Step Seq, Looper and the CV/Gate outs all caught my eye. If it's not buggy and it sounds good, this should be exactly what many people have been waiting for.
Old 9th January 2017
At a glance the specs and size are similar to the MPC4K , couldn't find how much it weighs though doubt its 23 pounds.

I suppose its 8 CV outs could control a Vermona DRM1 MKIII with Gate/Trigger Inputs. Looks like the prices went down. Might be a hell of a setup.

My MPC4K died a number of years ago and could never get it fixed. Like what I see so far.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

I think the MPC X should be priced the same as MPC Live.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search