The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai MPCX Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotDedyet View Post
There are also a pretty good number of people not as happy with it.

There are obviously bugs in it and not all the functionality is in the Live that was promised/expected.

I can see a good amount of drama in the X, but by all means go out and get one in the first week. I hope it goes well for you.
Yeah you learn with Akai that being the first with a new product is a gamble with their software.... they take time to iron out the issues.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Months old order finally shipped, whoohoo!

The X looks like the shiznits fo sure.

It's quite round here, so folks must be rockin theirs now that they're shipping.

Old 19th September 2017
Gear Nut

And still not available in the UK.

Seen on other forums delivery of the next batch in Europe has also been pushed back.

WTF is going on? Had this on pre-order since early Spring.
Old 19th September 2017
Lives for gear

Not avail in the rest of EU as well.
Still waiting for it since January.

What the heck is going on at AKAI?
Should I just order one in the US?
Old 19th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Not avail in the rest of EU as well.
Still waiting for it since January.

What the heck is going on at AKAI?
Should I just order one in the US?
Dunno mate.

What's really annoying is that the retailers obviously get dates which are then pushed back again and again.

If I'd have known this was going to be the case for 6 months plus there's no way I'd have preordered.

No blame attached to the retailers as it seems they're all in the same situation but something clearly has been totally mismanaged further up the chain.
Old 11th October 2017
Gear Maniac

I have one on order from a US retailer and if it wasn't for the great price I got, I would order direct from GC bc GC is the only place I have seen them in stock ever (low quantities) besides Sweetwater. Hope Akai ramps up production on these. Can't wait!

Does anyone know why the delay? I read somewhere there was a hardware revision done somehow... Not sure how truthful that is?
Old 11th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
So...how's it going in MPC X World? I assume the software is not fully baked. Are there are major deficiencies, at this point? Are there any glaring omissions in the hardware that need to be fixed in mkii?
Old 11th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 86c3d96 View Post
So...how's it going in MPC X World? I assume the software is not fully baked. Are there are major deficiencies, at this point? Are there any glaring omissions in the hardware that need to be fixed in mkii?
Everybody's over at the MPC live thread a few doors down.
Old 11th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
Originally Posted by xparis001 View Post
I went over there and read a the last couple of months worth. Thanks.
Old 11th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Still, while sharing certain things in common - these are different peoducts. So why do you reckon all the answers regarding the mpc x will get answered on the mpc live thread...?
Old 11th October 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone know whats the availability of the MPC X worldwide?

My dealer (Netherlands) delayed the delivery date for the 6th time to week 44.
Old 11th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
Still, while sharing certain things in common - these are different peoducts. So why do you reckon all the answers regarding the mpc x will get answered on the mpc live thread...?
because that's how it's playing out? just trying to let the guy know it was being talked about elsewhere.
Old 12th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
because that's how it's playing out? just trying to let the guy know it was being talked about elsewhere.
It was useful for a general 2.0 discussion, but nothing really specific to MPC X in the last couple of months. I am really interested in the hardware. The software can be fixed. The lack of optical ADAT digital i/o is a near deal killer for me. If I want to use this with a standalone interface for i/o, I am kind of SOL? This could be the center of a studio. Digital i/o is not a difficult or expensive feature to add and support.

So, are there any other glaring hardware omissions on the MPC X. How does the audio interface sound? The Ren was not so good.
Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_seldon View Post
It was useful for a general 2.0 discussion, but nothing really specific to MPC X in the last couple of months. I am really interested in the hardware. The software can be fixed. The lack of optical ADAT digital i/o is a near deal killer for me. If I want to use this with a standalone interface for i/o, I am kind of SOL? This could be the center of a studio. Digital i/o is not a difficult or expensive feature to add and support.

So, are there any other glaring hardware omissions on the MPC X. How does the audio interface sound? The Ren was not so good.
I’m hoping to hear more information myself about the X from more than the AKAI MPC Forum. Right, how are the preamps and converters? As a controller, does it feel like it integrates well with the Software?
Even without the sampling aspect, how well does the software work with simple linear recording?
Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
I’m hoping to hear more information myself about the X from more than the AKAI MPC Forum. Right, how are the preamps and converters? As a controller, does it feel like it integrates well with the Software?
Even without the sampling aspect, how well does the software work with simple linear recording?
The preamps sounded decent when I tested them using a P-bass and Rhodes. The converters are the same as the MPC Live.
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Anyone know whats the availability of the MPC X worldwide?

My dealer (Netherlands) delayed the delivery date for the 6th time to week 44.
I've not seen any stock be available in the UK anywhere from release. Delay after delay after delay.

It's gone beyond ridiculous now.

Something is clearly fundamentally wrong with this launch.
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear

Is it an indication of demand? With tiny synths and tiny prices ruling the world right now, perhaps the LIVE is pulling in the money so the X gets lower priority.
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12615777-post13.html

Read the last paragraph of one of his posts in the thread referenced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_seldon View Post

Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphinga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
The preamps sounded decent when I tested them using a P-bass and Rhodes. The converters are the same as the MPC Live.
Are you sure about that? Is that documented somewhere? I ask because I'm very curious about this.
Old 14th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
Is it an indication of demand? With tiny synths and tiny prices ruling the world right now, perhaps the LIVE is pulling in the money so the X gets lower priority.
Perhaps, but there clearly is demand as when you talk to retailers they seem just as frustrated with constant delays. I've had delivery dates pushed back again and again since, what July?

It seems like they just haven't serviced the European market.
Old 14th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12615777-post13.html

Read the last paragraph of one of his posts in the thread referenced.
I just don't find that a particularly satisfying answer.
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just don't find that a particularly satisfying answer.
Unfortunately, I think you’ll remain unsatisfied. I searched online today and couldn’t find any modern avalaible sampler with digital I/O: Pioneer, Akai, Elektron. Plenty of USB however.
Old 15th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
Unfortunately, I think you’ll remain unsatisfied. I searched online today and couldn’t find any modern avalaible sampler with digital I/O: Pioneer, Akai, Elektron. Plenty of USB however.
This is being marketed at a beat centric studio center. If I could hook this up to a pro level stand-alone A/D like the Lync Hilo or a Symphony, it could be something special.
Old 15th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is being marketed at a beat centric studio center. If I could hook this up to a pro level stand-alone A/D like the Lync Hilo or a Symphony, it could be something special.
I think you can through the software.
Old 15th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet View Post
I think you can through the software.
yes, if you run the software, you could pick any sound card as your I/O, and use the MPCX hardware to control everything.
Old 20th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
Next question. Does Akai plan to implement native plugin programs on the MPC X? I do understand the difficulties.
Old 20th October 2017
Quote:
Next question. Does Akai plan to implement native plugin programs on the MPC X? I do understand the difficulties.
Whereas Id love this I cant see it...the X and Live work on specs that many plugins would not even list as bassline. It would be so crippled trying to run anything but the the lowest cpu/ram instuments or fx it would hardly be worth implementing

Shame as Id like to stick a couple of eqs and comps in there...cant see it though
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

so i pulled the trigger today to replace my trusty but broken 2500 (jjos xl). really excited
Old 25th October 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
so i pulled the trigger today to replace my trusty but broken 2500 (jjos xl). really excited
Please let me know your thoughts after you have some time with it.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Please let me know your thoughts after you have some time with it.
as i posted in the live thread, coming from the classic mpcs, i really have to get used to the new interface. it’s a little confusing and the touchscreen is not really as responsible as an ipad. just a first impression after a few minutes of use. i‘ll dig in deeper this weekend...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search