The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai MPCX Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
wtf.. that X screen is a goddamn mirror.. they need to come up with an anti-glare system.. or a screen hood or something
Or at least turn away from the windows when they film
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
wtf.. that X screen is a goddamn mirror.. they need to come up with an anti-glare system.. or a screen hood or something
No more glarey than gator glass on a mac or ipad etc... Who knows, maybe that's what it is .
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
No more glarey than gator glass on a mac or ipad etc... Who knows, maybe that's what it is .
..except a laptop screen default at a 90 degree angle. MPCs are usually in the 120 degree zone making it a lot more prone to overhead light reflection etc..
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
A part the fact that on this song she sounds like if she has speech impediments?
About that, Youtube comment:
Ironic how people make fun of this song for having "unintelligible lyrics" when in reality they're just too ignorant to realize that she's singing in a Jamaican dialect.
Don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't have thought about that possibility.

As far as I'm concerned, it's music, she's singing, intelligibility of the words are of little importance, the emotions is there, enjoy the rhythm and melody
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licudi View Post
Dan should play young Ron Mael in the forthcoming Sparks biopic.
I don't think he'd look good in a Hitler moustache.
Old 20th January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
About that, Youtube comment:
Ironic how people make fun of this song for having "unintelligible lyrics" when in reality they're just too ignorant to realize that she's singing in a Jamaican dialect.
Don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't have thought about that possibility.
Its true. When I arrived at college, I couldn't decipher the Jamaican dialect to save my life. Exposure cured that. I wouldn't say 'too ignorant to realize' is a proper way to characterize it. People just haven't been exposed enough (which is the same thing essentially just without the implied recrimination).

There is a tendency of westerners to ignore pan-African culture (except for the aspects they appropriate) and pan-Africa itself, but the average non-racist westerner doesn't even realize that they do it, until you ask them to specify which country in Africa did that event they just saw on the news occur in. And so i don't think its fair to not give the average person the benefit of the doubt.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
I don't think he'd look good in a Hitler moustache.
He also looks and acts nothing like him.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by akai_world View Post
I need a few more videos on the time stretching, just to clear things up.
Most importantly wether one can speed up a female vocal part for lets say 26 bpm...
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licudi View Post
Dan should play young Ron Mael in the forthcoming Sparks biopic.
Forgot to ask, written by Leslie Bohem?
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
..except a laptop screen default at a 90 degree angle. MPCs are usually in the 120 degree zone making it a lot more prone to overhead light reflection etc..
Yeah fair enough. Though as I mentioned before, if it were me, I'd tilt the whole unit forward about 10- 30 degrees, which I have to do with any MPC I use. I am not going to get an X (I prefer the Live for my purposes), but I don't see these cosmetic things as being killers.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Well rumor has it ..

Apparently Dan was suppose to be there but opted for spending the weekend at the hotel; upgraded to premium, free 5star 24/7 service including complimentary massage and ended up staying in his robe watching Namm online in bed from his sun-rise view VIP-Suit , devoted allot of his free time down by the indoor pool in the jacuzzi and getting sissor holds from the sassy spandex wearing brunet he meet in yoga class, he hasn't been answering any calls from Akai management and actually told someone at the bar that he was the illegitimate son of: Leisure Larry, when asked if that was not a computer character he just ordered more Champagne..

Top Andy Mac rumor this Namm is: On the very first day he stole Datalines lunch money, that afternoon he smuggled himself into a DSI Toraiz press conference and interrupted every reporter with recycled question about sample time, pad layering and sequence length, apparently he was able to this for an hour, later that day he did the same at the Elektron Digitakt press conference; focusing most of his questions on physical outputs and occasionally yelling very loudly: Lets Hear It!! ...Friday night he was seen beating up the Percussa engineer in the parking lot. He was kicked out brunch special on Saturday. Gave a skinny WMD presenters a surprise wedgie during a live video presentation, was caught singing that Rihanna accapella on few occasions when he thought he was alone and he actually took a swing at Tom Oberheim in the cafeteria. Apparently he wasn't answering any calls from Akai management either

Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

You could totally write for a tabloid... lol
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

That's Leisure SUIT Larry. And he LIVES!
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
Yeah fair enough. Though as I mentioned before, if it were me, I'd tilt the whole unit forward about 10- 30 degrees, which I have to do with any MPC I use. I am not going to get an X (I prefer the Live for my purposes), but I don't see these cosmetic things as being killers.
They can be depending on the environment you are working in, tilting screens can be useful to minimise unwanted reflections from things such as stage lights.
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuG3nda View Post
Well rumor has it ..

Apparently Dan was suppose to be there but opted for spending the weekend at the hotel; upgraded to premium, free 5star 24/7 service including complimentary massage and ended up staying in his robe watching Namm online in bed from his sun-rise view VIP-Suit , devoted allot of his free time down by the indoor pool in the jacuzzi and getting sissor holds from the sassy spandex wearing brunet he meet in yoga class, he hasn't been answering any calls from Akai management and actually told someone at the bar that he was the illegitimate son of: Leisure Larry, when asked if that was not a computer character he just ordered more Champagne..

Top Andy Mac rumor this Namm is: On the very first day he stole Datalines lunch money, that afternoon he smuggled himself into a DSI Toraiz press conference and interrupted every reporter with recycled question about sample time, pad layering and sequence length, apparently he was able to this for an hour, later that day he did the same at the Elektron Digitakt press conference; focusing most of his questions on physical outputs and occasionally yelling very loudly: Lets Hear It!! ...Friday night he was seen beating up the Percussa engineer in the parking lot. He was kicked out brunch special on Saturday. Gave a skinny WMD presenters a surprise wedgie during a live video presentation, was caught singing that Rihanna accapella on few occasions when he thought he was alone and he actually took a swing at Tom Oberheim in the cafeteria. Apparently he wasn't answering any calls from Akai management either

LOL
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Maniac

Looks cool but I have way too many other things on my wish list,
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Answering some questions (informative, no Rihanna, noisy drummer thought):

(Spot the cybernetic Nick in the background.)

Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Answering some questions (informative, no Rihanna, noisy drummer thought):

(Spot the cybernetic Nick in the background.)

Best videos so far. Lots of questions answered here.
(that effing drummer!!)

/C
Old 21st January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLofgren View Post
(that effing drummer!!)

/C
the F drummer was showcasing the new Alesis drum kits!
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
(that effing drummer!!)

/C
Does anyone know what material the case is made from? I can't tell if it's metal or not.
Old 22nd January 2017
Gear Head

Imagine the qlinks being the knobs from this sequencer and having all the parameters available including cc#, not just the velocities one. All this in a special menu.

Do you think this is feasible?
Attached Thumbnails
Akai MPCX-1.jpg  
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

When hooked up to the computer using the 2.0 software, does the MPCX act as an audio interface giving you two inputs to your DAW?
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
When hooked up to the computer using the 2.0 software, does the MPCX act as an audio interface giving you two inputs to your DAW?
I fear the MPC X is trying to be all things to all people. I'm not criticisng your question but so many wildly different expectations for this thing.
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes.
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

ETA Australia ... 2035 ... I _just_ got an MPC-1000 *sigh*

Jokes aside - I'm definitely getting one of the MPC-Live - the X looks cool - but I'm spending too much already this year (System-8, DM12, Live ...)
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
I fear the MPC X is trying to be all things to all people. I'm not criticisng your question but so many wildly different expectations for this thing.
Maybe so. If they pull it off and the machine sounds good, it'll be interesting to see what direction they start to take their new ideas.
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
Yes.
Hmm, i pondered this myself and i think i've heard in the Sonic state video that it doesnt. I am no native speaker tho and sometimes get things wrong from english interviews. Would be nice if it was an audio interface when tethered. Actually it would be perfect.
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Hmm, i pondered this myself and i think i've heard in the Sonic state video that it doesnt. I am no native speaker tho and sometimes get things wrong from english interviews. Would be nice if it was an audio interface when tethered. Actually it would be perfect.
It does, just like the Renaissance.

The confusion seems to come from two questions being asked at once in that video, and only one being answered.

From the MPC X Quickstart Guide...
Quote:
4. USB-B Port: Use the included USB cable to connect this high-retention-force USB port to an available USB port on your computer. This connection allows MPC X to send and receive MIDI and audio data to and from the MPC software on your computer.
From the MPC X FAQ...
Quote:
If I record a sample while the MPC X is in controller mode with MPC 2.0, is the sample recorded to my MPC X or my computer?

The sample will be recorded onto your computer harddrive and into your MPC 2.0 project folder. While connected in controller mode, the MPC X will act only as a controller/interface, similar to the MPC Renaissance. But once disconnected from controller mode, your project can be transferred to a USB drive, SD card or additional drive on the MPC X to open in standalone.
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

A new video. Short, but nice. No demonstration, just a guy checking it out.

/C
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
A new video. Short, but nice. No demonstration, just a guy checking it out.

/C
Big props to that dude. Best video yet and manages to cram a ton of useful info into under four minutes.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search